the Royal wedding

I shall be painting the dog or walking the shed or summink else, but cheers for the day off

I shall watch the highlights of this though. LOL good old Channel 4 alternative wedding

Comments

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I shall be making merry in preparation for the start of my last year as a 20-something the next day image 

4-day birthday celebrations here I come imageimage

• I shall be driving, hopefully along apocalypse empty roads, to the nuptuals of my friends S&A.  Any form of public media will be banned.
  • Planning getting out of Brighton for a walk and picnic with wine. Followed up with hanging out on the beach and generally avoiding the media. Which does mean ifsonething dramatic happens i won't know ( unless i check fb or on here)
  • Sleeping ... I am living in South Korea ... There is a party at the Embassy and at the British Council ... but I will be avoiding both ...
  • Ignoring it. I don't know either of the happy couple so its none of my business.
  •  Well, if the supermarket's open, 'twill be a good time for the weekly shop.  I imagine that it will be rather quiet.

Or, extremely busyimage.

• I'll be working, the world of Air Traffic continues....

On the bright side i'll miss the wedding get a day in lieu for when I want and still make it to my friends barbie!!
  • ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Studying or catching up on paperwork for work. Might also throw in a run. image
  • Anything but watching it, washing my eyebrows repeatedly if necessary.  With the state the country's in and the state my life's in as a result, watching those two privileged prats getting hitched at our expense with all the accompanying bilious fawning would really not be a good idea.

Hmmm..... maybe I'll just work on taming the inner grumpy old woman instead!

• Hash. wrote (see)

Anything but watching it, washing my eyebrows repeatedly if necessary.  With the state the country's in and the state my life's in as a result, watching those two privileged prats getting hitched at our expense with all the accompanying bilious fawning would really not be a good idea.

Not entirely accurate, the public are paying for the security, they are paying for the rest of it themselves.
  • Hash. wrote (see)

Hmmm..... maybe I'll just work on taming the inner grumpy old woman instead!

image You, grumpy, never!

Jeepers, good news, the supermarkets will be open as normal. I think most shops and
    some banks are opening as normal too.

Moi, I'm working this Friday. I worked for a big retailer who will open all their stores and
    enforced everyone in this Friday. Knowing my firm, they will even open on Christmas Day soon.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I shall be working. Unfortunately, my job involves watching foreign TV. You'd be surprised how many countries shot their own royal families at some time in the past but now dote on ours.

I wish the young couple well but it's none of my business and I shall be doing my best to stay away from the whole shebang.

• Virtual (()) Hash - sorry about that.

I have nothing against some of the royals, there are those who put in a good effort, others, on the other hand. . .

What I dislike (and this applies to anyone) is the pretentiousness that plebs start to display the minute they hang themselves on the coat-tails of others more rich and famous than themselves. 

• M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    We'll be taking advantage of an extra day off work to take Little Miss W to see her grandparents.  We were hoping to introduce her to some of the bizarre traditions of my home town, such as Morris Dancing and Bun Throwing, but it looks like the weather won't be kind to us.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

I will be working. The NHS stops for no-one. I wish people would remember that when they are slating it.

I'll also be taking my collection of portable TV's in to work so that my elderly patients can watch 'The Wedding' as my NHS trust doesn't spend it's funding on modes of entertainment for sick people.

I'm not personally pro or anti, but I do acknowledge that this is a major and happy event in the eyes of many and in these days of doom n gloom anything that lifts the Nation's spirits has got to be a good thing.

I reckon the supermarkets will be packed!

• I'm off work, but the day comes out of my leave allowance.

Planning to watch it too, but won't be glued to the TV,and certainly won't be decking either myself or the house out in red white & blue.

• Wedding Day parkrun at Black Park, then doing my VAT return.
  • We're working...we're self employed so choose our own holidays....we didn't choose to take this one.
  • MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

No doubt I'll stick it on & get bored after 5 mins. I checked the tv guide last night, BBC coverage starts at 8am image

The government said that with all the doom & gloom going on at the moment we need something to celebrate. I think they've got the wrong idea of what will perk the general public up. A royal wedding certainly isn't it.

I know we're not picking up the whole bill, but when people are losing their job left, right & centre I don't think we really care about 2 rich kids getting hitched.

• JjJj ✭✭✭
    "I'm not personally pro or anti, but I do acknowledge that this is a major and happy event in the eyes of many and in these days of doom n gloom anything that lifts the Nation's spirits has got to be a good thing."
    yeh. well put. image

REALLY not fussed myself, but as a friend in the village has decided to throw a day-long party, starting at 9.30am with a Champagne breakfast, I thought it would be churlish to refuse.

The invitation says "hats may be worn".
    I has a hat. It MAY not go with the rest of the outfit. [giggle]

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I don't know what I'll be doing - depends on the weather as much as anything.  There will be a run at some point during the day, though.

What I WON'T be doing is watching the wedding, as I'll be at my Squeeze's house and he doesn't have a telly image

I take as much interest in it as I would in the wedding of any other couple that I have never met!

• I asked my boss if the workforce could have a hour off just to watch the wedding.
    Then afterwards we all back to work in fancy dress having a knees-up.
    Even thinking of hiring Chas and Dave for the music.

The boss said nooooooooooooooooooooo........

Lucky because Chas and Dave were unavailable this Friday.
  • Driving to my Mother's in North Yorkshire as it's the Dales Food Fair this weekend!  I was up there for the Queen's Gold Jubilee and the place was polluted with Royal-ist tat and Union Jack flags. I imagine it will be the same this year. 

I'm already snapping / growling at people in my office who will not shut up about the bl00dy wedding. I didn't go on this much about my own wedding.

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭
    I was hoping to kill 2 birds with 1 stone & have a BBQ at the same time but it starts so bloody early, I don't think the bf will be keen to light the thing at 6am.
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Going to a Royal Wedding party, of course!  To quote the host, "any excuse for a party", plus she's baked cakes and there will be alcohol there and everyfink.
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    Zackly. image you wearin' a hat too?
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Hadn't thought about a hat actually.  I've got a nice panama I could wear but looking at the weather forecast I'm not sure it will be entirely appropriate.  D'you think Kate's dress will have a hood?

Ah bollocks - 7,000+ posts and I forgot to celebrate!

• I'll be in Venice with my girl.

I'll be getting more than Wills.

Beat that, symbol of a busted empire!