Options

Swim floats

MelbowMelbow ✭✭✭
Iv just registered with the My Swim Fit website. My swimming is very average so thought the swim drills would be useful. The 3rd session(of 100)advises using a pull buoy/float to work the arms. Does anyone else ever use these or find them useful? I hardly budge using a float in front,using just legs, im worried i'll sink using just arms.

Comments

• Options
    If you hardly move using just your legs then it must be your arms that are working so you should be ok with the drills for arms

If you dont move when using legs and a float then these are the drills I would concentrate on  image
  • Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Pop over to the tri forum and look out the cr@p swimmers R us thread - you'll get lots of help there.

I use floats and other aids - they are really good.

You will not sink just using your arms. It will make you focus more on what your legs and abs are doing. It will help your core strength.

If you are not getting anywhere just using your legs then you have either poor technique or are not kicking hard enough. (I have poor breast stroke technique corkscrew kick but still manage to move through the water) Maybe check out some videos on youtube to help or have a few swimming lessons. It will come in time so don't worry, thats what the drills are for.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=4&UTN=44061&last=1&V=7&SP=

• Options
    MelbowMelbow ✭✭✭
    thanks, will keep trying the leg drills before i try to move on.I can do breast stroke for ever, like most people but only manage 2 lengths doing crawl. i will certainly check out technique, the cr@p swimmers link sounds spot on