Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I'll start slowly and carry on slowly!!!!

Super Noodles - no need to prove your time

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Nice 5k Beachball, sub 30 is great and a real confidence booster! I’m having a faster run tomorrow and the temptation to run a 5k is growing.

Good to see you getting some quality mileage in 330, hope you sort your watch, I ,love my Garmin but they ain’t cheap! I bought a pair of Hilly merino wool socks about 6 years ago. They were expensive (to me) at £8 but they are fantastic. Brilliant in winter, still comfy in summer. Never ever had a blister wearing them either. They still look like new.

Grendel, fair play to you, you really have put the miles in and I don’t doubt you could sleep anywhere, anytime at the moment. At least you can enjoy the taper, knowing you have prepared extremely well. You must be feeling as confident as you could wish for at the moment?

B2B, hope you get yourself sorted mate. Peace of mind once you know what the issues are may prove as effective as any training run. As you have said before, the biggest battle is in the mind so if you get to that start line I’m sure you’ll do us all proud.

I’m sure you’ll be fine Lisa, I did the Grizzly on the back of two 12 milers, I had no time pressure due to the nature of the beast and simply getting round a long distance event for the first time was enough of a buzz. Next time, knowing what to expect, I will prepare a little more and have a better idea of how much more my body is actually able to give.

Noodles, no worries mate, no-one doubts your achievement, we just like seeing bling. It gives the rest of us motivation when someone completes a race or shows off a medal.

I was up at 5am this morning, got straight back into bed, shut my eyes and….got straight back up again. Ran for a couple of mile in near darkness although the headtorch at last wasn’t needed. Twenty minutes in and I was running in glorious, peaceful daylight. Really glad I made the effort and 5.58 miles done.

March – 69.42 

2014 – 214.16

• looks like physio will be tuesday lunchtime. image

telephone conversation;

physio - bring your shorts and trainers as it could be them

me - ha ha ha ha ah this is where we might butt heads!

physio - oh, are you a barefoot runner?

me - yeah you could say that! I run in sandals, im an ultra marathon runner

physio - .............OK..............just bring those along and ill have a look

ha ha ha ha ha ha there was more to the conversation but this was the gist of it ha ha ha ha ha ha!

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Good luck B2B 

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

My first I did 1 18 image *blush* it was a struggle but I got around image

only been over 20 twice in training, and trimmed an hour off and managed a 50m ultra,  lots to be said for quality over quantity... Except mine is lacking in both image 

• I understand ppl, wasn't being funny and I will try and get my wife to help me as she also completed it, 8mnths after giving birth to our lst son. Was so proud to see her cross the line in a respectable 2.55.

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

5.37 miles this morning including a steady 5k in the middle of a nice gentle warm up/down. Not sure what the garmin is up to at the moment, my gentle warm down was recorded at 8:24 pace? The steady 5k was around 9:30 and I definitely didn't speed up at the end?

March – 74.79

2014 – 219.53

• Good Luck for Brighton Lisa

Grendel enjoy your taper you have earned it

JR well done for not staying in bed, I still can't get my butt out of bed to run in the mornings

Well I was going for a run this afternoon, but got invited out to lunch with B2B so I confess scrummy Polo Melanaise won hands down image but toda I have signed up for the 5x50 challenge which starts on Sunday 5k everyday for 50 days........gulp you are allowed to cross train 5k instead of run or do 30 mins of an exercise class also counts, so I think my mileage for April will be pretty good

Happy Running Everyone

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Blimey Ms, that's some challenge!!!!!! I have only ever managed two consecutive days......and you're tackling 50????? GOOD LUCK image

• B2B - she your mum she takes after you !!!!!

Seriously good luck Ms !!!!!

• Wow MS that's cool, good luck!

• Lisa can you put up the link to your just giving page again?

• That is some challenge Ms, good luck.

Also good luck this weekend Lisa.

It will be a well earned taper when it arrives Grendel.

Can imagine how bizarre that telephone conversation must have been B2b. Hopefully he will sort the problem out in no time.

Good running JR, never been an early riser myself but love the idea of it.

Nice slow 4.2 miles again today. Was very warm too, need to dig the shorts out I think. Looks like all is set fair for the weekend weather too. So good luck to everyone who is out running.

I'm off til Monday, Palace away for football tomorrow and then taking Mrs beachball to the coast Sunday for Mother's Day.

Have a great weekend allimage

Mar - 37.5

2014 - 81.6

• Morning all

7.4 for me this AM - not as early as usual as I had to pick daughter up but straight in gear on and out - before I got comfortable !!

2014 - 238.62

March - 64.36 - past last months total which was my aim but still a poor month

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Keep on plugging on 330. No run for me today. I was expecting the kids football to be cancelled which would have made some free time for running but we played.....won 16-1.....and spent the rest of the day visiting mums before tomorrow as it's the wifes turn to be spoilt. It may be a non running weekend...

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

A beautiful morning, what started out as a slow lethargic 10 mile run turned into a 16 mile slow lethargic run - Started out at 4:30 old money, still dark and watched as the sun slowly made it's way over the horizon as the temperature started to climb - could have done with a drink, could have done with stopping but kept plugging away - could now do with a long hot shower, what a pity we still don't have one!!!  Happy Days!!!!

• Thanks guys, I am looking forward to the challenge, I know it's going to be tough some days but at least cross training counts so it wont be all running -  Day 1 done 3.05 miles it was really warm out this morning and I was very overdressed, the world is not ready for me in shorts but I will have to get the capri leggings outimage Big thankyou to B2B for making my mothers day really special.

Grendel I really hope your plumbing problems are sorted out soon, can't imagine what I would of done without my shower

Nice running everyone

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Still no shower - hopefully tomorrow -  slow and thorough is the order of the day for out plumber!!!

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Fantastic effort at that time of day Grendel, you won't want to get out of that shower when it's fixed.

I thought it was 5k running for 50 days Ms, now I have to admit I thought you'd lost the plot when you posted the challenge first of all image Cross training counts eh? So if I cycle to work every day and run Saturday and Sunday each week (plus my other runs) then I could do the 5k for 50 days? Is there a website for this or is it just a challenge you spotted somewhere or heard of? Mind if I join you? The only day I really miss out on is Saturday and it will be an effort as it's always a busy day for me but i'm up for it I reckon.

Did manage a short run this morning, 3.54 pedestrian miles. Alarm set for the morning...

March – 78.33

2014 – 223.07

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Planned rest day binned - Mrs Grendel chose last night to remember she had been given a lift home from work Friday and I needed to run down and get her bike for her this morning so she could cycle to work!!!   Felt OK after yesterdays endeavours so did a sloooooow  6 miles to the caravan park and rode back. 

• you guys are all running so well!! well done, keep it up!

Forcing myself to stay on the "injury" bench at the moment until I see the physio tomorrow then its time to start on the acupuncture!

got a whole heap of pain to come next month, might as well get practicing! image 

• JR you are more than welcome to join in think you have to sign up by Tuesday latest a fiver donation and its up to you if you want to raise any more donations, I am just doing it for the challenge as I am already fund raising for the Race for Life in July and can't hit on the same people over and over image

http://5x50.org 

Grendel glad to see Mrs Grendel is helping to keep you fit image That shower is going to feel soooooooo good

No running for me today but to complete my Day 2 of 5x50 I let Mr.MS have the car today and I have walked to work and will walk home again which is more than enough to count as todays 30 mins or 5k

B2B good luck with the physio tomorrow

• Another 4.2 slow, enjoyable, miles along the forest trails.

Which concludes another month already. Soon be Christmas!!! image

Broke 40 miles for March and i'm in front on my yearly challenge for the first time..

Happy days.

Mar - 41.6

2014 - 85.8

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Ms, signed up as Team JR, donated and logged yesterdays run. I'm off out for a run later although i've already cycled 7.4 miles today. image

Great excuse for another run Grendel 

Good luck B2B, you'll be back before you know it!

lol Beachball, not the C word!!! 

Lisa, donated for Brighton, good luck

Be back to update miles later, happy running all

• 330 its http://www.justgiving.com/LAFBrighton2014 Thanks

Thanks JR and everyone else who's already sponsored!

Well done on your long run Grendel, good luck with getting a shower soon!

A good start to your challenge MS!

B2b good luck with the physio!

Well done Beachball for a better month!

I managed to get out for 4miles on Saturday, having not run all week due to a cold making me feel too lethargic. Busy on Mothers Day, so went out for my last long run before Brighton tonight. Soooo couldn't be bothered before I left the house so made sure I left sharpish after getting in from work. Managed to run 9.36miles. Happy with that. One more shorter run to do on Wed, then usual swim on Thurs, then Brighton imageimageimageimageimage

• Brighton this Sunday ?

Is it on TV, if so whats your number

• Yep. Not sure, i'll ask on twitter. My number is 4292, green (the slowest colour lol)

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

You are going to enjoy it Lisa - don't suppose it is on telly but will be looking forward to the report and my money is still on you to run a faster time than I do!!!!

We have a shower - and it is worth the wait, he has done a really good job!!!!

7 miles this morning and then a SHOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy days indeed.

• Well done JR hope you enjoy the challenge I am on the NHS C25K 2014 team I think there is about 84 of us

Lisa I am sooo excited for you for Sunday, wish it was on the TV would be lovely to watch you. Enjoy every minute if you can and I am looking forward to reading the report

Grendel.......What can I say............You smell lovely image glad the shower was worth the wait