Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Min well done on the lumpy bumpy 10k

Cabbey I haven't said this but....GO SICK...we need you on the Fri....party!!!!!!!!! image for the trip to Lyon

Becx I wear the lycra, I don't give a damn, they don't have to look at me if the don't want to!!

I'M GETTING MY NEW BIKE, it didn't take much persuasion

• So you didn't have to put the chastity belt on then RP? image
    Happy new bike.

Min, my manager was very scared at the prospect of seeing your "cross" face he said from now on to keep check how many meetings I'm missing per year,and he signed the holiday form image I think the fact that my branch is doing well helped image

I've just had to cut my intervals short as the blister on my big toe was knacking! Might do some stepping in a bit to make up for it!
  • morning all and yay Cabbey - glad I didn't have to come up there to sort him out!

I'm not a happy bunny this morning - trying to get an appointment with the fizz for asap image

what's caused the blister cabbey?

yay for the new bike RP!  Obviously just the threat of withholding certain favours did the trick image

• Im twitchy today, I can't sit still
  • I'm guessing it's due to Sunday which is looming up rather quickly!  Good luck !
  • Min umm rather! off to pilates in a bit, having a jogette to and from pilates as a final session. 
  • How did the physio go Min? Is it your shins still?
  • Hoping the fizz managed to fix you Min and that pilates calmed you nicely RP!  How fab does your trip sound Cabbey, I am very jealous of all your free time at the bar!

Rather unexpected 5 mile PB last night.  Only realised it was a PB today in fact!   Knew it was a course best time but hadn't realised that I race 5 miles so rarely that despite having a massive hill in twice and being far from a fast course it's actually my PB race.  I didn't even run particularly well, had a massive wobble on the hill second lap as my calves were very sore but managed to pull some time (and the several runners who passed me!) back on the run into the finish.

• Bliddy good running BecX - many congrats on that peebee image imageimageimageimage

Cabbey - i went to the fizz as one of my calves is very painful - I had to walk back to the car on Tuesday night image.  The good news is that with some ultrasound, a thing that gave my leg pins & needles, a good pummelling, a few days rest and a bit of heat and ice, I should be good to go soon.  Next sesh with him on Monday.  We think it's a combo of the way I was running to compensate for the dodgy shins, and also doing 2 hilly 10ks for 2 weekends in a row! 

RP - how did you get on with the pilates?  I gave it a go for a few months once but just didn't "get" it.  It didn't seem to do anything for me.

Morning all - t'is Friday, t'is the end of a very long week!

• Hello Folks!

Well, I just overtook Sberry on the fetch league image I'd be more chuffed, except she doesn't appear to be running this month. Is she OK? SBerry, if you're out there - are you OK?

MT is next on my buddy list to catch, but I don't think that's a go-er as she has a 70 mile head start!

Not nice out there this evening: as hot as just roasted chestnuts, and I made the mistake of running after a gym workout too. It was my arms for heaven's sake! How can I not run after working my arms??

Quite a good day today - successfully prosecuted my first case image OK, so he pled guilty - but a win is a win in my book! image

And I got my flight dates for September, so now I can start planning an action packed 3 weeks in UK image

Out for steak tonight, so I'd better go and freshen up! TTFN
  • Yo Farby image.  Throw some dates our way for September, but not the weekend of 24th, and we'll try and get something organised; you know the sort of thing, throw a sheep on the barbie and crack open the sherry!
  • Now Min, come on! You know I don't drink...
  • Farby wrote (see)
    Now Min, come on! You know I don't drink...

imageimage who is Farby kidding?!

Pilates was interesting, my abs ache today, so it must have worked. Im not sure if I would go again, it was too slow and a bit boring, really and I didn't learn anything new.

I have just spent a lovely day in Sheffield with my friend who came up from Wales ( her son is competing at Ponds Forge this weekend). Mind the parking is damn expensive and the driving is terrible! I was quite happy to cross the Lincolnshire boundary sign!

Right, must go pack. Have a good weekend!

• Hello, my name is Farby. I haven't had a drink in 40 days. image
  • must do something to help Farby out there - can we send barrels of sherry to you m'dear?
  • Morning all image

I am not a fan of pilates either... always wondered what it is supposed to do. I tend to like stuff that makes you ache a bit more.

Farby... are you serious... no alcohol for 40 days? image Surely that's an enforced thing image

Pegg... hows your blister doing? Mine is itchy as owt and driving me up the wall.

Glad your shins are better Min.

How was the tri weekend RP.... I think it was this weekend wasn't it?

I'm off tonight to pay the balance for India.... ooooo... it's all very real now! image

• Cabbey wrote (see)

How was the tri weekend RP.... I think it was this weekend wasn't it?

kn*ckering! 4hrs 19 mins on a really hot crappy corse!
  • Well done for the marathon RP - sure that sub 4 will be yours on a better day and round a better course!  Did think about you yesterday when I was out in the evening and it was still warm.  Amsterdam will be your sub 4 I am predicting!

40 days without drinking.... I managed a week when I was on the antibiotics a while back and was impressed with myself then!  I have stopped drinking in the week at all and do feel better for it!

Cabbey - reading your post first time I thought you were paying the balance off for India (i.e. paying off their national debt) - not sure exactly what I thought you were doing but it made sense in my head!  I love pilates but I do have a real hardcore teacher - my abs are always screaming me by the end of the session.

Glad the shins are feeling better Min and more importantly you've worked out why they were sore in the first place.

I am now a qualified "Leader in Running Fitness" having been on my UK Athletics course yesterday!  Plan is to start a beginners group with the club which a couple of us will share between us.  Not sure exactly when I became an expert but I really enjoyed myself yesterday and am already starting to look for other courses I can take!

•  morning all

had a week off running, going out a bit later

• http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/birthday/t3304.gif

Happy birthday Q; have a wonderful day with lots of cake!
  • Nice running RP - well done!

Shins are't nearly better and neither is my calf so  image

• Happy birthday Q - have a good birthday run!

((())) for your shins and more ((())) for the calf Min.  Hope you can get to the bottom of the problem soon.

Having a VERY quiet week at work.  Pretty much finished my tasks for today already....

• well done on your leadership thingie there, BecX - I was thinking of doing it a while back until i found my Tuesday night club.  Hope it all goes well for you and you find lots of beginners eager to let you lead them!

It must be quiet for you to be on the thread during the day!

•  well done on your qualification bec

(((()))) for your shins and calves min

thank you for the birthday wishes

• Happy birthday Q image

Well done on your fitness thingy Becx

Boo to the shins and calves Min image 

• I'm only 2 miles ahead of you Farbs! image 

Hi - and apols again for going awol for so long.  I was on hols for a week, then was ill for just over a week...anyway, back to training now (about time too, with just 13 weeks to go!) so did a 3miler last Thursday, 10 on Saturday, 3 Sunday and 5.7 of intervals this morning.  I hope I can stick to the plan for the rest of it!

I hope your shins and calf sort themselves out soon Min.  I seem to have a problem with blisters at the moment, so I can empathise with Cabbey.

And happy birthday to Q image

• Nice to see that you're managing to fit your traiing in now Pegg - long may it last image
  • Hi Folks image

And Happy Birthday Q!!! imageimageimage

No need to send sherry Min, we have plenty of booze here (OK, not the good stuff in the blue bottle...) but the alcoplop ban is voluntary. Having done 182 days dry I found that I didn't handle the alcohol so well. Not that I need to drink less to get drunk (unfortunately!), more like once I started I couldn't stop. Not wanting to break much more stuff(!), I felt the best thing to do was to stop until I feel better, and when there's less likelihood that it will become a problem on top of other problems. The good thing about starting a new job is that no-one knows you when you get here, so you can change big things like that and just be accepted that way. That's not to say I haven't had the 3rd degree from various people here, but it's just the way I am now. And it's not to say it's always easy, in fact being away from home again makes it quite hard at times, but I'm a stubborn cow and I will stay dry for every minute I'm here.

Besides which, I do far too much training here for me to go polluting my body with alcopoop! 3 months ago Pegg was somewhere off in the dim and distant, and I was never going to catch her! She just needs to go on holiday again so that I can build up a decent lead to defend! image I guess with marathon training though, I'm going to get left behind pretty soon. I run 3 times a week, swim twice and I have an upper body workout in the gym twice a week as well. The only time I don't train is at the weekend, and I usually play golf on Sundays anyway. Unfortunately I'm not losing any weight image but I am running, on average, about 1min/mile faster than this time last year. That's in temperatures of 30 degrees and approx 90-95% humidity. Problem is the UK will be so darned cold when I get back it won't make any difference to my PBs! image

RP - Im sure 4h19 is much better than I would have done, without a doubt! Good going!

((Min)) - I hope those legs sort themselves out soon. *healing vibes*

Must toddle off to bed now, and see if I can plan an 8-mile route for tomorrow.... *waves*
  • obviously that should read *training* image