Birighton 2012

Hi

I thought it would be a good idea if all that have signed up for Brighton 2012 did a weekly report on how we are getting on,swap any tips give advise etc .

It might help with the training ,motivation etc after all we have 12 months

Comments

• Hello Razkatz - i am on a night shift and it is quiet, hence the post at ungodly hour. Good idea for a forum would love to share tips in preparation for next year.

This was my first marathon and learned a lot, definitely want to do things differently next year. I posted on the other site that my plan was to drop the distances for a few months to try and increase my average speed. Finished this one in just under 5.30 and would like to do the next one under 5 hours. So i have entered a couple of 10ks over the summer and fancy a longer cross country in the autumn, dont know if it will help but sounds like a good plan.

I also want to try and develop more core body strenght, my back hurt a lot after about 18 miles. My mate today said that was my running style but not sure I can change that one.

Did I read that you were undecided about next year, guess you have decided now, good on you.

What sort of plan do you have?

I have a couple of friends who signed up for this year and bottled, they have defferred to next year but to be honest I have got quite used to training and running on my own. Not to mention relying on this site to see what others are up to, I guess a bit more motivation closer to home wouldnt hurt.

Think I probably covered enough training miles this time but think maybe I need to think harder about the type of miles I am doing

Be interested to hear what you think.

•  Hi Karen

At the moment I do not have a race plan ,I just went out running I prefer to do it on my own better concentration,

We have a guy that is a regualer runner and he has advised me to do a few shorter races like 10k etc this will help with speed work,as for core muscles if you are a member of a gym try the rowing machine this is really good and you could try swimming, I am going to invest in the flotation belt for running in the swimming pool ,like you I would like to do next year in sub 5

I am taking a few weeks off from running and just going to do some cross training ,