Disney 2012

Comments

• What do you guys think this 'surprise from Disney' is going to be ??
  • image Not shifted my flu bug yet, so might be giving long run a miss tomorrow. Last weekends longrun restored my confidence I can get around, so I'm not too worried - I just started my taper a week early image Probably do 13 on Boxing day or something, then a shorter one NewYear weekend, that should do me for the long uns.

As for the surprise... I think they will open the park for us on marathon day for free??? for runners and a couple of spectators? be nice anyway

• That's what Im asking Father Christmas for - a free day at Disney image

Do we need to print off the Race Guide from the ESPN site or will they be available as a hard copy at the Expo when we pick up our race pack?
  • MM

They have a  number of programme guides available at race registration so don't worry about printing a copy off.

I think the announcement will be another race  maybe a full marathon at the LA park. Disney aren't renowned for freebies image

• bet this is the Paris Dinsey race
  • mmmmm thought it would be too good to be true ! 18 miles today. That's my last long one in the bag YIPEEEE
  • Hello - only a few hours now before we find out what our Disney Gift is image if its rubbish I will be very disapointed  after all the hype on rundisney.  

I have another question im afraid.  -IM going to find it hard to fit in my scheduled taper runs this week, with all the xmas stuff going on... Obviuosly Im not going to just stop altogether, but ust how important is the amount of running I do in the next two weeks ?? 

• As long as you keep the legs ticking over MM you should be ok.

We had to ditch our last long run... image  We set off with all good intentions on Saturday morning only to realise that the nice sheen on the pavements wasn't just morning dew it was sheet ice... not worth risking it so we turned around and went food shopping instead.  Couldn't get out on Sunday as it was the running club Xmas do and we were committed to going.  Our last proper long run was on 27th November...it was 20miles though so I'm confident that with a 13 this weekend and a few 8's or 10's next week we'll get round in one piece.

Need to start writing my list and checking it twice...not for Santa... but to make sure I don't forget anything important like trainers or sports bra... image

• And the surprise is.... another race... wooooh!! NOT!!!

We actually fancied doing the original Tower of Terror 13k but couldn't afford it at the time... we won't be doing this one either.

• MM

I plan on running no more than  20 miles this week short easy runs may even get out early on Christmas day  but I'm just taking things easy and not pushing myself

Not surprised at "the gift" they did a big hype earlier in the year and it was the same result so I suggest we all go to Universal Studios on the Monday in protest  image

• What a load of disappointment there!!

Another Disney race, and by the sounds.. upsetting lots who had already planned holidays around the existing wine and dine race.... which they kindly changed the date of, lol

Universal, sounds like a great idea... I like that one image

• I might try giving my family 'gifts' like that for xmas - then I'd make a packet and could afford to do the new Disney Race !! image
  • Going to Universal on the Thursday before the race...we've both been there before so just plan on going on the new or upgraded rides. Going to Hard Rock for our tea...yum!!

Is that 20miles in total or a 20mile run Slowie??? We're doing Parkrun on Saturday and then going out for a proper run afterwards...need to wake the legs back up.

It's tradition to run a mile...just the one...first thing on Christmas Day...that way we can eat & drink whatever we want (except we won't be drinking this year) and it's all cancelled out by the run. image That's our theory anyhoo.
  • Yes MM, I've re-wrapped all the pressies and included a bill (so all the money recouped can go towards another trip!!) image

We don't arrive 'til Thursday Caz, I figured that I could stay on "UK time" (early nights and gettups for 2 days) so that the silly early a.m. start times for brekkie won't kill me, lol. In fact it will equal a nice lie-in for me image 

• Caz

20 miles in total

• We are planning to do the same JPAtkao - staying on UK time for the first few days to soften those early starts. I think we will probably get some universal tickets also.

• Well, 15 today - but a slow, painful 15. Think my legs are protesting at how long they have been in training.image Think the taper has to start properly now.........

We're on the plane before New Year, so hope to see everyone there. Hope all of you have a brilliant time!image

• NN 15 on Boxing Day - that's impressive. Xmas food still laying a little heavy for me to contemplate a run today...Will be out again for a short one tomorrow though.

Have a good flight x
  • NN enjoy your flight and I hope its totally uneventful

Ran 4 on Christmas eve and seem to have strained something in my ankle so had a couple of days off but managed 10k on a cross trainer this morning may look for one in the New year sale  or ask father Christmas next year image

may need a trip to the physio before I fly

How do people meeting up prior to the race so we can put so faces to names ?

I know I'm on the same flight os Caz (i think shes the pilot)

• Good luck NN, hope all goes well image

and hope your ankle strain doesn't come to anything slowfoot  image

As for me, that bug took longer to shift than I'd hoped, hadn't run since the 11thDec  image..... so took the legs out for a spin this morning, cranked up the speed to 10k pace and managed to hold that for 9miles (I know I should have gone slower and ran farther, but I wanted to push myself a little)

Not sure if anyone wants pacing, but found a site that shows Clif Bar team will be doing it, they have groups at 3:05, 3:15, 3:25, 3:35, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 5:00, 5:30 and "float" which I assume is "under the time limit" group

• Thanks for the info JPAtko.

Bet you feel better for getting out and knocking the cobwebs off.
  • Managed 12k on a cross trainer today and have a physio appointment tomorrow to have my ankle poked and proded

Have used the Pace groups in the past very friendly but you need to build in your photo stops as they don't stop.

• Yes was good knocking the cobwebs off MM !! could have done without the germs.

Yikes!! Sounds very close to marathon weekend for poking n prodding of ankles, I hope everything is good enough for you to get around the courses slowfoot.

Yes I realise they don't stop for photos, I'm still thinking run a time then hopefully get a pic later with my medal (and even more hopefully a new PB/PR, lol )

• JP

There are photo's with thge main characters in the finishing area so you can run  and worry about the photos afterwards

• getting really quite nervous now !  must be taper fever as Im wondering if I can still run more than a few miles image
  • I am indeed flying the plane Slowie...it could be a bumpy ride as I'll be in serious bounce mode by then. image

We've been out for a couple of runs over the Christmas period, nothing longer than 9miles though...going out for a 10k tootle in a bit. We did parkrun on Christmas Eve (new parkrun PB...not sure how that happened) and then went on to do another 8miles that felt absolutely dreadful... The 9miles on Monday went a lot better thank goodness.

Hope everyone has a nice time this evening...take it easy on the alkyhol and speak to you all next year...happy tapering.

Hope the ankle is OK Slowie.
  • After my physio on Friday I'm told the problem is inflamation in my heel so been doing some home physio.

Went out for a 30 min run yesterday but been feeling it ever since  so have a mixture of ice & heat ongoing at the mo

May try some cross training later to keep my legs going

• Oh Slowfoot! fingers are firmly crossed for you - hope it settles down ready for next week.

We went out for a speedy 3miler today just for a bit of fun - how can it be that my husband who had a skin full last night (while I was on water) managed to overtake me like a train ?? There is just no justice in the world ladies !!

Suitcases out now and starting to gather things together for our flight on Wednesday.. Hope you are all ok out there and looking forwards to it as much as us x
  • Happy 2012 everyone image

oh dear slowie, fingers crossed too. If it was me I wouldn't run on it at all between now and next weekend, give as much time for healing as possible!

suitcases are out here too and a few things being collected together for our flight on thursday, started an easy 1 hr run this morning, but got bored and, of course, it turned into a "lung buster"  lol

• MM

Where you flying from ?