I HATE MY SHOES!

Ok, so after declaring my ultimate love for Lunaracers, I've come to hate them.

I've had two pairs of the originals and two pairs of the 2nd generation (currently on 2nd pair now) but I actually HATE them.

I don't like their flatness anymore, it's starting to pee me off.

I also don't like how they're bigger than the originals (A 6.5 in the originals fits like a glove but 6.5 in 2nd generation too much room in the toebox) and they feel slightly heavier. In fact, I've also read they're slightly heavier too.

I'm tempted to go back to Pegasus.... I got on well with them. Not going back to Glides because they became clumpy and cumbersome.

Does anyone here who wears Lunaracers currently have anything they can suggest that's similar but not so iron-flat? i.e. maybe you have a few pairs on rotation that you could recommend?

I'm a natural mid to forefoot runner, light and prefer a supple, flexible but firm ride. I also supinate moderately.

I really like my Nike Zoom Victory but not sure I could get another pair of those easily as I think they were discontinued?

Starting to really affect my running i.e. it just doesn't feel 'right' anymore.

Thanks image

Comments

• I have the same running style as you and use Brooks Ghost & ST4 racers. Both great shoes. Give them a test out!!

i use the ST4 for racing, tempos and intervals and the Ghosts for all other runs.

• FFS D2D.........you have started 23 threads about your running shoes..................image

you say you loved your pegasus but according to your history only had the one pair..............before you came on the forums you wore reebok all the time .................

and you later said the pegasus were too clumpy

your nike vcitory gave you bleeding heels every time you wore them..........your lunarglides were then so good you would never go back to pegasus.

you have bought reeboks asics pegasus mizuno, nike victory, lunarglides, lunarlites. lunarracers 1 and 2 etc.........

maybe its not the shoes..........not sure why you keep on coming to the forums for advice on shoes.......it doesn't seem to be working......if I was you i would go and try another option for picking a shoe....maybe just putting a pin in a open book of shoes..............going to help as much as coming on here..........

before you buy another shoe..........why not go through all your old threads and remind yourself of wehat you have worn and what you thought of them

• Can someone pick my next pair of shoes for me? I'm a size 10 and currently wear mizuno wave inspire 6's.....or shall I start another few threads about how I love my shoes first?

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

My current shoes are the Mizuno wave inspire 6. I prefer the wave inspire 5. But mine are size 5.5, not 10. Therefore I believe I am fully qualified to suggest appropriate foot wear for another person.

Br1an, I would suggest a nice pair of Jimmy Choo patent leather pumps. I think they are particularly suited for feet.

• This forum would be a very dull place if all the threads had a valid point.

I just wish they would allow even more libellous remarks.
  • Thanks Sarah, I'll order a pair now! I'm sure the other half will be delighted when they come.....untill she tries them on and realises they are 5 sizes to big and Im going to use them for running!

• kittenkat wrote (see)

I can't even put into words why the people that don't like me, don't like you even more, but the fact that I'm agreeing with them... Well....

Start a thread that ISN'T about YOU...

Try ultruism.. ?

Kittenkat, I think you are being a tad bitchy.  It is true, you do not have to respond to ALL the forums.

Devoted2Distance has the right to raise a forum of her choice and running shoes is as good as any topic .image

• My shoes are blue. Thats all I can remember about them. Maybe you could try a pair of those ?
  • BeetleBeetle ✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)

I can't even put into words why the people that don't like me, don't like you even more, but the fact that I'm agreeing with them... Well....

Start a thread that ISN'T about YOU...

Try ultruism.. ?

Golly. It`s only a running forum. If D2D`s posts bother you - ignore them; or, jump to another thread. Surely we don`t have to start getting personal. Before we know it, we`ll be getting into Lets Run territory.image
  • skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    Devoted2Distance wrote (see)

....and prefer a supple, flexible but firm ride.

so do i.

• BeetleBeetle ✭✭✭
    skotty wrote (see)
    Devoted2Distance wrote (see)

....and prefer a supple, flexible but firm ride.

so do i.

• D2D - go to Sweatshop - there's on in the Xscape centre in Milton Keynes and talk to the very nice folk there.  They will help you, that's their job. 
  • You  have blue ones Cougie.... so do I... Mine are a size 6.5.

Sarah, I can't afford Jimmy Choo patent leather pumps, will a similar looking pair of much cheaper quality maybe from primark or something be suitable do you think?  Please note I'm currently wearing blue trainers in a size 6.5.

D2D, how nice to see you've started another thread about shoosees... I like shoosees... image  As very kindly pointed out by ANTB Sweatshop is probably your best bet as you have sooooo many problems with shoosees at least with Sweatshop if you think they're opinion is absolutely rubbish and you don't like the trainers they recommend you can always take them back within 14 days and exchange them for another pair*. 

*Please note you can only do this the once and if you exchange them for a cheaper pair you will not get a refund but will be expected to pay the difference if you excange for a more expensive pair.

• caz you forgot to add.

* other shops are availableimage

• I saw a runner in blue shoes once
  • Running Blackbird wrote (see)

Devoted2Distance has the right to raise a forum of her choice and running shoes is as good as any topic .image

Sweetcakes, with your 29 posts I don't think you've been around long enough to have an informed opinion...  with as many threads as you've had hot dinners about "me me me and my shoos, my injuries, me my shadow and I" I think she takes her fair share of forum space.
  • I know barefoot running....sorted...thread closed
  • are you all sure that it is the blue shoes.............i'm sure I had a pair of blue shoes once........they made me run so slow I thought I was going to stop!!!!!!!!imageimage

I would never wear blue shoes again..............they just aren't designed for proper runners...........

now a pair with a go faster strip is the type you need...........

• Flat Footed wrote (see)
    I know barefoot running....sorted...thread closed

D2D has done those threads as wellimage

already looked into it all.............

the emporers new shoes weren't available in her sizeimage

• Give up running and take up cycling??
  • FF, cycling? With cycling shoes? Opens several new cans of worms there - sizing, cleats, soles, fasteners and so on. For the good of the gear section, take it back!
  • skottyskotty ✭✭✭

not much point anyone commenting to any questions because D2D never takes any advice.

and especially about gear because possible suggestions are a bit limited when the only choice is Nike.

• The lunar 2's are big in the toe box. How about goin back to the original (rerelease). A good half way house is the lunar elite 2. Responsive and fast shoes but no where near as clunky as the glides. But there is a new glide and pegasus out beginning of May so hold on.
  • seren nos wrote (see)

are you all sure that it is the blue shoes.............i'm sure I had a pair of blue shoes once........they made me run so slow I thought I was going to stop!!!!!!!!imageimage

I would never wear blue shoes again..............they just aren't designed for proper runners...........

now a pair with a go faster strip is the type you need...........

Are you sure they were blue seren, cos mine are fine... I have some white ones that make my fingers look fat... I won't buy another pair of white ones... image

seren nos wrote (see)

caz you forgot to add.

* other shops are availableimage

Tsk tsk silly me, of course there is always www.cheapnastyimitationshoes.com

• What about a pair of these....

Nike.... tick
    Lightweight.... tick
    Non-clumpy.... tick

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/221378/nike-deuce-plimsolls-gallery.jpg

What's not to like??? image

• I liek the pun about the tick!