Options

May Weight Loss Team Challenge

Comments

• Options

Cinders poor you, I hope your feeling better.

Managed my NSV today 18.6 mile run and feeling grand, especially pleased as, I had to do it on a dreadmill because of this cr*p weather!

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    *hangs a medal around RP's neck* You deserve that, 18.6 miles on a treadie! *THUD*image
  • Options
    OMG RP- you ran that on a treadie!  I can't do more than a mile without being certified.
  • Options
    Jeez RP that is a NSV - did two hours once on a treadie and nearly drove me insane swore never again!
  • Options
    Never Give Up Girl wrote (see)
    Jeez RP that is a NSV - did two hours once on a treadie and nearly drove me insane swore never again!
    Terminal insanity image at least I had Radio ! to listen too, I love Sara Cox
  • Options

RP -  I was listening to Fitness First's own version of a music channel as my ipod wasnt charged so it was a bit like some form of torture!

Feeling really hungry today - umm lovely brocholli and salmon for lunch today yummyimage NSV for me this morning was that the Kitkat chunky carmel bar was calling to me at the news agents telling me how I needed to eat it but I resisted..

• Options
    Running Postie wrote (see)

Managed my NSV today 18.6 mile run and feeling grand, especially pleased as, I had to do it on a dreadmill because of this cr*p weather!

Good grief!!  I can't even do a mile on one of those things!  If I have to be indoors I'd rather use the cross trainer.  Well done RP!

Things are starting to perk up a lot for me and Mr TST this week so I am feeling in a much more positive state of mind image  It was our wedding anniversary yesterday and the first time we have celebrated it without any alcohol - Mr TST started his medication yesterday and can no longer drink.  We still had a cracking day though and hopefully now I'm not drinking the weight will come off a bit quicker! 

Have a friend coming over to train with me today and we are doing a brick session - 5 mile cycle, 1 mile run, x 5! image  It that doesn't burn some calories then I don't know what will!! 

How is everyone else doing?

• Options
    WW weigh in for me today!
  • Options

Good news TST, cutting alcohol out (for me) helped enormously.  It also (normally) means I have enough free calories for a hot chocolate at the end of the day.

Weight loss slowing for me, can now see ribs in certain lights but still have the last of the spare tyre in place.  Not fair.

Good luck with the weigh in Schmunks.

• Options

Good Luck Schmunkee!

Have fun TST- sounds hard work.image

This morning's skirt is falling off me and I am delighted.  All still going in the right direction and still very motivated which is the critical part for me.  On target for what I wanted to lose still.  Delighted and can't thank this fred enough for getting me going.image Plus a friend gave me a size 8 dress (WTF) and it fits- ridiculous; clothes sizes are such rubbish though, as the suit I wore last week which I have had far too many years to mention, was a size 12 from M&S then and I am certainly not a 12 there now.

Long run in the offing tomorrow (about 14 miles) so must make sure I eat enough later to fuel it so running partner doesn't have to carry me home.image

Less than a week to the end of month weigh in.

• Options

-1 for me again today. making total loss 6lbs.  Really pleased with that.

Although I am eating less food, I am still eating a lot of the wrong stuff ie MaccaD breakfast after OW swimming, Mars Bar after bike ride.  if I could eat better I am sure the scales would move quicker

• Options

I've had a couple of unavoidably dodgy weekends but have been image during the weeks. Somethng has come up workwise so 14 miler has had to be reduced to an early 6-8 instead but saves worrying about a carb load.

At least if you eat crap just after exercise, your metabolism is still up for a while and some food keeps it up for longer.

Well done Schmunkee on the lb!

• Options

Well done on the loss Schmunkee image

FerrousFerret wrote (see)

Good news TST, cutting alcohol out (for me) helped enormously.  It also (normally) means I have enough free calories for a hot chocolate at the end of the day.

It definitely should help FF.  I know that quite often I have lost a couple of pounds in the week and then piled it all back on over the weekend.  It's not just the empty calories from the drinking, it's also being too lazy/wobbly to cook when we've been out in the afternoon and then feeling like pooh the next day and stuffing my face with chocolate, crisps and other junk.  As a nurse friend said to me yesterday, if I can't loose weight now I've stopped drinking then I have an underlying health issue!

Did 3 x 8 mile cycle, 1 mile run yesterday image  The runs were killers, especially the last one, but it was a lovely day and I really enjoyed the cycling.  Well apart from falling off on the first circuit!  Fortunately it was into a fairly high soft verge after a horse coming the other way got started by a dog so I didn't hurt myself.  Got up this morning to find my arms are sunburnt though, so need to start putting sunscreem on in future even if it doesn't feel that hot.  Swimming today and I'm attempting to do the full 1900m I need to do for the Vit image  I'll probably have to stop every 10 lengths or so for a rest, but I'd really like to see if I can potter through the whole thing in one go, so far I've managed 2/3 of it so I'm hopeful I can push on through and do the distance. 

• Options
    I won't be able to WI on Tuesday as away for Half Term...  so I will post my result on Friday next week after a week of ice creams, take outs and no exercise...  Not great for my team I feel.  If I can keep the damage down to 2lbs I will have done really well.
  • Options
    So the official weigh in is 31st, good date for me; I'll run first! image
  • Options
    Hey Team

I'm really sorry I'm not doing so well ... SOLBsis is still in hospital so in between visiting her, looking after my niece and working I've had no time to exercise since the marathon on Sunday.

My diet has been pretty abysmal too - I'm assuming choosing something different from the vending machine does not constitute a balanced diet.

I've just piled some fruit and veg into a trolley, hopefully it wont be a case of too little too late (I checked my weight this morning up 3/4 of an lb)

Hope you're all having a more successful week
  • Options
    BWT - can you not take your running shoes and go for a couple of little trott abouts while you are away?  Have a lovely time anyway! image

SOLB - hope your sister gets better soon.  Must be a really stressful time at the moment so just worry about yourself, your sister and your niece right now.  I'm sure everyone will understand.  Meantime, I think you could do with one of these 

/members/images/546545/Gallery/Big_hug.gif

Need to do a long bike ride today and see how far I can get so I can plan my training properly, but just looked out the window and it's peeing it down image  Think I may get a little soggy later!!
  • Options
    Morning all - still here (just back from holidays...a wee trip to Lanzarote for MrGFB to do the Ironman...ate pretty well but too much alkky-hol) weight about the same but we've started being really good about our food and exercising more consistently.
  • Options
    TST - running kit x 2 packed (Road and Trail shoes - as you never know...) Garmin Charged - OS maps arrived today, even sorted out bike so have packed-  cycling shorts.  The exercise should be OK but the down fall will be cook breakies, ice creams, cream teas... image
  • Options

Hey folks

I've just seen this thread and it looks like a great idea.  Will there be something similar for June as I've got a half marathon and the London Triathlon coming up and I think a thread like this could help me get into shape.

• Options
    I think it should continue too...  at least for another 2st!
  • Options
    Talulah73Talulah73 ✭✭✭

I am hopeful for a good result next weigh in.

I have no social life this bank holiday weekend as I am doing 72 hours of nightshifts in 6 days ...ALL of the bank hol weekend. But at least that will stop me from drinking wine and stuffing my face as the eating things seems to go really well at work! ( no vending machines and I always pack my food bag when not hungry)

I am also back on the WW wagon properly and actually planning/tracking and bieng generally good after messing about for the last few weeks.

However, I have only ran twice last week and am taking an enforced 6 day break as I have a cold and am working silly hours. I start the marathon training "proper" next week so hopefully get rid of this cold before the middle of next week!

• Options

Ooooh; just saw a young tri chappie I know and he noticed I'd lost weight. How happy am I?!image

Thank you Schmunkee. Oh and I ran nearly 11 miles this morning as well.

• Options
    My Non Scales Victory for the week - managed to ride the Rutand Ripple (part of the Viruvian Tri bike course) without stopping yesterday
  • Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see
    My Non Scales Victory for the week - managed to ride the Rutand Ripple (part of the Viruvian Tri bike course) without stopping yesterday

Well done Schmunkee! image

I hope this list is up to date, it's the last one posted that I could see.  I weighed this morning as I have to weigh when we go swimming as the scales are at the leisure centre!   Acheived a 2lb loss, which I'm really pleased with.  Am hopeful that now Mr TST's medication is all sorted and we are now non drinkers that this should be a continuing trend.  We've been on holiday (well not working!) this week too and I've been rather naughty on the snacks from, so a loss is even more impressive.  Mind you I don't remotely think I've consumed as many calories in snacks as I would have done in booze on a normal week off! image  Have also been fairly good on the exercise front this last week, and am now confident of getting back into my training routine properly; a week off was what we both needed really and I think we both feel full of zing and ready to move forward into a new stage in our lives image  I wasn't sure how we would differenciate between the first and second weigh ins, so I have added my new weight in a second set of brackets.  If anyone has a good suggestion as to how we could do it so that we know who has updated feel free to change what I've done!  I did think we could post it as a different colour, but not sure if it would keep the colour when you cut and past it to update it. 

Team Chocklit

B - 129 (126.25)
    Barley - 204
    Bobby G - 181(180)
    Klepto - 165 (161)
    Never Give Up Girl - 145 (140.9lbs to be precise)
    Nuts - 211 (209)
    Orca - 129
    Schmunkee - 197 (192)
    Talulah73 - 138 (136 so lost 2)
    Tired Legs - 183 (182)

Total - 10 people: 1682lbs

Team Gateau

Bright White Trainers 223 lbs (221lbs)
    Cinders 136 lbs (135)
    EcoLime - 105 lbs (109)
    Foxy Lady 140lbs (136)
    Frodo 148lbs (146lb)
    Gazmanms eister - 217 lbs (209lbs)
    gingerfurball 195 lb
    Lady Pineapple - 149lb (147lb)
    Lee The Pea 220 lbs
    Running Postie 148lb (144lb)

Total - 10 people:1681lbs

Team Kebab

Fairy elephant 154 lbs (151)
    Ferrous Ferret 164 lb (161)
    JCDigger - 227 lbs (221lb)
    Jeepers 167lbs (165lbs)
    Jojeena 160lbs (158lbs)
    Saffy sweety pea - 168 lbs (166lbs)
    Seren nos 159 lbs
    SOLB - 163lbs (161.5)
    Two-Stroke-Tart - 158lb (159lb) (157lb)
    Xine 267 - 161lb

Total - 10 people:1681 lbs

• Options

Hi all

wasn't going to weigh myself again until official weigh day, but had a dream last night that I put on 5 kilos and weighed 95kg. Must be a guilty concience as had friends round friday for dinner.

It was only because I know I'm nearer 65k that I realised it was a dream.

Pleased to report I have lost another 2 lb (probably sweated off in my nightmare) just hope I haven't dreamt that.

• Options

Team Chocklit

B - 129 (126.25)
    Barley - 204
    Bobby G - 181(180)
    Klepto - 165 (161)
    Never Give Up Girl - 145 (140.9lbs)(139lbs)
    Nuts - 211 (209)
    Orca - 129
    Schmunkee - 197 (192)
    Tired Legs - 183 (182)

Team Gateau

Cinders 136 lbs (135)
    EcoLime - 105 lbs (109)
    Foxy Lady 140lbs (136)
    Frodo 148lbs (146lb)
    gingerfurball 195 lb
    Lee The Pea 220 lbs

Team Kebab

Jeepers 167lbs (165lbs)
    Jojeena 160lbs (158lbs)
    Seren nos 159 lbs
    SOLB - 163lbs (161.5)
    Xine 267 - 161lb

Slow but steady loss there for me... know what you mean Fairy E - would prefer to register now before I put on anything!

Well done with your NSV Smunkee.  Mine this week was that my PT at the gym for the last five years is putting me on a "flyer" advertising his gym as a good example of someone who has lost weight LOL!!  So my mug will be on leaflets... weird thought..

• Options
    Team Chocklit

B - 129 (126.25)
    Barley - 204
    Bobby G - 181(180)
    Klepto - 165 (161)
    Nuts - 211 (209)
    Orca - 129
    Schmunkee - 197 (192)
    Tired Legs - 183 (182)

Team Gateau

Cinders 136 lbs (135)
    EcoLime - 105 lbs (109)
    Foxy Lady 140lbs (136)
    Frodo 148lbs (146lb)
    gingerfurball 195 lb (198)
    Lee The Pea 220 lbs

Team Kebab

Jeepers 167lbs (165lbs)
    Jojeena 160lbs (158lbs)
    Seren nos 159 lbs
    SOLB - 163lbs (161.5)
    Xine 267 - 161lb

I officially am rubbish sorry team...image
  • Options

Team Chocklit

B - 129 (126.25)
    Barley - 204
    Bobby G - 181(180)
    Klepto - 165 (161)
    Nuts - 211 (209)
    Orca - 129
    Schmunkee - 197 (192)
    Tired Legs - 183 (182)

Team Gateau

Cinders 136 lbs (135)
    EcoLime - 105 lbs (109)
    Foxy Lady 140lbs (136) (131)
    Frodo 148lbs (146lb)
    gingerfurball 195 lb (198)
    Lee The Pea 220 lbs

Team Kebab

Jeepers 167lbs (165lbs)
    Jojeena 160lbs (158lbs)
    Seren nos 159 lbs
    SOLB - 163lbs (161.5)
    Xine 267 - 161lb

9lbs down over the month, thanks for the inspiration guys.imageimageimage  11lbs down overall as started a few days earlier when the motivation hit me.

• Options
     Stunning stuff Foxy Ladyimageimage