Options

Paula Pulls out of Manchester 10k

13»

Comments

• Options

Now, After taking the time to read Paula's first book about her starting and upto about 2006, I'd like to take back my earlier comments, she's an inspiration - but I'm not qualified to say whether she's a quitter or not.

Not everything she's done has been perfect, but to read about her dedication was truly inspiring, and she seems a very personable character from her words.

• Options
    You don't get to be a world record holder without amazing dedication. The trouble with autobiographies is they are so often sanitised by the author that they are dull. Much better to have somebody else write it independently with a critical eye.
  • Options

Anyone for a sour grape.

I just don't understand why some people are so negative.  What has Paula Radcliffe done to deserve the negative comments?

I wonder in the same situation if we all would reap the benefits of being a professional athlete and having the ability to make some money as a result of hard work, dedication and talent?   Why not?

• Options
    Why not indeed. I just think the general public like honesty and Paula so never wants to offend anybody and ends up not saying anything controversial or meaningful. I think she is a fine example of an athlete but a poor example of a woman.
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

Bit harsh isn't it  - how does not being controversial make her a poor example of a woman ?

• Options

Bland white middle class girl who is happy with the status quo.

• Options
    BeetleBeetle ✭✭✭
    North London Runner wrote (see)

Bland white middle class girl who is happy with the status quo.

North London Runner wrote (see)
    Why not indeed. I just think the general public like honesty and Paula so never wants to offend anybody and ends up not saying anything controversial or meaningful. I think she is a fine example of an athlete but a poor example of a woman.
    And what do you do that  makes you interesting, controversial & meaningful ?
  • Options

I could be anything you don't know me but if I want to start a thread about me I'll let you know ducky

• Options
    BeetleBeetle ✭✭✭
    Indeed you could and no I don`t.  I wait with bated breath for what will no doubt be an interesting, controversial and above all, meaningful, thread.image
  • Options
    That's a funny thing to say North London, people are allowed to be famous and successful without being controversial, but she did once s**t in the street on TV, I bet you haven't done that - second thoughts noting the location
  • Options