VLM 2011 Support Group 8

12345679»

Comments

• Will look out for you Geves.  Hope your friend has a great day image

KKNN see you all tomorrow ... some earlier than others image

• Good luck to all you lovely runners!! See you at mile 17image)
  • Saw our runners through. Well done to them all!!!
  • ST: Your crew and yourself are little angels. MWAH
  • Although I'm G4oper, as promised I called on by... and did!  Thank you all so much!image  ST - I want a copy of THAT photo (Please!).
  • Sweetest Thing wrote (see)
    Saw our runners through. Well done to them all!!!
    Well done to you and Foxy Lady too for being there.   xXx
  • Thank  you all for being there to support. Hope your not too sunburned and hoarse.

A great day although too hot for me,. Really suffered second half but very pleased to have finished.

ST.Hope the hugh I received wasn't too sweaty for you.

• Great to see everyone and a fab day. Thanks folks!!
  • Cornish Digger, it was an honour to hug your sweaty runner's body image

Well done to ALL runners yesterday - to get round in that heat was very impressive!! The atmosphere was just amazing and it's what the Forum does best - forget about any squabbles that happen during the year, on VLM day the forum comes together brilliantly!!

• Thank you for the bag of Jelly Babies.  I was running with Pinks (Hash) image
  • Many thanks for my Stronbow.  It kept me going nicely and banished the back pain - which is more than the Ibrufen did!  A few miles after I'd finished it a bystander jokingly offerred me a can of Carlsberg - not so jokingly I took itimage.  In the end I only finished 10 minutes after my previous time when I had 'run' most of the wayimage.

Next year I hope to be with the supporters.

• Bear B.Hind wrote (see)
     A few miles after I'd finished it a bystander jokingly offerred me a can of Carlsberg - not so jokingly I took itimage

I'm not a beer or a cider drinker, but if someone had offered me one between 24 and 26 miles yesterday i would have ripped their arm off   image

• JohnFolJohnFol ✭✭✭

Big thanks to you all for being there at mile 17. I didn't spot the stand, the ballons or anything but amazingly found myself stopped / collapsed / slumped within arms reach of Foxy.

Big applogies to whoever was there with Foxy. I did appreciate the comments about Nell McAndrew but I hardly recognised Foxy and didn't have it within me to make polite conversation. I can however give you a good description of the kerb and how the barriers were tied together where I sat for a few minutes! So a belated "hello" and thank you!

BTW Did I win the "buns" competition?

LWJ I know exactly what you mean. Too many spectators with cold beer en-route. I did get a cup full towards the end and, although not cold, it perked me up for a few more minutes.

BTW I think I have the worst finishing video clip. I was advised that I should look up to the gantry as I cross the line, stick my arms victoriously, revealing my number and my elation. I didn't know that 10m behind the finishing gantry was another gantry. Imagine a really, really bad version of the Village People doing a dyslexic YMCA and you'll get the idea.

• Johnfol - I was the person with Foxy who spoke about Nell McAndrew image Glad you made it to the end and no need to apologise - it was a tough day for running and you weren't in the best place when you got to Mile 17 - although in fact you were in the best place as Foxy was looking after you image

• JohnFolJohnFol ✭✭✭
    When I got to the end, she had left!!  She's definitely off the xmas card list
  • John get your nerf gun and come round to play- perfect recovery activity. I am of course unable to comment re the buns for reasons of propriety!! But Once again delighted by you completing your first ( and I hope last) marathon!!
  • Can't believe I completely missed the RW forumites! I'd forgotten to look out for you, didn't really know where you'd be and found the whole Isle of Dogs/Canary Wharf confusing, it seemed to go on forever with twists and turns! Sorry guys, hope I didn't just ignore you shouting at me! My buddy was starting to suffer by then so we had slowed down and I guess I was concentrating on him.
  • Wow, what an amazing day! I really enjoyed the race. Thank you all for the brilliant support and encouragement, it was really appreciated.
  • I finished London with a time of 5.08.    Ok, so i'm no Speed Queen, but i'm no Spring Chicken either.  Everyone who knows me knows that was a really good time for me.    I put it down to the support on the course.  When i got to 14 miles i started to get tired and have negative thoughts, but then all of a sudden it came to me that i ONLY had to do another 3 miles to get a cuddle, i went for it...... my attitude changed completely.........  

Thank you Sweetest Thing and Foxy Lady for giving up your day to be there.  It was only my second marathon, but  it did make me realise how important support is...... xXx image