Thames Path 100

Comments

• Andy : well done on your adventure. Nuun tablets are great if a little pricey. I carry then on the hills for adding to stream water. Guess I couldn't do that with Thames water?

Vix. Glad you are back out. What heat?

Ankle story is at www.westhighlandwayrace.org/Racetales/2006/Mark_Hamilton_2006.doc

There's some advise about a headtorch in there as well.

Some of the other tales are a good read. Also a great but very scary section on medical issues for ultra running. Probably best not read that bit!

• Hi Hillheader - it's been warm here in Manchester today - am burned a bit. Back to Birmingham tomorrow so probably won't be so bad, although you never quite know.

Am going to go and read that story - thanks for the link.

I've not tried Nuun tablets but a few of my triathlete friends swear by them.
  • Interesting article from him. I'd say crazy but I can't talk!

I went over on my ankle 8 miles into this year's Lightning Run, and still persisted to a total of 30 miles. Luckily it wasn't broken, but it has taken til now to get back to how it was, probably because of my willingness to persist back then.
  • i`m up in North east wales (Deeside) about 8 miles from chester, 7 miles from mold if that makes it clearer. it would be awesome to do a night run, run/walk, or straight walk, am just trying to get my ******computer to let me read them stories. vix glad your movin again. image
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Andy, its lovely up near you. Id llove to be that close to hills!

Am just lookin for a night where I can do run/walk myself.
  • Well done on the night adventure Andy image

I had to go back to the docs today as the abs are not working. We are trying different ones so hopefully toe will be better soon.

Got a liittle sprint tri this weekend, that will help with ultra running image))))

• Well.....after last week's saga, quads felt completely normal yesterday so decided to test it over 45 min...........except 45 minutes became an hour, became 2, 2:15 and then it went again. Rang up my wife who's initial reply was "Twat!" Hobbled home (she's away in Liverpool)

Lesson number 1 - if you miss your long run at the weekend due to minor injury don't try and make up for it as soon as poss.

Lesson number 2 - after a minor injury, stick to a shortish run (as I'd planned) to see if it's Ok - or a minor injury might become a major one.

Whoops......

• MR F i consisder myself very fortunate to live in Connah`s quay Actually. its just an average town, but if you go one way out the driveway. its miles of cycle track (Pan flat) and if you go right its out of civilization within 100 yards pretty much. really love that. 

Thanks everyone for the suppport an well done`s. image

good luck AJH with your toe, and the Sprint tri. eeek respect.

Rich 1 : sorry to hear about that. i know what you mean about loosing track oh Hours.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    18-20 off road with pack this morning, let's see how I cope with that!!
  • Good luck Mr F - hope it all goes to plan!
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    The black clouds are gathering above. Must be the sight of my legs!!
  • Just absolutely p*ssed it down here in rural Lincolnshire - hope you you can dodge the clouds Mr F image
  • Looks like it's going to rain here too - will try to time run to go out in it!
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Montane jacket packed, bring it on! Being dropped 18m from home so at least that to get back, a bit more with some XC deviations. Just had a downpour so clear blue skies now!
  • Just about to head out for a run as well. Is 36 degrees here! Very humid. About to rain but don't think jacket will be needed. Longest run in last 2 weeks is 5 miles so will try 6 tonight! So much for ultras!

Enjoy the 18miles mr F. Nothing like a bit of incentive.
  • Have a good one Mr F - I'm jealous.

• Where are you hillheader?

Hi Rich. image
  • Morning all,

Hope you're all well.    Well done on your night adventure Andy, sounds great.  Glad you had a good walk too Vixx.  Hope all the injuries are improving AJH and Rich.  Where are you Hillheader - I definitely wouldn't like training in temperatures like that. 

Hope you have a good run Mr F.  The rain clouds are gathering here.  A steady 12miles for me yesteday with a swim this morning and got a 10k race tonight.  I'll start to focus my atention on this race from August.

• Feeling very frustrated - training was going superbly for my UltraRace Peak in August. Had a cracking 1/2 marathon 2 weeks ago and should have done the sensible thing and had a couple of days off - but, oh no, just couldn't help myself and now I haven't done much for 2 weeks - and my plan was to start upping the mileage through July.

Having said that I did do 2 or 3 runs over 20miles in June.....so hopefully a decent base is there.

I'm just not very patient with my body but at 46, I think I have to learn to be image

Still haven't signed up for this one - not sure whether to just enter or discuss with wife first - both carry risks image

• I understand the frustrations rich. 46 is not old! Im same age. 2 marathons and 3 ultras so far this year. You should have a good base but don't push it.

Buckets of sweat today. In Thailand for work so hot. Off to Alaska in 4 weeks time so might be a bit cooler.

I'm waiting for right moment to tell wife. Watching the list fill up though so better do it soon?

Enjoy the race KP
  • 8 hilly miles done for me - a combo of trail, road, run, walk, sun, rain image
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    19.6m, awesome run! A good percentage on trails and foot path , beaming sunshine, torrential rain! No fast pace, just a case of plodding out the miles. Felt food considering I got through 2 litres of squash and a couple of oatcake biscuits.

Guys, I feel old and I'm only 32! Hope I'm still as for as you at 46!!
    Good running vixx!
  • I'm 34 - will be 35 when this comes around!
  • Well, after much faffing about I've now entered. First 100 miler. got nearly a year to prepare, so hopefully i'll be able to do it!

• Hi Jellybaby - it's my first 100 too image
  • Nice run, Mr F - sounds great. Where are you?

Jellybaby - you're braver than me - I'm still pontificating - and that is today's unnecessarily long word image

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    rich, I'm in sunny warwickshire just outside leamington spa if you know it?

So, who has actually done a ton before and is brave enough to enter a second? Or are we all virgins?!
  • You aren't that far from me Mr F!
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    oh. Where are you?