Thursday 21st April 2011

Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
speed limit

Week has finished at work and i expect when i return next Thursday shall know more about my fate

So using my last chance for a week to get them lyrics - did not ever think i would like these guys but somehow managed to buy a cd of theirs the other year now love them

What: sleep, and a little run 3ish miles
Why: habit forming
Last Hard: Staying awake tonight
Lyrics: As above

Comments

• Morning

What;4M plod

Why: Legs are heavy and thighs stiff this morning. Fartlek session moved till tomorrow.

Yesterdays lyrics: Starship: 'We built this city.

Todays : Not at moment

Busy day yesterday, so catch up soon.

• Paddy: Well done on your 2:46image Thought I'd posted that above, oppsimage
  • I knew they were familiar but couldn't place them birkmyre.

So, is it the success you enjoy AF?

Hope you sleep better Pammie.

emzap - well done on winning your squash match.

What:                swim am/turbo pm
    Why:                  Thursday
    Last hard:        9/4
    Last rest:         8/4

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

@dy painful but thought it would be ok so went to core.  It was sore, but not too painful (as obviously core doesn't use my knees much!).  Then I cycled to work and wow, it's now very painful.  I have elevated it and it's got ice on it (I think my office mates are hoping I go and shower soon!).  I'm hoping it stops hurting soon as this will be a big set back if it does swell up.

Hopefully more gardening tonight (assuming knee isn't too painful!).

Hope you sleep better Pammie

Anyone got any nice plans for the weekend?

Have a good one.

• Morning all.

Still nothing. Calf still sore but i had this week planned off anyway. Off to see the wizard (tonight) the wonderful wizard of fizz. I'm hoping he can perform another messiah like miracle on me. Soreness is now more of a dull pain and i'm fairly sure that it wont be too serious.

AF - I enjoy the tedium!

Regarding breaks - as i said yesterday i had a seven year one and am running at 46 as good (better) than i ever was (even if Gobi describes me as an "old boy").

First wave of attack on the garden last evening helped by little 4 yr old Paddy - a huge help. Another attack over the next few days.

Talk Later

We know the Lyrics - apt.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    ouch emzap!
    my favourite de castella quote was something like "if you feel bad at 10miles you are in trouble, if you feel bad at 20 miles you're normal, and if you don't feel bad at the finish, you're abnormal"
    Still plugging away here , 5.5 steady yesterday, today will be 4 easy, as plan a 10-12 miler offroad early tomorow (forgot to eneter maidenhead 10, doh!)
    Weekend of cross training ahead: gardening, and redecorating the study, its like a bomb site/dumping ground for assorted cr*p. I suspect the bbq will also get a clean too
    Have a great weekend, and enjoy the sunshine!
  • MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Morning,

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome Pammie - in the meantime I hope you have a relaxing break.

Ouch Emzap! I was always doing that during my brief experimentation with cycling.

Good luck with the wizard tonight Paddy.

Ace quote, Dustin image

What: Nothing

Why: Rest week

Last hard: Finding a comfortable sleeping position that didn't aggravate my mangled toes or chafed body

Last rest: Yesterday

Lyrics: No

After a day of resting, ibuprofen and salt water the inflammation has gone down considerably and there's a lot less pain. Thankfully it's warm enough for flip-flops!

This weekend I'll mainly be chilling out at home doing very little. Work is closed most of next week, so I've booked the 28th as annual leave to give myself right up to the 3rd May off - really looking forward to it, as I haven't had a proper break since Christmas!

Have a good day everyone image

• mavamava ✭✭✭

morning

Ouch emzap. Hope there's no damage

I'm on leave today as I have my interview.   Gulp.  Then I work 3 days next week and them am off work until 18th May image

I did 20 mins of exercising and about 1 minute on the foam roller.  Hopefully I will be able to increase rolling time!  I would like to get to the point of being able to do a short run this weekend. 

Have a good day.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Good luck in the interview Mava image  Hope it all goes well.

Walking around the office is quite painful.  Am going to cycle home now, see how it is, then book a doc appointment this afternoon if necessary.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hi all

emzap I hope the knee settles and doesnt cause too much pain

Pammie, sleep well tonight

MadameO have a lovely long break!

Mava good luck to you

what: fizz

why: achilles

last hard: cycled to work yesterday

last easy: monday

Will have to gym lots and cycle at the weekend, cant stand not running((

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: AM rest
    Bike lunchtime
    Hills PM
    Why: I was knackered this morning so stayed in bed
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: in the past
    Lyrics: no
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    emzap - rotten luck with the freak bicycle bashing. Hope it's not too problematic.

I HATE gardening, which is what I spent yesterday doing - fortunately no grass to cut.

Ran 7.2 miles this morning, again without hardware. Had no hip flexor problems, though I suspect they will gradually creep back over the next few days. I think I set of rather too quickly as I was struggling to hold my form together over the last couple of miles. It was a bit odd, as breathing wasn't particulary laboured and legs didn't feel too weary - it just seemed that my legs wouldn't move as fast I wanted them to. Probable cause is knackered glutes as I've been working them pretty hard on the strength conditioning front.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Hello all!  Bit of a gardening them going on.... I had planned to do some today but I'm not going to!  It's actually raining here which is annoying cause I have two washes hanging out.... I'm leaving them in the hope its just a passing shower.

Pammie - hope you manage to have a restful night - try some Kalms image 

Mava - have a good interview, hope it goes well - hate them myself!

Today - went out for 0.7 mile warm up then 4 x 0.5 mile with 2 minutes recovery.  Half mile times were 3:05, 3:03, 3:08 with a heart rate of 145 during them and then a ridiculous 2:52 with a heart rate of 138 and it felt really easy.  Had to think about why I never got going until the last one because the first three felt hellish and all I can think of is that I didnt warm up for long enough and my body wasnt ready for it.  Note to self:  have long warm ups.  Ran about 1.7 miles warm down and then got home and took my new doggie out for a 3.2 mile easy trail run in about 30 mins. 

No clue on todays lyrics - but then I never do!! image

• Hope it goes/went well mava.

Emzap - I'd go straight to A&E if it's hurting enough for you to consider a doctors appointment when you get home.

MadameO - pawpaw cream is fantastic for chafed bits, not sure if yo can get it over here but worth searching for.

Paddy - fingers crossed for a little magic.

Hope you can let the work stresses go whilst you're off Pammie - I'm guessing there's nothing you can do that will make a difference anyway.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good luck mava! Hope you get the job. Lovely long break coming up for you and for Madame O.

I am planning on taking 2 days off next week - making the most of the fact that my boss will be out all week yet saving on my annual leave entitlement.

Pammie: fingers crossed life improves for you.

What: 6 miles and a few strides
    Why: easy day
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: no

Enjoy the Easter break!!
  • Afternoon all,

Pammie:  Hope things turn out OK for you.

LMUH:  If it's success I enjoy, no wonder I'm always miserable! 

Mava:  Knock 'em dead at the interview

emzap:  Ouch!

• What:  6m and a cold shower
    • Why:  It was hot
    • Last Hard: ?
    • Last Rest: last friday

Have a good one!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Cheers all got up at 10 so not quite a good sleep but expected as 6 hours seem to be my quota when working (thugh not while i'm working) A earlier tonight should give me a good sleep. Not thought of Kalms though Night nurse has been suggested as it does knock you out but not sure about that.

emzap - pleased about squash match but not your knee Owwwwwww

Madame O - Enjoy your break

Wabo - hope the fizz can help

Tom - I'm odd i actually like mowing once i get the mower out its just the other jobs weeding and so on i hate

LMUH - True best not worry about things beyond your control not easy though

Mava good luck at the interview

Ended up doing 3.74 miles starting easy getting quicker i blame 4 tracks on my mp3 (yes i sometimes wear one in training) by todays DTT artist last 0.74 @ 9:12 pace not fast but for me on a normal training run

• MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭
    Evening,

Thanks for the tip LMUH, will take a look. This morning I used a balm I got from the tattooist, and it does seem to be doing the job.

Hope the interview went well today Mava.

Nice 800s Don!

Was very excited to receive RW today as it's a Paula issue. Between that and the Finnish ginger biscuits I got from Lidl, I'm quite content.

The Easter break starts here, yay!! image
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Pammie - the problem I have with gardening is that Val and I have different ideas about what it entails. She's great with plants, plants in pots and shrubs....I just do along with it. The problem is that when it comes to the doing of it I get the hard work!!!!

If you think this is a gripeimage here's an example. We've lived in the same house for nearly 30 years - fab house, crap location. Back in 1983, Val brought back a little bay tree in a mini pot, thinking that it would be nice to have a few bay leaves to pop in the winter caserole.....Two years ago the bay tree was nearly 25 feet (yes 25) high and needed serious attention...that's the sort of gardening I get stuck with....so if you require the occasional bay leaf you know where to come.

• Tom - trees are a problem! We have huge trees on our property and it costs an arm and a leg to have anyone come and top them, so they just keep on growing. Always hoping that one doesn't fall onto the house in a big wind!

Madame O - must feel nice to have your marathon ticked nicely and out of the way, it's the sore bits that aren't so nice.

Chickadee - sounds like you are coming back nicely.

DonJshaw - nice 800s!

Mava - hope the interview went well.

Pammie - good luck on the job front.

What: Lawns - no run - decided to get them done and not do them next week.

Going to nephew's 40th tomorrow  3hrs drive away, staying the night there, so have done my 10 mile run this morning with my son-in-law,  then it is count down time for my marathon next Saturday.