Boddington Marathon

13»

Comments

• Jase!

I am so sorry you had to pull out. I really felt for you yesterday when you informed me you were attempting a 50k in that blistering heat: minus socks. I think you were extraordinarily brave to even begin it. By the end of the 10k I knew I could not take any more, particularly after the Cotswold Way relay the afternoon before!

I do hope the garments were not too rancid by the time you came to put them on.

Thank you so much for the kind offer of some socks! That is very nice of you. My e-mail address is n.spice@btinternet.com.

I really hope your next ultra is more successful Jase... was good meeting you.

Take care,

Nick

• Well that was a baptism of fire for my first marathon!  Wanted a sub 3;10 for GFA for VLM and set out running with a great Welsh guy at a comfortable 7.06 pace.  The conversation made the laps fly by and I felt good.  Not sure what happened to the Welsh chap, but guessed he pulled out too.  Felt fine til 24 miles and leg cramps struck.  Stoppped several times to stretch and big thank you to the female runner who gave me a salt tablet.  May not have finished without it.  Managed to hobble on again to the finish in 3.11 and 2nd place!  Not sure if it was worth the £30 Argos voucher though!! Still found out today that 3.15 is good enough for me as I will be 41 next April!!!
  • well congrats gary...I'm pleased for you a great achievement in the conditions we all faced.

I had a lady standing under the tree on the corner just before the start line hand me a bottle of water as I looked obviously dead! I caught her on the next lap to replace the bottle for her partner only to find him retiring as well I think? If he's on here - thank you both...

I'm off to look at stats I think.

Wonder how many finished? 

Wonder how many DNF?

Wonder when I'll move on....!?image

• Hi Nick,

thanks again - I must have come across like an oddball  - but typical of many runners you helped out a lot.

I've emailed you for your address and expect a fresh pair in the post.

Jason