Options

I HATE MY SHOES!

Comments

• Options

What a friendly forum this is image

I do not read every thread here, but just look at titles that look interesting and have occasionally started threads for advice etc.

For this thread, I see that devoted... started a perfectly reasonable thread about shoes and is then hit with some incredibly rude, billious remarks.

• Options
    Phil, hang around here for a while and you will understand
  • Options

Phil.if you need an explanation............go into d2d's threads...they are all listed on her page.start at the beginning and read......you might be able to read older ones if you can trace her other aliases......

If you read some of the history you might understand some of the comments.....although I agree no point in just going on the thread to have a go.............

when she was banned on here she went to fetch and seemed to upset them all there within 24 hours and they are a much niccer bunch than us lot...........

Please don't get put off by D2D's thread.they are different from anyones elses and not really a true reflection of what goes on in the forums

• Options

Is there not a moderator on this site ? From what I've read some people should have their accounts blocked/deleted.

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

To be fair, a lot of this sort of nonsense is confined to the more clique-orientated world of "Clubhouse".

Most of the Gear advice is fairly sound in my experience.  This just got tangential rather quickly.  image

• Options
    I try not to get involved in forum spats and generally avoid the controversy but D2D I have to say that the comments you have made about USB are the lowest of the low. 
  • Options
    Devoted2Distance wrote (see)

One can only wonder whether the good life of living on a farm, being blessed with lovely children, having mind-blowing sex with her wonderful husband is one she's dreamt up whilst being bored one night when no one on RW was responding to her own constant attention whoring.

People really can't win with you, can they?  On one hand you attack people for having seemingly happy settled lives (in the context of the above quote) but on the other hand you continually berate those less fortunate/healthy/educated/affluent than yourself and acuse them of all being chavs/thugs/scroungers.

Apparently you have been through a dreadfully hard time in recent months and for thatI  truly do empathise (though I know you will tell me you didn't ask for it, don't want it and don't care less) but none of this gives you an excuse for being so horribly embittered towards every single person you deem to be beneath you or indeed a bitch (disgusting  terminology to use against any female and incredibly demeaning to you).  Nor does youth afford you permission to be so wholly rude and dreadful to people, some of whom are genuinely trying to make sense of your behaviour, no matter how awful you consider their antics to be.  Humility is sought through compassion and maturity - a lesson you are making very hard learnt for yourself.

And before you acuse me of being part of any clique (a terribly immature argument on any level), I do not know any of the people on this site personally, have no contact with them on or off the site and do not converse in any way shape or form with any other members other than very infrequent replies to topic posts.  I have merely been an unbiased observer until now and as I said on a different topic on Friday, have found your attitudes to your fellow human beings to be not only incredibly ill informed but also deeply offensive if not a little bit worrying.

But you don't care, so thats ok.

• Options

Likewise, SD.  I've read many posts and refrained from commenting or participating, but I was astounded by yesterday's comment on Bridget's thread.

Devoted2Distance wrote (see)

If you're really that messed up to think that typing 'karma' is worse than sitting on two sites slagging someone off for days whilst posting details about where they live and run... then I give up.

The words "pot" "kettle" and "black" spring to mind, D2D.  If I remember rightly, did you not do exactly the same to a male forumite - posting personal details within a thread, on the forum?

Edited for grammar.image

• Options
    Phil Leeds wrote (see)

What a friendly forum this is image

I do not read every thread here, but just look at titles that look interesting and have occasionally started threads for advice etc.

For this thread, I see that devoted... started a perfectly reasonable thread about shoes and is then hit with some incredibly rude, billious remarks.

Phil - as someone who has posted on several different forums for running, cycling, climbing, etc I can say with some honesty that RW is one of the friendlier sites. 

• Options

She will come on here tell us she's bored of all this and that she has had the last laugh.....just like always.

• Options
    I think D2D can be ok from time to time. But there are times when she can be way OTT.
    However, she does create a stir and does have her own clique.

By the way D2D, if you not happy with those shoes. Complain to Nike.
    They do welcome feedback from customers and happy to help.
  • Options
    Blimey - this got nasty rather quickly.
  • Options

D2D - I posted something similar to the following on Friday evening. I think you would really benefit from taking some time away from this forum. You've had a traumatic few months and, for whatever reason, this is evidently not the healthiest place for you.  If you were a friend of mine, I would be having a long chat with you right now, but I'm not. I've been in a similar situation with a different forum, the internet can sometimes be the worst place to spend all your time when you're not at your best. I seriously recommend you walk away, go, enjoy the sunshine, meet real people and leave your internet self behind.

• Options

This forum is moderated............

which is why D2D had two threads removed last week because of her extreme right winged comments.....which were particulary nasty in places..............very few threads are actually removed......... .to remove two in a week is going some................but then some people like to post things to provoke outrage and comments......

• Options
    cougie wrote (see)

Blimey - this got nasty rather quickly.

You're not kidding !

And one or two innocent bystanders seem to be being caught in the crossfire. 

I can see that there is deep animosity between a few people on this forum but it really isn't a great advert for the Runners World forums.

Flat Footed wrote (see)
    Phil, hang around here for a while and you will understand

Before somebody else points it out, I've not been around very long either but I'm not sure I will ever understand what is going on here.

Just an idea but if people want to sound off so strongly about someone they dislike could they PM their friends and keep it private rather than escalate it into a public slanging match ? (and I fully expect to get flak for daring to suggest that)

At least that way newer members won't be put off the site altogether or treated to a cutting response that they don't deserve. 

• Options
    I don't think this should put new people off. There's a lot of history going on here and 99.99% of threads are very welcoming.

Now I'm curious as to the posts d2d had deleted. Exactly how right-wing were they ?
  • Options

+1 to Cougie. I didn't see any such threads either, but I think most people tend to avoid bringing up things like politics, race and religion (for example) on a public forum unless that was the specific topic of discussion.
    Posts like that would surprise me - and the mods I guess - even if they weren't obscene or anything.

• Options

I thought this site was about helping each other and offering advice on running.

Sounds like people need to get out and have a nice stress relieving run!

Chill out everyone. image

Oh by the way did anyone come up with a suggestion as to an alternative for D2D's shoes!? (oops have I started it again!?)

• Options

The suggestion was that she goes to a shoe shop and discuss it with them..one like sweatshop that give you a 14 day take back policy......................

as recommended on most of the 23 threads on shoes that she has posted..............to keep on asking people who have never met her give recommendation is crazy..............when she has had problems........with every one she has tried..............

By people recommending more shoes they are just going to give her more grief...................and you could give advice but on the numerous threads where she has asked for advice she has never actually taken it..........

the forum is generally a lovely place..............and very welcoming...........just like joining any club or group in the world ,..there is always history...........

The threads were once again having a go at everyone in the world that isn't as clever and pretty and thin and quick and quiet as D2D.............that they are therefore scum and not worthy to breathe her air...........or share her world.........

• Options
    BeetleBeetle ✭✭✭
    Good grief. Can`t you lot just shut it ? Most of us are really not interested. Get a life.
  • Options

We need a "Like" button here....  It makes life easier... image

• Options

D2D,

I train in Nike Lunar Elite 2 shoes, and while the flatness can feel slightly alien, I'd advise sticking to a set formula for a while and just concentrating on the running as opposed to chopping and changing.

I've now got a pair of Brooks Green Silence for upto 10k races, but wouldn't train in them.

You've got the promise and dedication for some decent times, I could easily envisage a sub 1.35 if you pushed yourself, but consistency is very much the watch word.

Good luck.

N.B - Can't say I'd advocate the attacks on D2D here, she's a pain in the arse sometimes, but this I feel is a rather valid thread - Don't click on her threads if you don't want to read what she writes.

She's hardly clogging up the site - Some threads have many thousands of posts and sit up at the top of the board all the time.

• Options

"N.B - Can't say I'd advocate the attacks on D2D here, she's a pain in the arse sometimes, but this I feel is a rather valid thread - Don't click on her threads if you don't want to read what she writes.

She's hardly clogging up the site - Some threads have many thousands of posts and sit up at the top of the board all the time. "

Well said Sprintimage

• Options

glad to hear the legs are still working well D2D..... out of interest have you given yourself a time limit of following your own training methods.........from your times it doesn't seem that you are making much improvements on your half and marathon times over the last 2 years despite you running a hell of a lot of miles a week and being young and fit........

I know you enjoy running all your training runs at faster than  race pace..............and some training programmes need longer than others to fufill themselves..........but have you given yourself a time limit of 3 or 5 years where if you don't start reaching your potential you might try training in the more traditional style or varied style......

I know you have suffered with injury .but you already know that your method of training carries a higher injury risk than other more varied programme...do you still think that the decent results that reflect your talent might show in the next few years..............

• Options
    Happy birthday D2D...............Hope you have the day you deserveimage