Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Well done BB nice running,

Needed to go out tonight to weigh in at fat club but Mr.MS had the car to take the dog to the vets, now normally I would of skipped going but thanks to the 5x50 I chucked on the Luna's ran to B2B's house (about a mile away all downhill) he was ready to walk with me to fat club.......but I talked him into some shorts and t-shirt.........just in case he felt like stretching his legs image and off we went for just over a couple of miles of gentle run/walk there and back, dropped him off home then ran back up the hill home 4.25 happy unexpected miles.

If you ask B2B nicely he might show you what I brought for him to wear tonightimage

2014 - 104.05

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Link not working B2B

Well another 7 miles crossed off the list,  to say I am tired at the moment is an understatement - but can start to cut back after Easter. 

• can you see the picture now Grendel?

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    Nice to hear you're on the mend MS, what a great gift for B2B! I am enrolling my kids for park run this week so that's Saturday's 5k sorted. Monday to Friday is easy for me on the 5 x 50 challenge as even if i don't run I cycle 12k going to work and back. Saturdays are going to be the challenge!

Beachball, nice 5k there. Distance will come in time but you must slow down for your longer run. Brilliant result last night!!! Bring on the semis.

Grendel, youre entitled to be tired. You've really put it in over the last few months. You'll have earned that taper. Keep it going. image

Good to see you got out B2B.....good luck with your co.tinued recovery.

Well, I've had two days rest, have to admit my knee was aching a vit after sunday but feel refreshed now so back out tonight. Have already entered my next event too, the Haldon Heartbeat on the 26 April. 8 1/2 mile trail run through Haldon forest and the Devon countryside. :??12...another great value race. Will catch up again later after my run.
  • Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    I can see the pic B2B
  • Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    ...and we have passed 6,000 posts!
  • Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Can see it B2B -

SOunds another good race JR - Wish my son would show an interest in running

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    My youngest son took part in the Wilcome Wobbler recently, a cross country run for local schools. All three of.my younger children have done it now, representing their school. None of them were that bothered with running before or after but did enjoy it at the time. I have finally convinced them to come along to park run and hopefully seeing their names and times online afterwards may inspire them to go again. They all enjoy sprinting, as did i when i was younger and they are all very quick over shorter distances. They often race each other along the beach. Fingers crossed, park run will be something we can do as a family when we have a free saturday morning.
  • Glad the foot's feeling better MS and your 50 is going well.

Beachball great fast run! You'll get the distance in time, it's taken me years.

Lol B2b!! Possibly the only acceptable socks with sandals!!

Grendel don't knacker yourself out too much!

JR you have great opportunities for mucky/country races where you are! Lucky!

I too got excited and booked up....for Brighton again next year!! image Mad or true runner?image

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Thanks Lisa, one more week, one more long run then 3 weeks taper

• Morning all

Some any posts since last time but well done all great running and enthusiasm all round. Well done Lisa on Brighton - and no your not mad - why should you be you love running nothing wrong with that !!

My last run was Saturday - went out and it was tough from the off and to be honest never enjoyed it at all - went through the motions of 7.4 untimed miles and I was on auto pilot. The stress of whats happening at work - and selling (or not in this case) of our house has got to me, we have to be near Mrs  3:30s mum and there is one house we are counting on - if it sells before we do the wife will be devestated

I made a pledge with JR and Lisa to do 100 miles this month so will give it a go and be out tonight I hope - I haven't been able to face it since Saturday and only on 19 so far !!! Really looking forward to Sunday and the VLM though - go Mo !!

Sorry not been around put been reading all posts

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Sometimes life gets in the way 330 - thats a fact, so any running at all is better than no running.

For me, after no pay rise last year, was told yesterday 2.5% cost of living rise and a £250 bonus (before tax) Would have been OK with that if I hadn't subsequently found out that one of my colleagues had been given a £1,000 rise (she deserved more) and one had got a £3,000 rise - this is after she threw her toys out of the pram last year and had work taken off her because she couldn't cope - still says she is busy - (of course she is Facebook doesn't check itself!!!)

Was very angry at the end of it all but can't say anything as I shouldn't be party to that information.   As a result had a crap night with very little sleep and finally gave up this morning and set out just after 4. Mr Garmin went dead on me just after 6 miles so I turned round and headed home. I got back to Clacton at 6 o'clock ( I know it was 6 as there was a couple who walk their dogs at that time) I got home just after 6:20 - so am going to call it about 14 based on where I was when the Garmin battery went flat - and the extra little bit I did at 6 o'clock

Happy days.

• Grendel - It does and I should learn to push my troubles aside but I am a born worrier. Once this house is sold and my mortgage is finally paid off (as it will be, not taking another one after this) I will be happier as at least whatever happens at work my house is paid for

Yes - it must be frustrating knowing about your colleagues but cant say as you should be aware of it. What do you do by the way ?

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I work for a financial advisor - spend my days researching and writing reports about how the richer people can make even more money!!!!! image

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Don't get me started on pay rates image My employer has possibly the worst example of a pay structure ever seen. 

Very easy 10k last night although I did almost turn it into a fartlek session as I simply couldn't resist striding out every now and again. Easy run planned for Friday, park run Saturday (with the kids so not sure how much of it will be ran) and a longer effort Sunday before The Mo Show image I've a feeling he'll live up to the hype surrounding him on his debut.

April - 24.63

2014 - 247.7

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I would love to see him win, but to see a Brit go under 2:08 would be pretty good -

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Yes Grendel, the British record would be a great start. image Four of the fastest ten men ever over 26.2 miles are in opposition and that will guarantee him the pace he'll need and he may be able to get tucked in ready to pounce. His legendary trainer will have him spot on for this you would think.  

Just registered the wife and kids for Park Run Saturday, will get their barcodes laminated at work tomorrow. Even changed the time of our family bowling trip Sunday to make sure I have time for my long run followed by watching Mo run over twice as far in around the same time. 

• I'm excited to watch the London marathon. Also, 7am Channel 4 on Saturday is the Brighton marathon highlights if anyone's interested? I know I was there but I'm still gonna watch it with pride image

First recovery run since Sunday done tonight, 10km round the Cyclopark in Gravesend. A few niggles but generally not too bad considering.

• Cheers Lisa I will be watching - or recording hope to be out myself at that time

• Lisa - is that cyclopark the one the guys were saying does a marathon - 17 laps or something ?

• Lisa - is that cyclopark the one the guys were saying does a marathon - 17 laps or something ?

• Yeah its where the Kent Roadrunner Marathon is. But I think 4 laps for a 10k is mentally enough for me!

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

5.28 miles done this afternoon with the wife. The kids came along too, cycling alongside us on the tow path. There were a few stops, and as I had to keep catching up it turned into more of an interval run. image

April - 29.91

2014 - 252.98

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

13 days of the 5 x 50 challenge complete. 177.75km covered so far image

• Well done JR - nearly a 1/3 of the way there nowimage

Looking forward to an early morning run tomorrow and a watch of Mo on Sunday.
  • Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Decided not to run today and have an unscheduled rest and recovery day -  so turned the alarm off, turned my next alar off and 7.36 miles later I returned home to make breakfast, go to Tesco and then allow myself to be nagged into going into Game to exchange yet more games -  12 tomorrow and then sitting down to try and stay awake to be inspired. 

Its the FA cup semi final today - the tea I have supported since I was 9 are playing (when I first started watching Arsenal they hadn't won a trphy for 17 years!!) and do you know what I don't care - Mo and Chris Thompson) are  the highlight of the weekend)

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Killerton Park Run done this morning. Very proud of my three youngest children who all completed the course in fastastic times with smiles on their faces and now have their eyes on the junior 10 park run t-shirt image

April - 33.01

2014 - 256.08

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Big chance for Arsenal to win a trophy Grendel. Enjoy the game. We are off to watch some Zebra film in 3d as the wife has won a family ticket. Should be back in time for the footy and a curry. Up early tomorrow for 10/12, watch Mo and then off to bowling after lunch. 

Have a great weekend everyone