Easter 2011

Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

Right then....

I am a tad quiet at work at the moment, and imagine i will be passing some time on here. Given that we have fair weather at the moment and a looming 4 day weekend, I was wondering what everyone was planning for the extra long weekend?

Comments

• Wedding shoot on Friday. Firing up the Beast Master on Saturday for a little BBQ with some friends. A little bit of work on the '72 Camper on Sunday/Monday. I'll more than likely punctuate it with some runs, a bit of mountain biking and some beer.
  • MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

Good Friday - 10 mile race, #NandosFriday & cinema

Saturday - day trip to Cambridge

Sunday - No idea

Monday - 10k race

Throw in a few more trips to the cinema, relaxing at home & maybe a BBQ 

• I'm taking the few days off inbetween the two long weekends, so mega holiday/ training time for meimageimage.

Fri /Sat, training, probably around home. Sunday up north at my pals for a Naming Day ceremony.  Mon-Wed camping down in the Borders and cycling & swimming outside, Thurs poss bike ride with my cycling coach, then Fri recce of Etape Caledonia course, then Sat-Mon, more training, with lots of chilling too.  Cannae wait! image

What are you up to Nick?

• Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

@Interm - Wedding shoot? Is that like a pheasant shoot, but with more formal attire?! I had to call an ambulance today at pittville roundabout @ about 715 - woman knocked off her bike....she wasnt seriously hurt, but is going to have a very sore nose and ankle. Pretty rubbish start to her day.

I have our club good friday easter egg hunt type run on Friday (up cleeve hill), then saturday I am off on my holipops!!!

• The Pittville roundabouts are a duck-shoot in them mornings. Hardly anyone pays attention on them, and the lane arrangement on the Circus is the cause of many a near miss, usually because drivers are idiots.

I'm not sure that this wedding shoot will be as formal as a pheasant shoot, to be honest!

• Nick LNick L ✭✭✭
    ...well it looks as though you will have fab sunshiney weather for the pics Interm - hope it makes for a nice uplifting weekend for you both.
  • skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)

My garden becomes a bit of a pheasant sanctuary when they're shooting as they aren't allowed to shoot over the properties.

i had no idea that pheasants were that clever.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I'm having an extra long weekend - finish today, come back Wednesday.

I shall be running various distances, and also supporting my Squeeze on a VERY long run, carrying supplies on my bike.

Bit of gardening, bit of scoffing chocolate, lots of NOT getting up at 6 o'clock image

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭

Our hols start tomorrow (lucky us), so

Thursday - double training, 2 x 9½km, then sanding and painting front door and some windows

Friday - painting wooden patio

Saturday - footie with the boys and a picnic

Sunday - Easter egg hunt then 33km run

Monday - day trip to the seaside with the family

Easter - can't wait!

• Friday - will be getting my doggie, so walkies and probably catch up with some chores I've ignored all week

Saturday - catching up with local forumite and her border collie for joint walkies around Merthyr Mawr sands

Sunday - visiting a friend who lives near some wonderful bluebell woods, walk doggie and take photies of bluebells

Monday - friend comes to visit to help with DIY on house

Tuesday - a bit more DIY and after friend leaves, start packing for Lanzarote holipops next day

• Friday: Couple of miles AM. BBQ lunch in the back garden.

Saturday: Might go and see my folks in Cambridgeshire. Might be a bit hot for tubes/trains/buses though.

Sunday: 4 miles AM, not much else, spot of gardening probably, stuffing my face with chocolate Lindt Bunny.

Monday: Don't know - bit of a walk somewhere perhaps My OH is on nights over the weekend so I'll generally be spending a lot of time creeping around trying to be quiet!

• Nick LNick L ✭✭✭
    Wilkie wrote (see)

I shall be running various distances, and also supporting my Squeeze on a VERY long run, carrying supplies on my bike.

Bit of gardening, bit of scoffing chocolate, lots of NOT getting up at 6 o'clock image

training run or event Wilkie? Either way good luck to both of you!
  • @SP13 - could you not combine Sunday's events?
  • Flying back from Dublin on friday night, OH is coming out friday morning with family to attend sisters spreading of ashes on family plot.

Chilling over weekend, participating in the Cotsold Sportive (105km or 105 miles) not decided which yet on the monday, then fly back on last flight of day.

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭
    Intermanaut wrote (see)
    @SP13 - could you not combine Sunday's events?
    Not a bad plan - not sure how the husband and children feel about such a long run. Could be an excellent way of burning off enough calories to cover some of the chocolate!
  • @SP13 - you'd be amazed at how far I'd run for chocolate!
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Nick L wrote (see)
    Wilkie wrote (see)

training run or event Wilkie? Either way good luck to both of you!
    Training run Nick, he's doing Comrades next month image
  • Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

Oooh nice Wilkie...that is on my 'list'.

My former training partner (ive not run with her for ages cos of injury) has been out there several times, and LOVES it. She was about 25th I think one year. 

You will have a great time I am sure!

• when are you off to Nepal Nick??

this weekend I shall mostly be doing things - no plans but things will include run, bike, swim, gardening, eating and drinking too much
  • Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

Saturday FB!

Woop woop!

• oohh you're going back??  Lovely!!! image

expecting lots of great photies!! image

• Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

Nam - yes, really looking forward to it. A good portion is in uninhabited areas so will be a bit more challenging.

I do think I should have a beach holiday too though - Lanza sounds good. I can do loafing...as long as I get to have a run, ideally in the middle of the day! You know...mad dogs and Englishmen....

• Loafing for a cheap week on Lanza is all I have the cash for at the moment...  I think pocket money will stretch for a hire bike to explore the island, just about. image

I do always get itchy feet when I see people going on proper backpacking adventures.  have a fab time!! image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I loved Nepal - I went a couple of times a few years ago. 

More than a few years ago, come to think of it - it was nearly ten years ago image

I watched the sun rise over the Annapurnas on my birthday in 2001 image

I went back a couple of years later and it had changed a lot, the Maoists were blowing things up and collecting "taxes" from trekkers.  The roads had deteriorated a lot in that short time image

I hope you have a fab time image

• have a great time Nick. hate you..... image

once this Ironman Wales thang is out of the way in September I am going back to doing things for the sheer enjoyment of doing them. things like trekking, mountaineering, MTB challenges, long bike rides etc. I'll still race road and tri but at a more acceptable level of time commitment.

let me know how this trek goes - might be worth a look for me for the future.....

have you got a weblink for it??
  • UltraCasUltraCas ✭✭✭

Have fun Nick

Friday, Sunday and Monday I will be hunting for a new car if the one I'm seeing tomorrow night turns out to be no good....otherwise lazing about, doing a bit of gardening, a few runs and tormenting teenagers

Saturday I will be hurling abuse, I mean marshalling, at Compton

But I have tues, weds and thurs off next week too so no rush for anythingimage