Two stone off!

Comments

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    could be worse pops, you could be a villa fan!
    homemade veg and lentil shepherds pie tonight. got 2 12hr night shifts tomorrow and tues night so im going to have to prepare some food wisely to avoid late night service station coffees and muffins. i usually need a good sugar hit around 4am so need to avoid that i think!

• 13 miles slow this morning. I have eaten a tonne of chocolate today.
  • Well I didn't touch any chocolate, although our little girl was bought so much by friends and family that we now have a huge stock. She hasn't eaten any herself, although this is more to do with her belief that it all seems associated with the 7 foot white Easter Bunny that she was so terrified of in our local town centre on Saturday morning...

MrF my wife has just got away from nights after about 12 years and i know she found it really difficult to keep eating healthily whilst on them so hope you get through the next 2 days ok. Popps it's so close down there but your run in seems to give you a fighting chance, surely Blackburn deserve to go down for starters for just mismanaging themselves.

Looks like another fine day out, enjoy it everyone, and will ask my wifes permission for a gentle run later.

• I can certainly sympathise with the problems of night shifts, I have worked twelve hour shifts (days and nights for over 25 years. 4AM is just the time when I don't really feel like eating but still need some energy, chocolate becomes a huge temptation.

Anyway, off to work foe me, have a good dfay folks!

P.S.  Weigh 2lb lighter on the scales this morning, must get a new set!!!!!!!

• Not good image

After marathon taper, recovery week and Easter partying the weight is going up up up. I will be good this week but next weekend is wedding anniversary and we are going away for a few days so that will be another bad time. Next Tuesday the big push starts proper.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    have you got a marathon coming up mr spoons? tuesday sounds like the day! cant gave a romantic weekend awsg spoil by sensible eating!
    well i was very food last night avoided the cakes and chocolate and got through a hearty fruit salad and some soup with wholemeal bread. sure something tastier would have kept me more awake but not a bad effort all around. same again tonight but probably something a little more satisfying!

you cant beat nights, something you have to adjust to. esp with 3 school age children during the easter holidays!
  • Just done VLM. I have a low key, off road marathon in June and a 50km ultra in July.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    youve been very busy! ive not got anything booked in yet but considering the northants 35 ultra in june if i can get the time off work
  • CoxieCoxie ✭✭✭

Yeap, I'm on board also.  I need to lose 1st 7lbs and have been thinking about a serious starting point for a while.  Unfortunately I work away at least 2 nights a week and my fav hotel always gets something 'nice' in for me and has a glass of wine ready !  I've got a deferred through illness entry for the VLM for 2012 so have a few 10k's and halves planned in before then.  My first race this year is a 10k on the 22nd May in hilly Derbyshire.

ps. really glad I don't work nights, I'd be a mare to live with !

Target to lose 21 lbs by end of July.

• Welcome Coxie and morning all, having spent many nights working away I know the comforts of room service, wine and a good hearty breakfast all too well. Thankfully both my trips in the next month will be to a hotel with gym, just have to make sure i make use of it....

Good to read all the ultra plans. Did anyone enter the Vlm 2012 ballot yesterday? Think I had a good day yesterday but will do my WII body test shortly.
  • MuddyPawsMuddyPaws ✭✭✭
    Hi,

My plans for the marathon build up....

I ran a HM in March in 2:26:57 (cross country) and that was my first HM. I have two more 10k races in May, one is on trails the other is the BUPA 10k in London and I'm hoping to get my time down to below 55 mins.....

I then have a HM at the start of October, cross country again and I'm aiming for 2:15 or below...

From there I am planning to build up my LSR distance to about 18 miles before Christmas. Between Christmas and March I intend to increase the distance to about 24 miles and run that 3 times before late March ( alternate weeks with shorter LSRs on the other weeks)

The furthest I have run so far on a LSR is 14.5 miles and last week ran about 32 miles. I have also just joined my local running club.

I have a whole year to train and my target time is 4:30 - 5:00 at the moment image

I will be running this with my daughter to raise money for the Myotonic Dystrophy Support Group image

Lisa
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    mornin all, or should i say goodnight!
    welcome aboard coxie. good luck with ur weight loss!
    healthy breakfast and off to bed for me, a long night but now got 4 days off so should hopefully get a couple of good runs in to compliment the healthy eating!
    Andy, no vlm ballot for me, but Mrs.F entered. ive got to confess that im no fan of london. done it twice and its a cracking day out but having done lots of other marathons you soon realise that there are some absolute crackers out there. Mrs F is no marathon runner but wants to do one and one only, hence why she is hanging on for VLM. albeit i lose count of the amount of rejections she has had! i guess im not a fan of the huge crowds, congestion and fuss. im getting old! i really prefer trail or slightly more adventurous events. hope you get in though, its certainly a must do race.

have a good day all!image
  • I entered into the pre-ballot as I've been rejected a few times now.

Good day yesterday food wise plus club night (12x400m intervals). Weight is static due to bad days before. I'm being good again today.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    12x400 will get the ticker pumping eh mr spoons! what a wonderful day today. might nip out for a speedy 3m leg stretch to wake me up bit!Im using the wii for my progress too Andy, hope the weigh in was a good one
  • Well it seems to be going in the right direction, but I guess weight can fluctuate day to day so will take a view at the end of the week.

I know that many wiser and more experienced runners favour events other than London, I guess I don't have the confidence in my longer distance plodding to enter events which don't have that support to keep me going or number of drinks stations etc etc.... but I will move on and any recommendations always welcome.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    i think il just weigh myself once a week, as you say weight can fluctuate quite a bit especially throughout the course of the day. i am tryin very hard though so id like to see a difference! don't get me wrong andy, I'm not anti london its just my cup of tea. might have something to do with finishing in 1999 in the rain and then being sat on the pavement queueing to get into a train station that was actually closed!
    Snowdon has to be all time favourite, truly awesome.
  • Snowdonia does look incredible, and WIndermere which I think is around now also looks good. If I can lose my 2 stone and put in a better marathon time next Spring I'll definitely give it a go!
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    snowdonia believe it or not is not as tough as it probably sounds. statistically speaking there's more downhill than uphill It's just the bits that go up are a bit feisty! never done windermere before. thinking about doing beachy head this october, one I've never done before and that stretch on the cliffs looks amazing. usually the same weekend as snowdonia so have always missed out. I'm no speed demon, I've done a good number of events but the last 10yrs ive not gone quicker than 3.55 for a marathon. turned into a bit of a happy plodder just ticking the events off and enjoying them. i just know i can rekindle my youthful athletisma ultimate aim is 100 marathons, if i get that far!
  • I weigh myself everyday and take an average of the last few days. As you say it fluctuates daily so a once a week weigh in can be misleading.

I now have focus. I am doing the Great Barrow Challenge in September. I need to get down to race weight for this one. I am not lugging around the extra pounds as it will be tough enough anyway.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    that looks like a good event mr spoons! I've been after an off road duqthlon type event for some time to.add a bit of variety to things.

was close to entering the endurancelife coast to coast challenge but work schedule got in the way of that. maybe next year!

woke up feeling crap this morning . man flu i think. everything aches and dont have an ounce of energy. its goin to be a long day. (sure mourhinio is feeling worse though!)
  • Get well soon Mr F.

A couple of days of being good and I have lost 1.5 pounds. image

I went to swim club this morning. 2.35km in 1 hour.
  • Great idea - I have enrolled for the VLM ballot, and two stone lighter by then would make things a whole lot easier. Already lost about 2.5 stone since Xmas 2009, but still need to lose more. If I don't get in to London, I will look around for another marathon: any suggestions for a good first. Quite fancy Paris!

Off for a walk this pm with my partner: running to mother-in-law's tomorrow (9.5 miles) (instead of watching that bloody wedding!)

Anyone on Runkeeper?

• Nope. Lots of folk on here are on Fetch
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    whats runkeeper?
  • I assume its related to the Iphone App which acts as GPS and stores / shares all your runs, good app but i prefer my very old and weighty Garmin - in fact thinking about it, if I just took the thing off then I'd be half way to my 2 stone target.... 

• I like fetch. You can upload from your garmin, add your races, pbs, x training, weight, food. It does the lot.
  • Club 5km race tonight followed by pizza and wine.
  • Sounds good, veg chilli for us. Fetch is a great site, I should use it more often.

Dan - the others on here are bigger experts than me, but Brighton, Edinburgh and Stratford are all popular alternatives to London. Enjoy the run to inlaws, sounds like a good plan.

WIi body test was good this morning, will do my weeks weigh in tomorrow.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    run TO the inlaws? i usually run AWAY from there!!

stratford is on my doorstep Dan, but never done the marathon. your too late for this year but the White Peak Marathon in the peaks in May is a corker. off road, flat, great scenary.

hope everybody is feeling very british today!
  • MuddyPawsMuddyPaws ✭✭✭
    Hi Dan,

Why not try Brighton instead of London ? From mile 11 it is flat or downhill..... image

Lisa