Cheshire Traithlon, May 22nd

Comments

• From the comments so far, it appears INFAMOUS would be more applicable! image
  • Just had a look at the mag, I take it LB that you're the one at the top of the pink page. Nice to put a face to a name. Why are you concerned anyway? Most people would secretly or overtly love to be featured in a magazine. Ok it ain't GQ or Rolling Stone, but what the hey!
    By the way, did anyone else enjoy the beef jerky? First time I'd tasted it and thought I'd give it a go cos I couldn't face any more sweet tasting food after downing energy gels on the course. Nice change from other goody bag inclusions.
  • LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    JPenno wrote (see)
    Big Al - in the goody bag yesterday there was a mag from Run Liverpool if you look in there you will find an article about LB  image
    You snitch! image
    Sorry - I should have asked first before putting it on here as its got your real name in and you never know what sort of weirdo's there are out there
  • JPenno wrote (see)
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    JPenno wrote (see)
    Big Al - in the goody bag yesterday there was a mag from Run Liverpool if you look in there you will find an article about LB  image
    You snitch! image
    Sorry - I should have asked first before putting it on here as its got your real name in and you never know what sort of weirdo's there are out there

Holgs is the biggest weirdo I know and he knows my name JP! image

S'alright....image

• Not had the beef jerky yet. I will probably give it a go though. I thought it might be salty?

• LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

Not had the beef jerky yet. I will probably give it a go though. I thought it might be salty?

I thought Mr LB was in Londonimage
  • Are they putting scaffolding in then LB as it's all collapsing? Or are you just getting one of those new fangled designer vaginas, you know the ones that make you limp to the left image

I'm not weird, just misunderstood.

And I'm also no celeb, yes I get asked for my autograph BUT  I'm not as famous as Liverpools answer to Jordan.

• Wasn't that salty, just a little spicy. Oh, you were talking about the jerky, I mean the beef treat, oh I give up, far too many double entendres image

My aching legs are aching a little less today, just had a swim and a sauna which has helped.
  • Big Al 123 wrote (see)
     far too many double entendres image

LB likes doubles... Teehee

• HOLGS! You can't say "vagina" on here!imageimageimage

You're not allowed to even think about those things now you're a happily married man.image

5 mile recovery done. Spoke to a guy this morning who reckoned his brother did Liverpool half in 1.05.00! So he won then? image

Apparently he's also been shot in Afghanistan but there's no bullet hole....

Some people are so full of shit.image

• Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Big Al 123 wrote (see)
     far too many double entendres image

LB likes doubles... Teehee

Shall I just stand here with a sign on my back saying kick me? image
  • kicking eh ? bit of s&m as well ???   Teehee

I was really meaning doubles as in drinks, But as usual you inferred something different

and if you believe that, You really will believe LB is a teenage celibate nun, Holgs is a racing snake of a trathlete and I'm an old age pensioner with cardi and caravan

• Shot but no bullet hole? How does that work? Is his brother the Terminator? Probably explain his finishing time!
  • He's also probably climbed Everest in a string vest and walked on the moon. He's so easy to catch out but I enjoy his Walter Mitty stories!

• They only tease me because secretly they all love me.....image

Either that or they're all mightily glad they're married to someone else.image

• LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

They only tease me because secretly they all love me.....image

Either that or they're all mightily glad they're married to someone else.image

Must remember to get my specs changed.......................................

You forget I daren't even notice other wimmin, let alone look or I would wake up just as the scalpel went in as I received a designer vagina

• Really?! They seem to think they've got you pegged!
  • Quite right too Dave. You're already batting above your average with TLS and you know it! image
  • Think we're all in the same boat there Dave! You actually think you'd get to wake up tho?
  • I am a racing snake - just the shape of a python about 30 seconds after it's eaten a cow image

LB - I think you should wear that sign on Saturday.

• Big Al 123 wrote (see)
    Think we're all in the same boat there Dave! You actually think you'd get to wake up tho?

Yeah but my OH spends half her life with a scalpel in her hand stopping the people of Cheshire breeding.. (She a gynaecologist)

And just for once (make a note in your diary) LB is correct.. I am way way out of my league with TLS (my oh)

• At least she'd be precise with the scalpel. I think it would be more of a hack job in my case. (I'll stop now because I'm actually whincing at the thought) image
  • What a miserable day, still, managed to get out for a ride (10miles @ 18mph then a 2 mile run @ 7 min/mile ) although I nearly didn't make it to my run as some w!£&$€r in an Audi a4 nearly took me out from behind as I turned into my road, luckily I'd spotted him speeding up to me and managed to move to avoid him.
    At the closest point you couldn't gave got a rizzla between my wheel and his bumper, I turned around to see a face looking at me like I was in the wrong!!!!!
    I'm sorry but didn't you see my BRIGHT YELLOW FLUORESCENT JACKET ARM being held out for ages before I was about to turn?!!!
  • Just woke up from my Winter hibernation. So, how long have I got, 5 weeks ? I've actually just come back in from doing a route measuring session, using a Garmin 305 and a Fiat Punto. As expected, the cycle course is a little long (12.87 miles). Road surface a little worse for wear than last year, but tolerable. There are some temp traffic lights along the big dip, just before the hospital. The have been edging their way down the road for the past couple of months. Not sure if they'll be gone before race day. They've also started to install a pedestrian controlled crossing, about 500m before the end of the cycle route. Not sure if this will be commissioned before race day, but could cause a problem for those racing later in the morning / afternoon. Either way, it will be an issue for the North West triathlon in September...

As for moi. Swimming, no improvement. Biking slower. Running slower. I have the full deck of opportunities. image)

• Parkbench, this is my first time at nantwich and first triathlon so no past experience.

Got out last week to ride the course to familiarise myself and see what sort of time I could expect. Noticed the temp traffic lights and am hoping that they'll be gone come race day as they could cause some problems, especially if they've moved onto the rise of the hill (loss of momentum here is not a good thing) 

Rode the course in about 40 mins but wasn't really pushing so I reckon I can shave a couple of minutes off that at least (hopefully anyway) it was quite windy on the second half of the course too, is it renowned for windy spots or was I just unlucky that day?

Also is the run section around the field of the Barony park sports centre?

• Big Al 123 wrote (see)

Also is the run section around the field of the Barony park sports centre?

Yes

There is a map on the event website

• Gotcha, so they just mark the field out with barriers or tape and you follow the route. Seems straightfoward enough, very flat too (perfect unless it's wet).
  • I've done this before. I usually register on the Saturday afternoon. Turn up on the day, about an hour and half before race time. Park on the field (£3). Put stuff for run in T2 about. Walk / Ride to the pool. Put stuff & bike in T1 (T1 is only small, so you can only rack your bike 15-20 mins before your race time). Line up by pool. Get called to enter pool. Countdown & start. Do lengths. Run out to T1 (this always seems tough. You have to convince yourself it's a feeling rather than fatigue). Change as required. Put your stuff in bag provided (this is taken to the finish for you for collection). Do the ride. Run into T2 with bike. Rack and change. Run laps. Say 'never again'. Start training for next one.