Wednesday 4th May

Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Just as long as you are there

Great song imo first done back in the 60s a cover version just as good if different mafe in the 80s by 2 great men of rock

What: 7½ mile cycle very pleasant/ run 2-4 miles/ 7½ mile on ther bike again
Why: its that endurance God i aspire to be
Last Hard: Sunday

Sleep first - well food first

Comments

• Morning peeps

What:4.5M Plod

Why: Just never 'clicked' / got going this morning

Lyrics: Todays - Yes. Good choice.

Day off work today as going to my Uncles funeral in Edinburgh.

Catch up properly soon.

Yesterdays lyrics: Temptation by Heaven 17

Paddy: Oldest son loved his trip to Dublin/Galway Bay.

• Morning.

BSCDB - hope that whatever the 'issue' is it resolves itself soon.

birkmyre - hope the funeral goes ok.

Pammie - are you feeling a little more settled now?

What:               LSR
    Why:                 it's LSR day
    Last hard:       the hill
    Last rest:         25/4

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: maximal 600s d&d
    easy run lunchtime ??
    10 mile bike TT PM
    Why: Wednesday is here again :¬)
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: March
    Lyrics: Yes
  • "Issue" will take a few weeks to sort out, having running as my focus will help me deal with it.

What: Upper body strength
    Why: 'cos I like it
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: yesterday

Glad I did nothing this morning, just feeling a little tired. Ankle more or less fine, was flying down the stairs this morning.  Hopefully with a decent night's kip I will have a good intervals session tomorrow and that will set me up nicely for Shiplake 10k on Sunday.

Hope today  is not too distressing birkmyre and that you have some happy memories to treasure.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

LMUH - Thanks for asking not quite at the moment but boss talked with me last night with a possibility she has to chat with another woman i'll guess i'll find out when i return to work tomorrow week. Still at work tonight though its not ideal but i think it was Stickless who said a while back that you have to do what is right for you in this moment or words to that effect.
    I don't know about dualathons need to speed up a bit first

• Afternoon all,

Being out of circ for a few days due to slipping on some black dog poo.  Mrs AF and I seem to have completed the first 20 of our marriage marathon today.  The next 6 is where it get's tough.  image

• What:  5m
    • Why:  hanging in
    • Last hard:  ?
    • Last Rest:  Yesterday

Have a good one!

• Only thing worse than the black dog, is black dog poo image
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    AF - for me and mine it's coming up for 41 yrs, mind you we haven't spoken to each other for the past 37 image
  • Afternoon.

4 miles slow run d&d - all seems well and i will be back in full flow v soon. Felt good and no reaction in calf, except for a residual feeling from the stitcher's needles.

Looks like i'm ready for the return - just as the Sun turns to Rain - Typical!!

2000m swim also to keep the enduring endurer's head above water. I'm no Triathelete!!

AF - Shoot the dog...... now

Birks - glad to hear the eldest enjoyed himself.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Birkmyre hope the day went well. Well as well as things can go in the circumstances

Back from 4.11 miles avg HR 132 thats lowest for quite sometime 2 lower than sunday so makes e think that run wasn't a fluke

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    flying visit from me....
    congrats AF & Tom, not quite in your league (14 yrs this month) we do still have the occasional word when we pass on the stairs though....
    Birk - hope it went well.. (As can be expected)
    Running been sporadic, but constant - missed 3 days last week, was in NY Weds-Sat , business sadly so little chance to run, but been averaging 25-25 mpw...
    Club last night was 5x~800 tempos on hilly circuit with 200 recovs
    Today - 6m easy recovery...
    Will have a brief read back....
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Birk - hope it went ok today

What: 1.7 miles, wanted to do 3 miles but legs were in too much pain and I had an awful stitch I couldn't get rid of so cut the loop short

Why: Need to get back to it after the many bank holidays!

Last rest: Monday

Last hard: that was!

Lyrics: Don't think so

Have a good evening all

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

What: hill session
    Why: its Wednesday

Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 70 something weeks ago.

Last lyrics: ?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Congratulations AF. I was a late starter - 6 years for us, also this month, going to celebrate with a week in Whitby - we know how to live!
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

I did a 4.1 mile handicap race tonight and won!!! Yay!  I was given a handicap of 2 mins, meaning I should have taken 28 minutes to complete the course. 

In the end, I took 26:11 and was first finished - so I won the club trophy for the month!  Nice!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Hi all

made my debut for 2nd claim club tonight in the RR10 series (summer X Country in the New Forest)... 4.8m in 31:45 (ave 6:37) very dusty and insect ridden... (and bitten) splits6:32, 6:25, 6:53, 6:42, 5:10 and came 50th male.

2.6m warm up and cool down so a good evening all in all

Take care

• NZChristineNZChristine ✭✭✭

Donshaw - congrats on the club trophy! Sure your handicap will be toughter next timeimage

AF - Happy anniversary!!

Dustin - shame you didn't get much time to run in NY - just typed that and thought - mate guess there is much more you can do in NY than run!!

LMUH - how far was your LSR?

What: 6 miles followed by lawns.

• SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Happy anniversary AF and Mrs. Don't know that it does particularly get tough in those particular years though. Unlike running, the catch is that you can't see the tough years coming and you don't know how long they'll last. Always seems too long and too hard when the tough years come, and patience is never in sufficient supply. Training discipline useful in both though situations. We're heading for 33 years. Life's a bit easier now than it was a couple of years ago, thank G. for that!

Black dog poo - yuck!

BCDB - you take care too.

Dustin - shame to have to spend your time in NY working, although not sure that I'd spend free time there running.

Pammie - hope something ok works out.

Well done Don! Enjoy the trophy.

Birkmyre - hope the day was ok.

Me? A pretty frantic day. Started with 12 things on the To Do list, crossed off 14 but meanwhile the list had grown to a total of 23 things, so overall, I'm scarcely keeping up. Need to keep up as heading over to see my Ma next week. Wanted to get a run in, had a lot of errands to run, so ran the errands, literally. About 5 miles, and it was not easy, and I am on the edge of not walking right at the moment. Stress does that.

However, I feel that the inflammatory stage is now over - fewer sweats and shivers, decent sleep, headache over. Pieces still to pick up, but that is what our job always is. Me, you, all of us. It's little different who or how fast we are. We may think we run on the flat, on nice road surfaces, but we don't, as we all know - just have to read the thread to see that. It's hilly and rocky with blind corners, insane ascents and dizzying descents including sudden drop offs. And black dog poo. Just keep on going.