Foam Roller thingies

Ok I have one of these babies now
http://www.achillesheel.co.uk/images/products/foam_roller_blue_18.jpg_400.jpeg

My question is do I use everyday? or just after I do exercise ta very much
oh and is there a way of getting the upper hamstring with this thing

Comments

• I am told little and often.
  • JohnnybikeJohnnybike ✭✭✭

I use mine infrequently, when I have soreness and for about 5 minutes at a time. It is effective though.

Not sure about hamstring massage

The tennis ball  down the ITB is a good exercise/self massage that you can do at any time  - work, home when watching TV etc

• I've got one and I've been using it most days but just for a couple of minutes. I mainly do the IT band and quads. It's bloody painful but I'm hoping this is good as it's a similar pain to what my physio was inflicting on me.

If you google foam roller there are loads of videos on YouTube to show you how to use it for different parts of the body. I found it helpful to have a yoga mat to use it on so it's not so hard on the bits of the body that are supporting you while you roll around.

Good luck image

• Im injured at the mo, so using it all the time. But as soon as I feel any niggle I get the sucker out and will use it all evening in front of the telly. But tend to only regularly use it after a long run (anything more than 10k)
  • goldbeetlegoldbeetle ✭✭✭

ok thanks for the anwers I massaged my aching bum cheeks(too many lunges) yesterday and that was a wholly unpleasnt thing to do