Woodland Half-Marathon

2»

Comments

• Oh dear there are a lot of people getting hung up over a T-shirt! I totally disagree with the comments about this race being poor value for money. I'm only too aware that great venues do not come free and this was a fantastic course in terms of scenery, well worth the money. I had a thoroughly enjoyable run, the marshal support was fantastic. I also had to collect my race number on the day but this was unproblematic - clearly there had been a problem with race packs but this was quickly remedied on the day, nothing worth complaining about! I completed this race last year and was pleased to see the organisers had taken on board the feedback from last years' runners - there were more toilets this year, an extra water station, and the start was in a much better location. Race results published 2 days after the race is fine by me - it's bank holiday for goodness sake, give them a break! The medals were of a good quality. Overall a great race, well done FatFeet!
  • Hi Burgsrunner,

I don't agree with your view (but that's what opinions are for): we are not hung up over a T-Shirt. I have done quite a few races now and the goody bag, medal and speed of putting up results compared to other races were bad. That's all.  Just a comparison.

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭
    BurgsRunner wrote (see)
    Oh dear there are a lot of people getting hung up over a T-shirt! I totally disagree with the comments about this race being poor value for money. I'm only too aware that great venues do not come free and this was a fantastic course in terms of scenery, well worth the money. I had a thoroughly enjoyable run, the marshal support was fantastic. I also had to collect my race number on the day but this was unproblematic - clearly there had been a problem with race packs but this was quickly remedied on the day, nothing worth complaining about! I completed this race last year and was pleased to see the organisers had taken on board the feedback from last years' runners - there were more toilets this year, an extra water station, and the start was in a much better location. Race results published 2 days after the race is fine by me - it's bank holiday for goodness sake, give them a break! The medals were of a good quality. Overall a great race, well done FatFeet!

If the fee was to include an event t-shirt then you should get an event t-shirt, it's as simple as that. 

I would be well p*ssed off if I was Mark and didn't get the trophy that was advertised not that I would ever win a race (congrats by the way).

Maybe I'm being cynical but you've only ever posted 3 times and all in relation to Fat Feet events?

If your name is Holly as you state in your first ever post then why do you not appear in the results above?

I did email Fat Feet to find out about the t-shirts but have heard nothing as yet.  I thought they might reply to this thread about the concerns raised and they may still do so but I fear you are linked to them in some way which doesn't bode well.  

• I've posted my thread when my partner's was logged in. Apologies. In response to some of the above comments, yes I do know some of the fatfeet team and I acknowledge that this may make me more biased but I don't think it means I can't review their races. I don't run too many races but because I live near to the fatfeet race venues, and because I know some of the team, I am more inclined to enter their events; hence why my previous threads are fatfeet related- although I had intended to post a review for the Edinburgh 10km last night but couldn't find one! I do understand the whole t-shirt issue, I'm just saying that I enjoyed the race overall.
  • Good Morning fellow runners.
    Unfortunately I am about to add fuel to this fire. Up until the end of the race last Sunday I was a big fan of Fatfeet events after running Bourne last year. I feel their whole ethos was finding an event that was different and they focussed on the runners needs but that whole focus seems to have shifted into making money - at the detriment to all those that took part.
    The event was advertised on their own websites FAQs as having a T-shirt AND medal for all finishers which has subsequently and conveniently changed to read 'OR' instead of 'and'.
    The runnersworld website states clearly that there was to be a medal AND T-shirt for finishers.
    On top of that Fatfeet even posted on their own Facebook page that there was to be 'T-shirts and bespoke medals for all finishers.' This too has mysteriously disappeared after I emailed them about it, and I too am still awaiting any sort of reply.
    After posting a link on their Facebook page to their Blog with their apology and, in my personal opinion, quite pathetic and transparent excuses I posted the comment below hoping for some sort of reply or response as they have not replied to my email.

...There was NO confusion regarding the T-shirt at all, your sites FAQs stated a T-shirt AND medal for all finishers when I entered. You also clearly stated on Facebook on Mar 2nd at 6:39pm I quote " T-shirts and bespoke medals for all finishers." unquote. So no, there is no confusion and the fact still remains that you owe the 150 finishers of the 2011 Woodland Half Marathon a T-shirt as promised and advertised...

(the posting on Facebook mentioned above has now been removed from their wall but luckily I took a snapshot of it before they did)

My comment got deleted off their wall so I posted it again and after a couple of hours it would appear that Fatfeet and I are no longer Facebook friends!

Fatfeet advertised this event as having a T-shirt and medal for all finishers, not just the overall winner (bloody good run Mark, by the way), in at least 3 different places and have subsequently altered the two that they have control of to cover their tracks. It is this blatant lying that aggrieves me more than anything.
    Fatfeet would have been paid £2934 (163 entrants) from entry fee alone and I fail too see where it has gone apart from the pocket of the organisers.
    For a company that appears to have no honesty or integrity whatsoever why on earth would they expect somebody to part with nearly £2000 to enter a race organised by them?
    I'm sorry to say but Fatfeet have had their last penny from this runner, I will no longer enter (nor would they probably welcome me after this) any events organised by them.

As for feeling cynical, runlozrun, I'm afraid to say that I am with you on that one. Some of the race reports seem dubious in origin too.

I appreciate that my opinions will leave me open to abuse but before you do I will say that I have written this based purely on the facts that I know.
  • I too was under the impression of a T-Shirt and bespoke medal and thought for the £18 fee the 'goody bag' was a little on the poor side, as did my running colleague Mr Jackson. We had both travelled some 2hours and have to say both felt the course was great, a little warm, windy and tough, but great location and something different for a change, tho I was well under the weather and on antibiotics on the day which didn't help..!!!

I too was looking at the Grimsthorpe half, but have now decided on either the Newark 1/2 or Askern 10M...Ashame but 'runwithmysetter' made some very good comments.

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭
    runwithmysetter wrote (see)
    The event was advertised on their own websites FAQs as having a T-shirt AND medal for all finishers which has subsequently and conveniently changed to read 'OR' instead of 'and'. The runnersworld website states clearly that there was to be a medal AND T-shirt for finishers. On top of that Fatfeet even posted on their own Facebook page that there was to be 'T-shirts and bespoke medals for all finishers.' This too has mysteriously disappeared after I emailed them about it, and I too am still awaiting any sort of reply. After posting a link on their Facebook page to their Blog with their apology and, in my personal opinion, quite pathetic and transparent excuses I posted the comment below hoping for some sort of reply or response as they have not replied to my email. ...There was NO confusion regarding the T-shirt at all, your sites FAQs stated a T-shirt AND medal for all finishers when I entered. You also clearly stated on Facebook on Mar 2nd at 6:39pm I quote " T-shirts and bespoke medals for all finishers." unquote. So no, there is no confusion and the fact still remains that you owe the 150 finishers of the 2011 Woodland Half Marathon a T-shirt as promised and advertised... (the posting on Facebook mentioned above has now been removed from their wall but luckily I took a snapshot of it before they did) My comment got deleted off their wall so I posted it again and after a couple of hours it would appear that Fatfeet and I are no longer Facebook friends! Fatfeet advertised this event as having a T-shirt and medal for all finishers, not just the overall winner (bloody good run Mark, by the way), in at least 3 different places and have subsequently altered the two that they have control of to cover their tracks. It is this blatant lying that aggrieves me more than anything. Fatfeet would have been paid £2934 (163 entrants) from entry fee alone and I fail too see where it has gone apart from the pocket of the organisers. For a company that appears to have no honesty or integrity whatsoever why on earth would they expect somebody to part with nearly £2000 to enter a race organised by them?

I am quite shocked that Fat Feet have behaved in this way.  It's just fraudulent to amend web pages like that and I'm sure Trading Standards would be very interested.  I'd be happy to assist with this if necessary. 

I'm not sure whether the entry price has gone up since last year but certainly the number of entrants has so it's not as if they were forced to do this due to a lack of funds.

Fat Feet were very quick to answer questions prior to the event taking place but appear to have no inclination to respond to the post race concerns raised here.  They have also not had the decency to reply to my email.  As it stands I'll be one p*ssed off Grimsthorpe runner.

Andrew - that was a quick time for someone under the weather !!!!  I ran Newark last year and can recommend it image

• You and me both runlozrun as I'd already signed up for Grimsthorpe and Rutland before doing the Woodland race. Regretting that planning ahead now!

• Hi runlozrun,

I too did Newark last year but suffered in the heat from about 8M..!!!..Well organised decent event tho..and complete with decent T-Shirt..lol..!!!..And the shops kept the misses happy..!

May be doing Askern cos I'm chasing a sub 60 for 10 and the fun run is a little longer than Newark for my lad at 3K rather than 1M. Not done Askern either, so it will be a nice change.

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭
    Stephen Clarke wrote (see)

You and me both runlozrun as I'd already signed up for Grimsthorpe and Rutland before doing the Woodland race. Regretting that planning ahead now!

We'll have to get our own shirts specially printed for the event Stephen image

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭
    ANDREW ELY 3 wrote (see)

I too did Newark last year but suffered in the heat from about 8M..!!!..Well organised decent event tho..and complete with decent T-Shirt..lol..!!!..And the shops kept the misses happy..!

Yeah that was one hot day.  I don't know how but I finished with my 2nd quickest time ever so was well pleased.