Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Merry Christmas everyone!  Put the turkey in to cook and did a short run with the dogs, then hubby went out with Nemo for a 10km while I finished the dinner off with some help from Charly! Indulging myself at present with a nice snifter of brandy. Will exercise it all off tomorrow........

• 2000m swim this morning - oh boy, was it busy - even in our two fast lanes there were more swimmers than I've seen for quite a while. Must be a lot of people trying to work off their Christmas dinners!

• Hello all

Another very wet day here! Hope you have all being enjoying your Turkey and Christmas pud?

I have eaten so much  Ithink I am going to burst! I have managed three runs this week with 8 mile LSR today, My schedule did say 10 today but given lack of running since the summer I could only manage 8. Not too concerned and hope to back on schedule within the next week or soimage

• Happy New Year all - wishing you all a happy, safe, fun and healthy 2013 image
  • NYE run today,OH ran the 10km with my dog Nemo. As neither Charly nor I are up to 10km yet, we did the 5km Nordic Walking, I honestly estimated it would take me about an hour but was amazed to finish in 41mins for 3rd place lady! Have to admit Charly did a grand job of pulling me along maybe a bit faster than I would have gone on my own!

I wish everyone a safe, happy and healthy 2013 - may all your dreams come true and may you always run in sunlit forests.

• Happy New Year everyoneimage

• NY Day run done, about to do some weights and core work which is desperately needed after the excesses of the holiday season!

Hope you all had a great NYE

• Happy New Year!  I see lots of people have been out and about adding to their 2013 tally already - I've kicked mine off with a short plod this morning.  It wasn't the best but I did what I aimed to do and that's all that counts.  Roll on the beef wellington my OH is making for dinner!  image

• Yeah Pegg - great start.... oh can I come for dinner, haven't had beef wellington for years and years... sounds much nicer than our roast beef image

I went out for a little 10k with Aberry for company on her bike, was only meant to do 5 - 8k but I got confused with the turn around pointimage
  • Hello all

Pegg - great start, well done. Enjoy dinnerimage

SBerry - well done on the 10Kimage

I did 5 miles this morning, lovely morning. Have just been for a walk with OH!

• Jump on a plane quick Sberry - it's already in the oven!!  I can't wait though, it smells awesome.  I loved his "can you come into the kitchen a minute please?"

"ok, what do you need me to do?"

"just be there...I've not done pastry before"

And of course, he did it just fine image.

Good going MWW with your run and walk today...best to clock them up early in the year, then you can relax later on!

• Sorry Pegg couldn't get the flightimage hope it turned out better than my roast beef, then again it couldn't turn out any worse!!!!

Well done on your run and walk MWW - hope things are still going well image

I hurt today - had boxing last night and I think he was trying to kill me image The plan for today is to just keep moving, have a feeling if I stop I won't start moving again image
  • Happy 2013 everyone image

Hope you're all well.... I smelt the talk of food and found my way onto here image... You're not allowed to talk of beef wellington though Pegg because I can't have it (although Mr T makes a mean vegan version of it and he's just as good at it as he is the beef version). I saw your piccy of it on FB... very good!

I'm a bit pleased with myself as I've started "sprouting". Haven't tasted my offerings yet as the first lot aren't ready until tomorrow but I now have a sprouting kit to do all beans and seeds. I have also found a vegan tuna recipe *drools* It's probably the only thing I really miss, so I'm giving that a bash tomorrow too.

So, (for those who don't know) I still have a pot on my ankle. It comes off Jan 15th (counting the days...) and Llanelli ultra (yet again) is out. Que sera...

UI. glad to hear you're back running again... you too Pegg, fab news! Have you picked a new target for 2013 yet S'berry?

I'm hoping to be "up and running" again ready for Connemara in April

• Oops, sorry, forgot to say well done to you too MWW, hope things are well with the family?

• Oh Cabbey you're not having much luck at the moment - but love the very positive attitude image

Got some plans for 2013 but not found the "one" yet - still looking image

Had a totally amazing boxing session today image loving it (remind me I said that when I can't move tomorrow image
  • Ta, Cabbey, did 10km yesterday - but very slowly! Still, it's a start.

• I've managed three short runs and a swim session this week, so the year is off to a good start image.  Fingers crossed week 2 will be as good, although time might be an issue because I'm on a course for two days and we seem to have a couple of nights out - very unusual for us!  If it all goes to plan, I should be playing squash tomorrow, running Tuesday lunchtime, yoga Tuesday night, climbing Wednesday night and climbing Saturday morning (if I'm not too hungover!).  I'm hoping to get two more runs in somehow so that I can keep to 3 runs a week...might be tricky though!

Well done BI on getting back into it.  Are you getting any pain, or does it feel ok?

We bought boxing gloves and pads yesterday Sberry.  Your posts reminded me how much I used to enjoy that part of my old PT sessions image

Only 9 days til it comes off Cabbey, and then you'll be flying again I'm sure image

• Pegg, I'm doing fine with the new hip, get a very occasional slight twinge around the scar site but what concerns me more is the other side either has  developed sciatica or what seems more likely, piriformis syndrome. My right leg keeps going numb from my glute down through the hamstring and all the way down to my foot, sometimes the only way I can get comfortable is by sitting on a tennis ball! Going to see the doc about it. Maybe all I need is an injection and some massage therapy. I refuse to give in to something else just when I'm through with my hip recovery.

• GP says it's a pinched nerve problem ad referred me to the orthopaedist.

• Morning all image

Well done on your training Pegg - happy boxing it is great fun image

BI - hope you get a quick appointment

My training is going OK, having fun at boxing but still working hard, running is going OK, nothing to write home about, but I'm out there running so not going to complain, swimming isn't happening at the moment, but I will get back to it at some point!!!
  • Got an appointment for 09:30 Monday morning.

Here's an updated pic of our young dog Charly, now almost 8 months old and coming along nicely.

/members/images/6763/Gallery/AA009A_0.jpg

• I hope you can get the nerve problem sorted quickly BI...especially when you've been counting down the days!

Well done Sberry - I keep seeing your blogs popping up, the progress you've made/are making is awesome!

I put off Tuesday's lunchtime run to Thursday night as I was snowed under with work.  Thursday and Friday I was on a training course which put me in a really really bad mood - very unlike me - so Thursday night I just sulked, but last night I put the trainers on and went out for a mile.  I ended up doing 2.5 so that psychology seems to work!  I'm running again this morning with a friend - probably just another 3miles as I'm working up to bigger numbers slowly.  I'm still getting shin splint type pains so I need to google what is causing them and how I stop them etc etc. although swapping my trainers seems to have lessened it.  And then it'll have to be another mile on Sunday to fulfil my personal pledge - run 3x per week in January...minimum 1mile to count.  It's certainly helping to push me out of the door!

Neither night out happened for us as friends were ill image, so they've been postponed to February image.  I have managed to play squash, go climbing and go to my first yoga class since 1998!  So although the mileage is building up slowly, I've certainly been more active than pre-Christmas.  And two pear trees arrived in the post yesterday so at some point this weekend I'll be down the allotment digging holes for them to go in...

• Hello all

BI - hope you get that sorted quicklyimage Lovely picimage

SBerry - you are doing so well, I haven't done much swimming either...hopefully get back in the pool next week!

Pegg - well done on getting out there! Hope the shin pain eases.

I only managed a 4 mile run on the treadmill during the week as my neck was sore but I did some classes in the gym instead! I managed 12 very, very slow miles this morning (2 hour 24 minutes)...very windy and cold out there!

• Ortho appt today, he said it sounds like a slipped disc and referred me to x-ray. The pictures showed deterioration of the padding between all my lower vertebrae. Doc says no actual slipped disc, it's natural wear and tear due to the aging process. image

Got a series of appointments for physical therapy. But the good news is Doc Becker says to keep up my sports. image

• Hi folks,

sorry have been on for  a while, heating went in house, waited for  a month for a new boiler, car was pranged before Christmas and wife had a wee health scare, but all ok now. Still running with works group and coaching kids hockey. No snow in Peterhead, just everywhere else !

• We had lots of snow but now it's ice - very nasty. Thank all the gods we don't have to go to work tomorrow, it's an American holiday and as both of us work for American concerns we get both the German and the American ones.

• BI - hope the healing process goes well and that is a huge plus getting to keep up the sports ! Hope you have enjoyed the time off !

Pegg - shin splints - not sure what the remedy is ? Hope the pain passes and you continue to build up your miles bud !

S/berry - keep going, doing well bud !

MWW- 4 miles on the treadmill ( dreadmill  !), hats off to you, i find the treadie hard going, refer on the street. well done for the 12 miler !

Hi Granda Q !

I was out on Sun did 8.5 miles, some with work group and then on my ownsome. Nice and slow, but very cold, some patches of ice, but hardly any snow,Our base was winded off yesterday, strong winds and sea breaking over breakwaters, so our works group tried the track last night, some managed a couple of laps, but had to stop to bitter cold.Base still closed today .

• Hello all i hope everyone is keeping well.

my year is mapped out nicely and after suffering a torn achilles at the later end of the year, i am now on track with ironman training. the running is now up to half mara distance and next month i have entered Stamford 30km, with a view to maybe doing Windermere mara. For UI, I smashed a 44.5mile turbo session in 2 hrs this week

Peggy shin splints probably too means too much high impact, normally made worse by running down hill. Not a lot you can do about it except stretch and eventually it will disappear. Are you doing Jantastic?
  • Jantastic??!  Whatever is that RP?

Glad to hear you're getting back to training properly again.  Someone else mentioned too much high impact - I'm still doing the squash, yoga and swim lessons which don't give me shin splints at all, but I've not actually made it out for a run for two weeks now so I'll have to see how they are when I do go.

Good to 'see' you again WHH

I hope they're getting that back sorted out for you BI.

Have a good week everyone image

• Hubby swam 1000m in the annual triathlon gala yesterday - in 17:04! Won his age group and beat a lot of the younger ones too!