Cheshire Traithlon, May 22nd

Comments

• Will be there next week and this week after that there are going to be lots of jobs to do for the summer so can't say 100% that will be free. Steve whose popped on here should be going and also tother half as well.

The folks who hire out the wetsuits might be able to flog you a cheap one as well but that probably won't happen till after the session is over.

Oh and don't worry about being a Zombie I can aim for th head if you are. imageimage

• The way I am right now, I probably wouldnt notice a gaping hole in my head, actually there's been one there for years, I think it's where my brain is meant to be!! image

At the risk of sounding really ungrateful, (I do really appreciate you helping me out) I am gonna have to decline the open water swim this week. I am really tired and still have four more shifts to do, five if you include tonight. I have hardly seen my family and when I have I haven't exactly been in the best mood, I'm a complete pain in the ar$e when I'm tired. So I'm gonna take it easy on Saturday and plan to get to Salford on 18th June (I'm working next Sat, again!!!) no worries if you can't make it, I can always hire one on the day and then I'll get hold of one by hook or by crook for Trentham if I don't see you in the meantime.

I realise that you're doing me a favour and the least I can do is come and get it off you, normally it would be no problem but this week is a really crap week for me in work. imageimage next week isn't much better either!!

• No worries and not ungratefull at all matey at the end of the day we are basically press ganging you at the moment. Plus you’ve said a few times you can’t probably make it this week and tried to drag you down anyway. image I’m afraid I can’t make it tonight anyway because of chuffing work.image  Sarah might be there through.

The wet suit I can pass on to manc pirates if can't meet up direct depending on the next few weeks.
  • I could always help out with wet suit shuffling (that sounds so wrong... imageimage )
  • image FRODO WHAT WOULD YOUR TOTHER HALF SAY? image

Afraid this means Can't help with the bike problem tonight by the way sorry. image

• Not to worry - am slinking off to Royles, looking sheepish, later today imageimage
  • image  If it helps I got new types for the green goblin the other day and spent hours last night trying to get them on the bike. I finally gave up in disgust at about 1.30am as I couldn’t get the dam think on right. Know they are the right size just stupidity on my part. I’m hoping I have better luck tonight. Oh message booky she’s just had some very good news. image
  • Seen it on FB and on the Mundane Thread image clever lady, your missus image
  • Yes Frodo, it might be really helpful if you could help out with the, er, wetsuit shuffling. As long as no one is wearing it at the time then it should be ok! image
  • You guys come up with a plan, and I'll shout if I can help image
    In other news, the bike/tyre pressure issue is resolved and it wasn't due to me being a complete numpty for once image
    So now there is nothing stopping me going for a ride...
  • Frodo you know what you need to do then. image Right this weekend I’m working like a nutter but will yet again try to head for open water next Wednesday. I need the training and Bookworm really needs to get some practice in before this years outlaw. So will work on the assumption that going next Wednesday. If for any reason I can’t make it will pass on the suit to Stu who’s on other threads to take and hopefully pass on to Al or Frodo. If all else fails I could post it?
  • I did indeed, Dave - I was all wide-eyed and overwhelmed like a kid in a sweet shop image
    The boy (who must only have been 12, honest! image ) who helped me was ace and didn't make me feel like a complete muppet.
    Seriously, they said there was no point taking it in as it is near immaculate and looks barely used .
    *beams*
  • I can spend all Saturday in there !!

The funniest was when they had built my new bike last year, Graham did a bike fit on a turbo trainer in the middle of the shop... 2pm on Saturday.. I felt a right prat pedalling away in the shop surrounded by people !

• My little helper took mine out for a test ride around the car park. He was over 6ft - I am not; it was like watching one of those circus clowns riding a mini-tricycle image
  • I am sure we can sort something out Cake but I will obviously reimburse your costs should it need to be posted. Where does Stu live?

Well done Frodo, on what sounds like a great buy image
    Now you need to actually start pedalling it!!!
  • Sshh, we'll have less of that crazy talk about riding, Al image
    I'm fairly sure I could put in an appearance next Wed (and return your tri book, Cake) if needed. Could then sort a handover at your convenience later in the week, Al image
  • Big Al 123 wrote (see)
    I am sure we can sort something out Cake but I will obviously reimburse your costs should it need to be posted. Where does Stu live? Well done Frodo, on what sounds like a great buy image Now you need to actually start pedalling it!!!

Al if it comes to that err I won't be charges shall we say.image

Frodo sounds like a plan.

• Went along to my local pool today to join in the Tri club session and have to say I came away somewhat dissapointed image  I'm still full of cold and a bit run down but managed to haul myself out as I don't get many free Saturday mornings so thought I should make the effort.

The session itself gave me a good workout but the "Coach" could have been my Mum for all the help he was! I anounced myself as a first timer to him, he took my cash and pointed me in the right direction of the slow lane and that was pretty much all I got from him as he spent the entire lesson with the juniors.I had gone in the hope of some coaching from a qualified Tri coach!!

Thankfully it wasn't all bad as some of the club members gave me some pointers and told me what each drill was and I managed to finish the session without any problems. I was also informed of an open water venue which is less than 10 miles from my house.

I will probably go to the sessions when I can as it helped to push me but for the time being I will have to rely on self teaching and pointers from other swimmers to improve my stroke as the coach didn't leave me with the greatest first impression, actually I think he's a c@£k for the way he treated a newcomer! imageimageimage

• Dude a few of us have found the same from some folks in tri they can be very clicky bunch. Its part of way the whole pirate thing is the way it is. I’d get in contract with steve Ho or Dave and see if they know anyone else you can go to. There is a coach down south in Warwickshire uni who ran a day session a few months back who was brilliant I met him at Stratford tri last month and he said he was going to run another one in the summer if he does it’s worth the travel and I’ll stick the details on here. ((((big hug))))
  • Cake wrote (see)
     ((((big hug))))

Cheers Cake, I needed that image 

Like I said, it wasn't all bad as the people in my lane were really friendly and helpful. I just didn't think much of the coach. I think manners and courtesy go a long way in this life and you would think that someone who is self employed would be even more approachable and willing to offer help but obviously not!

It may be that he alterantes his attention from lesson to lesson and that it just happened to be the turn of the juniors but I doubt it and if it was the case then I think he should have explained that to me. Suppose I'll find out in future "lessons", although I am a bit reluctant to give him my money now but the way I see it is that as long as I'm getting something from the session be it from other triathletes or the coach then it's a worthwhile session. Some pointers from a qulified coach would be nice though. image

Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Where abouts are you Al ?

St Helens Dave but willing to travel now and again as long as it's not too far.

• I've heard some OK things about Warrington Tri, But don't know anyone there

Chester is a bit far on a regular basis, Saturday I dropped in to pick up some kit, and we had 2 coaches working with 15 people....

• Yeah, I looked up Warrington Tri after I left the pool disillusioned on Saturday. Might be worth giving them a look at. Chester is a bit far for a regular thing, sounds like a much better club though.

To be honest I can't really commit the time to a club every week due to shift patterns and family time so I only want a few pointers on my merry way and I'll attend as frequently as my life permits.
  • and Royles do 1 to 1 coaching in the endless pool they have in Wilmslow
  • Thanks Dave, any idea on pricing for one to one coaching?
  • So Cake and Frodo, did you manage to exchange the wetsuit?