Two stone off!

Comments

• 11:13 today

Just dipped below 12 stone image
  • Good work, just done my weigh in and I've dropped 1 more lb, bit disappointed as my WII weigh ins during the week were showing more, but that's still 4 lbs in 2 weeks.

Off to Yorkshire to stay with friends and go a christening for the weekend, whilst I will slip off this afternoon to hopefully see torquay clinch our play off place at rotherham. Have a good weekend everyone.
  • grant mgrant m ✭✭✭

Well done all! You're still going in the right direction Andy so don't be too disappointed. An extra 3 lbs dropped here, a little over half a stone in 2 weeks which I realise is a bit much but given how overweight I was to begin with such a large drop at first is not a concern. Woohoo! image

Just back from run, rain was almost torrential, enjoyed it! Only problem was I couldn't hear the interval splits on my watch cause the rain was so heavy!

• A large drop at first is quite common. Then it gradually gets harder. The key is not to become despondant and give up if you have only lost, say, 1lb in a week. As long as you are going in the right direction it's all good work.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    weigh in for me later and hopefully a run too.

well done with the losses chaps, really good work!! with a bit.if luck ill be under 13st later, but even if not i shan't be too sad as i know I'm already in better shape.

enjoy the christening Andy, ill keep my eye on the torquay score. I've family in torbay and dartmouth so they will no doubt be keeping their fingers crossed too. bit of a nothing game for the sky blues today as we watch norwich party at carrow road.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    evenin campers!

13st on the nose, so that's 5lb lost. happy with that.

busy day... noisey children... classigc Only Fools & Horses on they telly Budweiser?

3hrs free tomorrow afternoon for a run so planning on a good cross country blast!

still been to find an event to enter. there's a 60n ultra near my house in july but kinda out off by the 68 quid entry fee!
  • grant mgrant m ✭✭✭

Well done on the loss Mr F and glad you had a good day! 68 smackers, is that a typo?!! image I am trying to find events too, found a 5k in September but fancy something a bit sooner, say June or July but can't seem to find anything suitable. Will keep looking.

Brilliant day here, went to the golf driving range with my 3yo who loves "golfing" the balls, then a spot of lunch including a shared cake with the missus. Picked up bike from Halfords on way home and cycled the 7 miles home with my son on the back who loves it (giggling from the back seat). Homemade pizza for tea and we again showed restraint, stopping well short of being stuffed which is the standard. A wee sneaky g&t before tea but passed on the beer with my tea, opting for fizzy water instead. Early night planned, want to get out on my bike again before breakfast, earn that bacon sarnie!

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    very commendable grant! no, 68 quid, no type error!

gonna go for the northants 35 mid june. instead.

2 new bikes fir youngest 2 kids today, so off out tomorrow morning on them!
  • £68 imageimage
    No event is worth that. Come and do Poppyline marathon. £5 including free lunch afterwards image
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    spoons That event looks good. can't best the LDWA for value can you! only problem is im in warwickshire, so quite a slog over there. i do quite like the look of the new trail blaze events from endurancelife. ideal for people like ne who work odd shifts Can so any course whenever you like.

nice late point for the hammers i see, so having not paid much attention to the premier table Are you safe or will we be welcoming you at fortress ricoh next year?!
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.. Just back from an off road 10 jaunt in a country park near to my house. Great place to run, traffic free, lots of differing terrain and some really testing sharp inclines. Ive not raced a 10k since Silverstone in 1995, and Id forgotton just how tough they are when you give it your all! I thought my heart was going to burst out of my rib cage at the end! Still, got to be good for you.

Back to work tomorrow for me on a whole new shift pattern which is going to mean probably less free time for training.

Another fairly healthy day for me. Breakfast was sultana bran with chopped banana and skimmed milk, lunch was a tin of baxters healthy wholemeal soup and a seeded bagel, followed by greek yoghurt and fruit. Snacks inbetween were wholegrain rice cakes with peanut butter and a very large banana and a bit of easter egg before my run. The Ben & Jerries is STILL in the freezer too. image

• Hallam BlueHallam Blue ✭✭✭

Finished the Sheffield half-marathon in 2:18:57 - I was looking to break 2:20, so pretty chuffed, especially as I hadn't really run for a cople of weeks due to a quad strain. Which held up well. Now it is time to really focus on the extra padding!

• Getting fatter any other women over 50 finding losing the pounds difficult?
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    good stuff Dan Well done mate!

pixie, all welcome here whatever your Sex, Weight or age! Jump onboard!
  • Well done Dan, great run, does that finish at the Don Valley stadium? I was there yesterday for the 1st time, really impressive athletics venue although I must admit, rubbish for football....

Great weekend away, just about to slip out for a 30 minute run. Lavish buffet on offer after the christening we went to, I had rice and salad. Tonight we're making home made chicken kebabs.

Good to see youre tackling the odd 'sprint' event mr f, as well as the torbay connections. Dartmouths our favorite place of all, we've spent many evenings in the Cherub or Castle pubs after taking a ferry across to the town.... Highly recommended for anyone who doesn't know it.

Welcome pixiep!
  • Evening all and welcome Pixie!

Not a great weekend all round for me, almost certain we'll be visiting the Ricoh next season Mr F, relegation party organised for the DW Stadium next Sunday. Got home from the game late last night and had a bit of a blow out with Chicken Kebab, Pizza and a few beers (Coors Light) image, not good!

Good run today in Sheffield Dan, well done!

Love Dartmouth andy_w, fond memories of many family holidays down that area, lovely little Quay down there, Bayards Quay or something like that, crab fishing in Salcombe and Kingsbridge, great fun.

Staying off the running for a few days, just doing some rowing machine, weights etc but not the same, still toying with the thought of buying a mountain bike but not sure yet. 

• grant mgrant m ✭✭✭

Well done on the half marathon Dan and the 10k Mr F! And impressive show of restraint Andy, I do love a buffet! (hope your run went well too). And welcome Pixiep!

Sorry about the footie Popps, I suppose you've got try and look on the bright side, you might get to win some games next season but I suppose it ain't the same as the Premiership.

Not a lot for me today, weather was awful so didn't get out on my bik. Did go swimming with my kids thoughwhich was great fun. Weather cleared up later and went for a walk with the dog on the beach so at least I was active-ish. Foodwise was a bit of a disaster (at least health-wise) - pizza, chocolate, g&t, wine and cauliflower and cheesewere all involved at some stage (but not together!). Tomorrow: must try harder!

• Well done Dan

I ran 16 miles this morning and have mostly eaten well except for the 2 pints of ale and the creme egg image
  • Oops, back over 12 again. This proves that even when you up the mileage you still need to be careful. Big push time starts NOW.
  • grant mgrant m ✭✭✭

Chin up Mr Spoons! And well done on the 16 miles, I think you earned the pints! (Creme egg gets no comment from me, pot kettle and black and all that!)

Just entered my first event, a jogscotland organised 5K in Dundee in June, a week after my C25K programme concludes. Yay!

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    mr spoons, good going with that 16m. i wish i had time at the minute for some runs like that. surely you can be excused a couple of ales? the hops should count towards your 5 a day? creme egg? well Eggs are a good natural source of protein, good for muscle repair following a long run..

nice to see you hve entered your first race grant, if your on par with your programme it will be a great way of seeing how far you have come. healthy salad and tuna packed lunch made for work and there will be a water bottle on hand to try and keep sipping out of!
  • You see, telling yourself "you've earned it" etc is just kidding yourself. I tried that last year and put on a stone in weight. I need to remain vigilant.
  • grant mgrant m ✭✭✭
    Mr Spoons wrote
    You see, telling yourself "you've earned it" etc is just kidding yourself. I tried that last year and put on a stone in weight. I need to remain vigilant.
    I agree to a certain extent. For me anyway, I would use that expression for something I was going to have anyway, forcing myself to do some exercise first. Maybe that is why I am 4 stone overweight mind you... image
  • OK, so here are my ground rules that I have learnt work for me through previous experience.

Calories in must be a minimum of 2000 per day to maintain energy levels required.
    Calories in must be a maximum of 2500 per day to avoid weight gain.
    Must do shed loads of training image

Today I have eaten 2200 calories and ran 8 miles plus done a few weights, core, stretches, press ups etc.
  • 11:13 this morning. I feel lighter already image
  • I'm not very good at calculating my own calorie intake, I guess I should download an app or something. I know though if I haven't had enough that I feel really lethargic and often have to make up for it the next day.

On the train to hopefully sunny Glasgow with work for a couple of days. Will have to be very disciplined in the hotel, I had a really good day yesterday with salad for lunch, and a fairly good dinner.

Just found out we've been successful in the ballot for the last few stoke city tickets for the facup final on Saturday, my wifes a stoke fan. Should be a great day out, babysitters permitting, although I will miss the torquay play off final match on sky, will have to sky plus it and switch off the mobile on the way back.
  • grant mgrant m ✭✭✭

I am very impressed with your analysis and regime Mr Spoons! I would love to get scientific about calories (and down the line, I probably will) but at the minute I am working on the assumption that if I am lethargic I need more fuel and if I am stuffed I have eaten too much. I really don't want to get down to the minutae of working out how much butter I can put on my toast.

Enjoy Glasgow Andy, I am here every day for work although stuck on the outskirts so can't enjoy the place properly. And good news on the tickets, with the form Stoke are in and given that City bottle the big games (semi final excluded) I reckon Stoke have a great chance.

• Well mine is partly reading the labels and partly educated guesswork. There are also lots of websites that will give the calories.
  • Just downloaded a free calorie counting app, which hopefully will help as my knowledge of calorie content in foods is poor.
  • I lost 6 stones through running (over a period of one year) going from just over 19st to just over 13st (I'm 6 ft). Never counted calories properly - but at a guess probably eat around 1500 per day. 

I would like to lose a final half a stone to get to around 12 and a half stones, but not sure how to go about this as I don't think I could eat any less.

I'm running about four times per week (3 x 45 mins and one x longer run - up to 90 mins) as well as gym in between

Any tips on how to shift that final half a stone without starving myself?  Could eating more actually help as sometimes I feel a little light-headed?

Thanks.