Any new runners in Crowborough?

hey,

I've been running for about 4-5 months now, it's going quite well but I could do with some more motivation by having a running friend!
Anyone live in the crowborough area of east Sussex?
I'm a 27 yr old female and can usually be seen panting my way up and down crowborough hill at about 6pm!

Comments

• UltraCasUltraCas ✭✭✭

I've recently moved from near you but Crowborough Runners is a very friendly club and not everyone is a racing snake or super-competitive there.....I would try meeting up with them. I still belong to Heathfield Road Runners as I'm not so far away but they're also very friendly.

Most clubs will allow you to go along for a while before committing to joining too.

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

I used to run with Crowborough Runners when I lived nearer that way - Pembury  now.  They're a really great bunch and what I found really really good about them is they will NEVER leave a slower runner on thier own.  They've got a running track at the leisure centre so do you can do some track work if you fancy it.  I think the main meeting is on Wednesday nights and they often meet for weekend runs too and join in other races.  A really lovely bunch of people.

They meet in the leisure centre on the hill.

• Hi Chloe,

I have just started running again in Crowborough and am down to do the Beachy Head marathon a the end of October.

I am down on Western Road but as I don't get home till 7ish during the week I tend to start my run around 5am weekdays and 6am on a Saturday so I am back home by the time my girls have had breakfast.

If I do got out in the evening it tends to be 8:30ish before I get round to starting.

You're welcome to join me if you fancy an early morning run! (I'm a 37 year-old male).