Marshalls for Richmond Park Marathon

You probably know the inaugural Richmond Park Marathon  is 09:30 Sunday 15th May, given a couple of Pirates (and presumably a few more RW civilians image) are signed up for it. It's a smallish do, just 300 punters, organised by 3 guys who like many of us spend way too much time doing laps of RP on two feet and/or wheels. They now have Decathlon and a couple of local sponsors on board, but still very much a low key, friendly bash that might go on to bigger and better things with a good first year.

I'm doing Stratford mara the weekend before, so I thought rather than drag myself around RP on the 15th, I'd swap sides and volunteer to marshall. I carelessly mentioned I may be able to round up a few more like minded souls, who also love RP, and may know a thing or two about racing, marshalling, and enthusiastic supporting. You know who you are ! Even a couple of hours at the beginning to help out with registration and the first 'half' lap would be great.

I don't know the organisers, or their charities, just thought it was a good chance to help out at a new local event, and get some beers in before and/or after. image (slightly off topic but might be a good weekend for a few farewell beers .... subject to contract ...) Usual thing, they can't promise much, but should be a goody bag with some race memorabilia in it, and a marshall's t-shirt. If we can do half the job we did at the Outlaw, they'd be delighted.

Who's up for it then ?

Comments