Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Evening all image

RP that must be fab buying running gear for little RP. Hope your calf gets better... I always think calves are a blooming nightmare... too tight and they can give you everything from calf pain to PF image

MWW, great to hear you're back running. I have discovered rowing lately too... it's a good workout isn't it?

I'm well chuffed to say I managed 12.6 miles today in the new Hokas. They are really good and I think I've found the solution. I'll wait until they are about 6 weeks old and if they are still as good as now I'll invest in the trail version. My current trail shoes feel too small now. I'm keeping them though... I did my first ultra in them... it's a sentimental thing image

• good evening all

well done on GER, RP and well done to mr RP

good running MWW

well done on your run cabbey glad the shoe's are working out

there's a marathon in great yarmouth tomorrow but as i'm not ready for it so i'll be running 12 mile's instead

• Well I've just done 2.5miles on the treadie.  It's way too hot in my office for running and I don't think the bowl of chilli and two slices of chocolate cake that I had for tea helped, but it's taken me to 8 miles this month - my highest mileage month this year!  I guess 2012 isn't going to be a record breaking one ha ha image.

I hope you had a good 12miler today Q?

Glad to hear the shoes are okay (for now anyway) Cabbey.  You're making fast progress already.

Great to hear that you're back at it MWW.

Best of luck to little RP for the XC!

Well the weekend is almost over image  Here's to a happy Monday for everyone image

• The weekends go far too fast Pegg image

Well done on the treaddie run and thanks for the comment re fast progress... I'm tryingimage

Hope you got to do the 12 miler and all went well Q
  •  well done on the treadie run pegg

thre run went quite well the first time i've ran that far for over a year, it was nice to run pain free although i still haven't got full movement with my shoulder

• Well done all. Agree the weekends go too fast, I would like to have a 4-day work week and a 3-day weekend.

1400m swim done yesterday. OH did a 5km run with Nemo and then a 1200m swim.

We're concerned about Charly, he seems to drink a lot of water and pees a lot too. I timed him this afternoon and he urinated for 30 seconds straight. Phoned our vet and was told to measure how much water he drinks in a day and bring the result with a urine sample for testing.

• Where is everyone? Had to rescue the thead from page 2!

Off for usual Sunday morning swim session. Yesterday it snowed here most of the day, stopped in time for dog club but there was a bitter wind blowing straight across the field. The dogs didn't seem to mind it! Charly is coming along nicely, attentive and trotting along by my side. When I first get him out of his kennel, he pulls me right to the table we have in front of the fence, puts his front paws up and waits for me to lift him up onto the table! Then we practice the sit, down and stay positions.

• Evening all.

Well done for Charly and his progress. Lincoln did his longest run yesterday of 14 miles with Graeme. He's definitely a runner, we are going to buy him a proper running harness now I think
  • Busy,busy and oh yeah busy. In need of a holiday
  • Got a cold - boo hiss. Friday and yesterday my nose was running faster than Usain Bolt's legs, but today I can't breathe properly.

• Gunpowder Plod tonight in York..looking forward to it, despite the lack of training (a common theme for me!).  It's going to be a cold one, but the forecast is for clear skies so the fireworks should be awesome image

• Good luck for the race Pegg... keep wrapped upimage

Hope the cold goes soon BI

• Good luck Pegg

A whole week of no training thanks to a cold, last night I had to resort to knocking myself out with a sleeping pill to get myself to sleep because I was coughing so much
  • 2000m pre-breakfast swim today - our pool opens at 06.45 two days a week for early morning swimmers.

• Thanks!  I did it, despite the race start being delayed by nearly an hour which meant that by the time we started, we'd been stood in the cold in tshirts and running tights for two hours and my feet had gone completely numb.  The fireworks were great, but the organisers had some issues which they'll have to sort out before they try and host it again...

• Well done Pegg image hope you have thawed out!!

Hello all, hope you are all well image
  • well done Pegg

still no training as I am still pooly...boo hiss

• NOT good RP!  I hope it ups and goes quickly x

Thanks Sberry...it did take a while to get the toes/fingers/nose etc back to normal again!

• Pegg I am totally fed up with it, being sensible I thought doing no training would help the body get rid of it quicker... Wrong. There is no point going to the quacks as it is a virus( someone at work tried the anti b's with no success) I did go swimming today as I am now going to beat it into submission!!!!
  • Morning all

Pegg - well done on your run!

Bi and RP - hope you are both feeling better now?

The week started well for me, a nice 5 mile run on Monday but from Tuesday I have also had a coldimage Coughing like crazy now. Going try to go rowing tomorrow and hopefully back to running next week!

• (((()))) for you MWW, fingers crossed it won't linger.

I'm still not 100% today, so had an afternoon of Greys anatomy marathon catch up!
  • ((())) for MWW and RP hope you are both feeling better soon!!

Hello everyone else image hope you are all well nd fighting fit image
  • I hope the germs have taken a hike now MWW and RP...I've been sniffling for over a week now but it's not really coming to anything or going away, so just a bit irritating really!

I'm working from home today and I've got my running kit on...so as long as I remember to keep drinking this morning and grab something to eat around 11am I should be good to go for a run at lunchtime image  It'll be the first time I've run in daylight in ages!

So I know some of you are entering crazy races next year...does anyone have any kind 10kms lined up in the spring?

• Morning Pegg yipppeee a daylight run image

There is a 10k over here in Aprilish time image nice and flat, sea view,and a room available here image Have I sold it t you yet?
  • Evening all.... Didn't dare post with all those germs hanging roundimage Hope you're all fighting fit now!

Sorry, I have no idea about 10Ks Pegg. I avoid them like the plague.

I've just done my very last interval session until after the marathon. I look like a wrung out wet rag, it's not prettyimage
  • Well done on the interval Cabbey

Think I must have scared Pegg off

Hope everyone has go over their various bugs and are all fighting fit again image
  • Hello all

Cabby - can't get over how quickly you have got your training back up to sxheduleimage

Pegg - did you run? I have entered one localish H/M in March and Brighton Marathon in April, but will have to see how it goes!

S'berry - flat sounds goodimage

My cold is nealry gone image have done a couple of runs this week and some gym work and rowing! It has been difficult becasue my OH is away in the states  and I have had to fit in around work and family stuff! May get another run in this morning! Have a good weekend everyone!