Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• hi pegg well done on fitting in a squash match i haven't played squash for about 30 year's, i've got a run on sunday then i'm away on holiday from monday so won't get much running in

• hello, I have been a bad forumite, tis been quite a while since my last post. Unfortunately work has took over and the training is taking it's toll on my free time too!

I am trying to sort out my race diary for next year, as work want my holiday dates in for 2013/14image it doesn't help when the datesfor the tri's  aren't all out yet and the OH doesn't know which GB tri's to do (hmmmph I wish I had the choice).

S'berry I hope by now you have entered Jersey maraimage

I am also suppose to be out having a bash at a long run in prep for Budepest mara in 2 weeks, I have a case of cba's so can't see it happening today, maybe it was one race too many this year. I think Minardi will be dragging me round the course.

• Hello all image sorry not been around, but been having a wonderful time training imageimage

Back to swimming and boxing is just amazing, he has upped the stakes and I can keep up with what he wants me to do image I even got a couple of "impressed" from him and they are VERY rare image. Done a couple of runs during the week and just done 25k this morning image

Q hope you had a good run today and have a good holiday image

Pegg well done on the squash, hope you manage to use the gym next week image

RP I can't believe that you have to decide your holidays already!!! Hope you've been for your run if not *kick up the bum* and get out the door, you know you really want to image I've had my place for Jersey since May. I entered after I was disappointed with my time for the HM

After today's run, I've decided to run the marathon, I'd sooner fail trying rather than failing to try image They might be "whys" after, but they will be better that "what ifs" image

On that note I'm going to go and bounce around in my padded room imageimage
  • S'berry well done on going for it.

I decided not to bother with the run because I would get out there, be really p*ssed off about doing it and probably cut it short any way. This is my only day off for the next few weeks and resting is probably better for me. I will endevour to get my backside on the turbo trainer later tonight instead. On the plus side, I have ordered a new pair of shoes for Budapest, so time has been spent wisely!

• OK *takes kick back* only because it's your only day off for weeks (which is very mean of your bosses BTW) and I'm in an exceptionally good mood image and you've been using your time wiselyimage
  • RP you should have enough mile's in to be able to run budapest in 2 week's, hope you had a good day resting

well done on the run this morning s'berry and well done on the swimming and boxing

i ran 9 mile's this morning now looking forward to my hol's tomorrow

• Wow... Well done on the training everyone. Sounds like you're all doing amazing.

Glad to hear you're doing Jersey S'berry, I bet you'll do a great job of it!

I'm up to 8.3 miles on a 8 run 2 min walk and with 10 weeks to go to my marathon I'm feeling confident I will be able to do enough to get round. It won't be a great time but I'm grateful to actually enter a race this year. My ankle is a little sore today, but that always happens after a lay off running and I was expecting it. I may have to cross train for a couple of days just to make sure all is well.
  • imageimage Cabbey you will be fine, I am sure.

Q I hope your right, I haven't run any furthur than 13 miles recently, but I know I have the aerobic fitness to get me round. I will just treat it as a running tour of the city of Budepestimage I also see your in my neck of the woods, have a good holibob

• Hello all image

Cabbey how's you ankle? Hope things are OK and it was just precaution.

RP bet you'll still fly round!!

Had a great boxing session tonight, but was very image when he told me the time he thinks I can do Jersey in!! ..... I will not listen to him...... I will not listen to him...... although it would be niceimage ...... I will not listen to him.... I will not.....
  • Hello all

S'berry - sounds like you are going to be breaking some recordsimage

I am slowly getting back into running..most  have managed is 4 miles. Ankle feeling much better but I have lost so much fitness...can't run 4 miles without walking some!

Got my VLM rejection mag today...not going for another charity place having done VLM for the last three years in a row it is time for a change! Bring on Brighton!image

• Yeah, you don't need VLM, there's plenty of others to do! I've done London 6 times and even if I wasn't forbidden to run that far now I wouldn't want to do it again. Got in by the ballot twice, 3 times booked a trip from Germany (package deal with hotel, flight, race entry, bus to the start),  and ran once in the Flora team when they were still the sponsors, because the boss's daughter injured herself, my brother worked with her and suggested me as a sub. I didn't say no!

• I spent the day comiserating people who I was delivering the reject mags to! I am pleased I am away from the maddening crowd........there again marathons are a damn sight cheaper than triathlon! image

• There's an "Autumn Festival" today in our town starting at 11:30, I shall investigate.

• Morning all

How was the autumn festival BI?

Well done on the running MWW.

Well my run didn't happen yesterday woke up feeling bleugh, so thought that rest would be better. I can't get my head around the fact that I'm doing another marathon on Sunday, I must be mad. So it's a gentle week on the exercise front, but the main focus is getting my head back into a positive place image
  • The fest was a middle ages thing, all the stall holders dressed in costume and straw on the ground. It was small but nice.

Still got that stomach flu going around, I've had a relapse today and OH called me just now to say he's not feeling well either. So now I'm back to being hungry but unable to eat anything without it re-appearing. Sorry to sound like a moaning minnie but this is really becoming tiresome.

• s'berry snap, I am fighting a cold off but doing the other option, training it out of my system! as yourself, it is time for Budapest mara at the weekend, Minardi is dragging me round.

BI it's horrible stomache flu because you feel ok between bouts of sickness!!

I dod do a 10k race yesterday, it was really windy but manage a sub 49 mins even with a cold, so that will do.

Off to the running club tonight to give them a boot camp circuit training session, I am sooo loking forward to it!

• (()) BI hope you are feeling better soon

RP well done on a speedy 10k especially with a cold. Hope you are feeling better for Sunday. Did the running club survive your boot camp circuit training?

Good luck to you both RP and Min for Budapest image

I went for a swim yesterday and am dressed in my running kit for a nice gentle run this morning
  • hi S'berry, they did indeed survive, but I reckon a few of them will be sore tomorrow.

I think I might need the good luck for Sunday and good luck to you too for Sunday!

I will pass the message on to Min

• He he job well done then RP, and despite their moaning, I bet they secretly love it image

You'll be grand for Sunday, anyway I'm keeping all the luck image cos I'm selfish like thatimage, more like I need it more than you guys image Seriously though have a great time both of you image

Yes please pass on the message to Min, and a hug too, as it sounded like she needs one.

Did you manage to sweat your cold out? I seem to have a sore throat that comes and goes and a runny nose only when running - don't know what that's all about?
  • Hope you are feeling better BI

Well done on the 10k RP, good luck to you and min for Budapest

Good for your marathon s'berry
  • Hi S'berry yes I have managed to stop the cold in it's tracks, thank dog!

Q thank you, I think I might have to pencil in another 10k this year, I think itis time I got a new PB!

• Best of luck for tomorrow to Sberry, Minardi, RP and anyone else racing who I have missed out!  Have fun image

• Hi Pegg image how are you? How are things going?

Right off to go and find my wellies for tomorrow or maybe a snorkle would be better image
  • Good luck to our racers this weekend.... Min, Odie, RP and S'berry. Have a fab race one and all x
  • Afternoon all - I'm back, finished, showered, changed and sat on the sofa with my feet up image

Oh yeah also got new shiny PB imageimage 4.15 imageimage will do report on Fetch in due course image

Hope everyone is having a good weekend image
  • 4:15?!!!  That's an awesome time Sberry, huge congrats to you.  I hope you've got lots of treats coming your way, you deserve them imageimageimage

• Thanks Pegg to be honest I can't actually believe it image you never know it might sink in one day along with the Jungfrau-Marathon image
  • I've got terrible aches in my legs Sberry...can't imagine why imageimage

• LOL Pegg so have I for some strange reason image

Just had a massage and she reduced me to tears when she worked on my right ITB, now I feel totally and utterly exhausted so am chilling on the sofa whilst dinner is cooking image

Can't wait to hear how Min and RP got on image

Hope everyone had a good weekend image
  • Huge congrats on such a fab time S'berry... A time to be truly proud of image

You deserve a good chill out after that...and wine too, even if it is a school nightimage

Hi Pegg how's things with you?

I'm back running again, I have to do it slowly and just be grateful to run at all this year so Cayman Islands marathon will definitely be a "get round in one piece" but that will make my day if I do that, so it's all good image