Options

Easter 2011

Comments

• Options
    UltraCasUltraCas ✭✭✭
    KK - I think he only says he's retiring to get attention... image
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I'm working friday and sunday and doing a 10 mile race on monday and probably a few other things in between

and FB has retired more times than I've had hot dinners
  • Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

THis is the trek, and the company I am going with. It is a bit more off the beaten track.

Wilkie, I guess you were there in a bit of a troubled time. I was there just over 2 years ago, and it was really fine. Things were pretty calm - govt/royal family thing was mostly resolved.

• Options
  • Options

image Nice one Nick

Friday heading into the peaks with Bookworm and showing her stanage edge. image

Saturday heading into the peaks and digging up a vegable garden for a disabled friend. (I might be able to nick her horse for a few hours after).image

Sunday biking to leeds because of hippy work stuff and then doing stuff all afternoon at a eventy.

Monday biking it back hung over.  

• Options
    Off to see parentals... do hope the eggs don't melt in the back of the car...  Weekend will probably consist of a little run on Saturday, coast somewhere maybe on Sunday (think Mr CS wants to go to Brighton), 10K race on Monday.. There may be a BBQ if my mum has invited the family round one day...but I'll play it by ear...
  • Options
    Haven't got anything concrete planned Friday or Saturday apart from a couple of runs.  Sunday evening will be spent in the pub and then a curry, Monday will be spent in the pub then watching Palace vs Leeds at Selhurst Park.  Got the 3 days off in between so no doubt they'll be more drinking and running involved.
  • Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

Jamie - not at the same time I hope? You might spill it!

Actually, our running club is organising a little pub crawl run thing (it was my idea)..i think others have done similar also. 

5 pubs or so....a mile or so inbetween each, half a pint in each....run between them.

THey are planning on doing this the day after I get back from hols.

Could get messy!

• Options

Thursday night - work drinkies with chaps who are moving to the company that bought a bit of us. I imagine it will be emotional

Friday - making Easter eggs and then Mass.

Saturday - hair cut, then off to see my brother and his family, with aforementioned Easter eggs. Evening Mass and then CHOCOLATE TIME.

Sunday - 10k race followed by more CHOCOLATE TIME. Probably making more eggs

Monday - having friends and their demon kids over for lunch. Hoping to distract demon kids with handmade eggs.

• Options

Friday, visiting a local seaside town

Saturday, nothing in particular planned

Sunday, wedding anniversary, backyard BBQ planned

Monday, recovering from BBQ, then I'm off for the next week and not in again until the day after May Day Bank Holiday.

• Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

We're so British. The moment we get a sniff of good weather, we're dusting the BBQs off!

With weather this good now, it means we're in for crappy summer image

• Options

Not only have we dusted off the old BBQ, hubby went out and bought a new one this afternoon.

Out of interest, does anyone know how I can turn the old one into a smoker? My son's into fishing and hopes to catch loads of mackerel again this year, so I said I'd have a go at smoking some of them.

• Options

oooh...well, Easter weekend starts for me tomorrow Nick...it's my buffday, so I've booked it off work, Mr.S is taking me out for sushi tomorrow night...then Fri night am getting together with some friends, Saturday we're doing a really long walk and making tiffin (and possibly having a BBQ with some neighbours), Sunday we have a family day with SiL and on Monday, we'll just be chilling out, I think.

Let's hope that prediction's not right, k8 - though my allotment could do with some rain!

Not sure, Kwilter - though I think for a smoker you'll need to block up some of the holes and keep the lid on tight, maybe?

• Options
    k8greene wrote (see)

We're so British. The moment we get a sniff of good weather, we're dusting the BBQs off!

I hate to say this but I really think you're right.

A warm spring does tend to precede a cool, wet summer. image

• Options

My weekend starts @ 10am today after a site meeting with various peeps.

This afternoon I will taking flake the choc lab for a swim @ Newgale our fav beach,then on it St Davids were Intend to spend some  of the burfday wonga I was given recently in Fat Face.

This evening I am refereeing an U13 football match,followed by a few cold ones with friends.

Friday,Painting what will be our babies nursery room &  BBQ with Friends.

Saturday,last match 2nd team of the season followed by a bus tour around numerous pubs in pembs with all the lads.

Sunday,long walk & out for lunch.

Monday,doing nothing for nobody.

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭
    Happy buffday sossidge! My allotment is also as dry as a.......a very dry thing
  • Options
    My birthday today and my wife and two daughters are taking me to Lincoln to see the Wizard of Oz pantomime, out for a few drinks later with the wife and some friends, tomorrow suffering, Saturday out with a big group of friends to celebrate my birthday/st George's day, Sunday more suffering but will probably go for a few pints to try and make myself feel better, which won't work. Monday day with the kids and eating loads of chocolate, would like to fit in a couple of runs somewhere during all that image
  • Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Happy birthday Deadstar and Sossidge! imageimageimage

My plans:

Friday - heading off into the peaks for a picnic and shenannigans

Satuday - digging a vegetable garden for a local charitable trust

Sunday - I'll be all on my own, writing my dissertation and hoping chocolate will cure my grumpiness

Monday - as for Sunday

Some running and biking will also be in there image

• Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)
    k8greene wrote (see)

I hate to say this but I really think you're right.

A warm spring does tend to precede a cool, wet summer. image

All we're left with is the hope of an Indian summer image 

Happy birthdays to TDS & Deadstar! image

• Options

Hello!

We're having a Mad Hatter's Tea Party for my sister's birthday on Saturday. We'll be serving Pimm's from teapots and Sambuca from medicine bottles (saying drink me on the label!) in chess piece shot glasses. Tomorrow I'm baking cakes all day and decorating the house and garden - got loads of crazy decorations. I'm dressing as Alice and my sister is dressing as a flamingo! Sunday will be a continuation of the party, no doubt, and Monday - recovery!

Can't wait!

• Options
    I'm not doing anything in particular. I have a cousin who lives two streets away for me, so I guess we'll just chill out, watch tv, and go for walks in the park. I will get the usual phone calls from family, from Germany, Spain, and Singapore- wish I could be at any one of themimage I don't like chocolate much, so if I get any Easter eggs I will give them awayimage
  • Options

i'll have them!! great running fodder!

Tonight - training at Luton then post Brighton/London drinks with Leighton Buzzard AC/LFun Runners in town

Friday - attempting a longish run

Sat - to Yeovil to watch Bournemouth win (hopefully!) and lots of beer...very athletic

Sun - recover

Mon - postponed LBAC handicap race

All good...

• Options

Thursday choosing between going out with friends or snacks and TV (body screams TV after two late nights out in a row).

Friday picnic in the park with friends.

Saturday dressing up as a witch, handing out home made happy easter cards in return for money or candy, then eating herring, boiled eggs with caviar. Then rifle shooting competition, bonfire and fireworks to scare away the witches.

Sunday tracking down last nights fireworks left overs so the cows won't eat them.

Monday picnic in the park.

Maybe a run or two thrown in there if the knee holds up.

• Options

Friday - working

Saturday - working

Sunday - working

Monday - working

Spare a thought for us air traffic controllers getting you away this weekend!!image

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    of work till Wednesday we do not work Fridays so get Tuesday instead

I am running and swimming nearly all the time
  • Options

Thursday - I move into my first flat - yippee! image

It's next to a lovely lake I have membership of, so I'll be in there at some point over the weekend.

I get my road bike back out of storage, so I'll go off on that too.

New running routes to explore as well.

Annoyingly I need to organise a washing machine, wardrobe, chest of drawers, getting locks changed and other moving-in things.  I may have my priorities wrong.

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

BBQ - image hate em.

Do I have to do anything? I was just going to do the same old same old. Taking an easter egg when we go see mil - not that she'll understand or even know what it is. oh well, it's the thought that counts. (prolly should just give her a bowl of sugar really).

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭
    zaba - I need to know more. witches? where?
  • Options

biker-bricky-mouse wrote (see)
    zaba - I need to know more. witches? where?

What you mean everyone doesn't do the witches thing on easter?!? imageimage

OK here it goes;

On Maundy Thursday the witches get on their brooms and fly to Bluehill where they dance with the devil (don't laugh). On Easter Eve they return and to prevent them coming down the chimneys stealing the kids we lit bonfires and shot off fireworks to scare them away. To symbolise this the kids dress up as witches like below and hand out home made happy easter cards in exchange for candy, fruit or money when knocking on peoples doors. So you mean like that easter is about chocolate bunnies and such and not about witches image

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Paskkarringar_1958%2C_2008.jpg

Typical Happy Easter card can have a daffodil, a chicken, egg and/or a bunny painted on them.
    http://media1.vgregion.se/vastarvet/KLVM/Foremal_bilder/21001/21%20929-28.jpg

Yes, agreed us Swedes are a bit odd image