Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Thank you for the Birthday wishes, had a great day and a lovely 5.5 miles run image

Great running JR & Grendel especially on an empty stomach....hope the house appliances play the game for you soon

Lisa congratulations and a great report and medal, hope the legs are feeling better soon.

B2B Thank you for my birthday Monkey Tags could you put the photo on here to show the guys and girls my new bling?

• Well done all, glad you had a nice birthday Ms.

Beautiful day out there so decided it was time to hit the forest trails. Forgot how nice they were although still very wet in places, a sign of the winter we have had rain wise.

Slowed it down and went for a bit further. Got home to discover I had covered 4.2 miles in a pedestrian 46 minutes. God did it feel good though.

Days like today make you realise how lucky we are to be alive.

Mar - 30.2

2014 - 74.3

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Well said Beachball image Unfortunately for me there is no sun here today so my run is going to be a wet one. Never mind. 

Glad you enjoyed the birthday run MS image 

B2B, maybe a few short slow runs just to get the legs moving in between the longer efforts may be in order? 

• Nice running Beachball

Nice day here for a change and tonight think I had my first run in the sun of the year !!

Thought I was going well and was certain my watch said 51 mins at the end of 5.78 which would be under 9 min miles, but when I checked it just now the face was blank - I thought the battery was going so now without a watch !! Will try and replace the battery

Keep on keeping on all

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Will catch up later - just under 8 miles done this morning - felt everyone of the 22 miles from Sunday, WIll do some fartlek tomorrow and hopefully a shower by the end of the week!!!!! 

Nice running all -

• /members/images/673252/Gallery/MTR.JPG

Mummysauruseseseseses tags! image

• Hi ppl,been a long time since I was chatting on here. I do apologise, I've changed jobs and been mega busy but nothing new lol....well just to let you all know I competed and completed the liverpool half marathon on Sunday and did it in a good time I thought,157.50 but when I actually checked the official time which was tracked by them and my garmin it turned out it was quicker by 4 mins it was 153.50, the 157.50 was the clock going over the line not realising I wasn't at the front when the gun started..haha what a doughnut. To my amazement tho, when I checked the garmin my lst 9miles were no higher than 8.36 and as low as 8.10..but the last 4 were really hard,the wind was terrible and didn't think it would effect me as it did...slowed me right down,9.01,9.09,9.26&9.41 so I am happy but a little gutted if that makes sense. Now I've done this, my next quest is possible a sprint tri? Not sure yet tho.

• Fat noodles

Well done that man great effort Sir.

As is common we require a pic of the medal please ... new forum rules !! Lisa got a nice one from Hastings, couple of pages back

• Great effort Noodles!

Dragged my grumpy legs around the lake last night with Mummysaurus.

Think im going to look for a physio...

2014 - 143.5

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Well done Fatnoodles - maybe you should drop the Fat and just go Fast Noodles!!!!!

Maybe time to have word with the Physio B2B - with all the plans yo have this year I think perhaps you need to get the legs sorted sooner rather than later.

Still without a shower, seem to be getting there slower and slower, each day I come home from work expecting to see jurassic improvments and very little seems to have been done -  oh welll unlikely to be finished by tomorrow I think!!!  May go swimming Friday night just to have access to a shower!!!

7.87 miles this morning - including a run along a trail - The trail is approximately .75 miles long so did it a few times just to give the old legs a breather - the forecast Fartlek didn't happen but at this stage it's all about distance and finishing rather than speed - (is'nt it?)

Have a good day all -

• Well done BB your doing great

330 hope you get your new battery sorted

Fat Noodles well done Grendel's right maybe a name change is due.....my vote would be Super Noodles image

Grendel nice running, I do hope they get your bathroom sorted soon, going for a swim sounds like a good plan to me

B2B - Thank you for the fun run round the lake, 5.5 sticky slippery miles image loved it and as for the hills *I am a mountain goat, I am a mountain goat* is my new mantra.......now as your mother SEE A FLIPPIN PHYSIO seriously we want to be able to hear all your tales for many years to come, so look after the equipment NOW or your going to be telling the tales but starting with "when I was younger"

No running for me today, having done two 5.5 mile runs over the last few days I am infact rather surprised this morning my legs feel like they could run, but might have a few miles on the cross trainer.

Happy running everyone

• Will gave a look see if I can get one and try the battery MS - and thanks, lost without my watch. Last watch I had stopped working changed the battery - but nothing - still wouldn't work. Hope this is just the case of a new battery don't want to buy another one as really want a Garmin and cant afford one at the moment.

Jesso - nearly forgot to fill out my withdrawal for the VLM best do it tonight - in the "old" days had to send a letter off but can do it online now - the joys of technology !! The very first LM I entered you had to get the form from a bank and return it, they stamped it and gave you a receipt !!

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

+1 for Super Noodles.....image

Nice tags MS 

Grendel, you're right, just get round comfortably. If you really feel good later on you can always up the pace a little for the lat few miles. Enjoy it!

Well, since Sunday and despite best laid plans, I have done.......naff all. A little annoyed at myself but decided to chill out, get some rest (which I have) and get back out there first thing tomorrow. I've been quite busy at work and home lately, especially at weekends, and maybe just needed a recharge, although the legs are raring to go.

330, i cannot even remember the last time I physically went into a bank lol?

• Well done Noodles, great stuff, pic please!!

Nice tags Ms, glad things are going well.

B2b I think you are making the right call with a physio mate.

Hope you get the watch sorted 330.

A few days rest will do no harm JR especially as you are raring to go.

I hope you get that shower sorted soon Grendel. And yes it is about finishing not speed.......However.....

I took the good advice given on here (cheers JR) and decided to make my slow runs longer but do a shorter, speedy, run once a week.

Went for a 5k today and well, went for it. Never thought I would be able to keep the pace going that I started at but was very surprised.

Covered the distance in 29:24 averaging 9:26m/m.

Considering my best 5k is around 27 and a half minutes I really feel I am getting somewhere now. Honestly didn't think I had that in me at the moment but just shows what can be achieved in a relatively short period of time.

Keep up the good work folks image

Mar - 33.3

2014 - 77.4

• JR - Lol !! I must admit I haven't been in a bank for years. I remember the days when if you wanted to get cash you had to go to the bank and write a cheque out to cash !! No ATMs in those days !!

Beachball - its only a cheap ironman but I hate the thought of buying a new one as its fine when it works - lets hope its the battery

5.78 for me tonight no time due to watch

• How do I upload a picture onto here plz?

• Go to the little pic of a tree in the bar above

Gives you a choice of where you want to upload from, your runners world gallery, an external source, or from your computer

• Just bought my first bit of running kit for about 3 years (well apart from shoes) socks - 3 for 2 1000 miles socks. Well, they say running is a cheap hobby !!

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    Cant remember the last socks i bought 330!

Mojo restored a little this morning. Just over 5 miles, will update later.
  • JR - normally buy socks from Sports Direct you know the 50 pairs for a quid type

One wash and there rags !!

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I don't wear socks - I go through them to quickly, so I gave up years ago - (mind my feet are scarred from years of blisters but I guess I wld have the blisters with or without the socks.

6 miles done this morning, felt tired - day off tomorrow - I guess I have three more weeks "training" before starting to taper!!!!  Can't wait to taper. I was almost wishing to be held upon the A12 this morning so I could curl up and go to sleep whilst they cleared away the debris!!!!  Happy days

• Grendel - you have put in a tremendous amount of miles for this marathon no wonder your tired !!

Enjoy the taper when it comes. When I tapered before marathons it was almost a panic thinking I should be running !! really do have to trust the experts on this tapering lark !!

• Im taking all of your advice and taking some time off and getting an "MOT" image

I am already under trained so no point in trying to rescue that! I do know however that If I can get to the start line with legs that feel like mine again I CAN finish! should hopefully be getting a call from the physio tonight to book a consultation then go from there. I suspect deep tissue massages, acupuncture and stretches to be on the cards for at least the next few weeks.....oh and maybe a dent in my wallet

Grendel - are you going for a 2 week taper? I find taper time great but do the same as 330 and spend most of my time questioning if I could have done more! The answer is always yes! ha ha ha im such a rubbish runner ha ha ha 

• http://climbers.net/race/Thames-Path-100-2012  a little something for the number crunchers image 

Slide the bar to about 23:45 - this is my (rough) aim for TP100 though I am NOT heading off that quick!

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I think mine is more likely to be a 3 week taper - I have two more 20s scheduled which would be the 6th and the 20th April  - I do agree though that during a taper I do look at what I am doing and have done and wonder if I have doen enough, could have done more - realistically - I've done nearly a year for this so I don't think given age, fitness level and time available that I could have done more -

At the end of the day having done 5 times 20 (19.43, 20.09, 21, 21 and 22) so far I have already done more than a lot of people preparing for a marathon. I could probably get away without a taper to be honest given my goal to finish - but I will taper and go knowing I have done enough.  Will I do 20 miles again after the marathon, I may do 1 a month with a 15 and other stuff just shorter.

Hopefully the appointment comes thorugh quick.

• Grendel - I think my first marathon was done on the back of reaching 20 miles once! Although my goal was just to get round in just under 5 hours. 3 weeks is a good taper after the miles you have been putting in! You will smash it! Just set off nice and easy like its just another training run then slowly dial it up image

Rest just as hard as you have trained and you should be good to go, you will be like a race horse ready to kick down the pen! Over the last week turn your focus to good quality food, up your water consumption a little and try and eat water dense food. Also cut back on caffeine over the last week to help you get some good quality sleep and it also means any you have on race day will feel like a massive boost image  

• Grendel you have done loads, I have so far only reached 17miles due to injuries, illness and other plans, and I have Brighton next week image, so I def don't feel like I have done enough, but I have no time aim, I just want to get round. Once I know how I feel in a marathon, and what's the slowest I get round in, I will aim higher for my next one!

• I am struggling to upload the picture from my iPad,give me a bit of time and hopefully I can get it on...but if you want me to confirm for def my running number was 5090 If ppl want to check?

• Lol Noodles !!

No one is saying you didn't do it mate !!!image, just that people have been putting pics of their medals up that all