we can make a deal

Morning

What: 7½ mile bike d&d/3-4 mile run/ 7½mile bike
Why: way of getting to work
Last Hard: biking into work
Lyrics: image

Comments

• NZChristineNZChristine ✭✭✭

AF - looks like I should have had a heart rate monitor all these years! Bit late now I guess.

What: Mowed the lawns - don't hink there is a run in me today.

• Morning

What maybe 6ish
    Why Commute
    Lyrics yes

And I thought I got up at stupid O' clock!

May not get a chance to post later as I have to make a spectical of myself on the tennis court later oin today.

ttfn

• Morning peeps.

What:5M Steady.

Why: A decent run for a friday.

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Stand by me' Oasis.

Have a good one.

• Morning.

I think Pammie was at the other end of her working day postie.

NZC - enjoy the dinner and show! The half sounds like a better prospect.

Paddy - what did the man say? My calf was much better on my run yesterday so it looks as though the manipulation/funny walk/stretches are working.

Pammie - cheaper than the train and good for you too though.

Good news BSCDB. I like it when you can see a tangible improvement.

What:         just a swim session.
    Why:          easy day/tired/essay to work on
    Last hard:  being so slow on my run yesterday was hard to take
    Last rest:   25/4.

Lyrics - don't think so.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    NZC - would hate to be that W35 being beaten by you. Keep sticking it to the young people :¬)

What: 100 mins on the bike d&d
    Swim PM ??
    Why: having a non running day as it has been 3 weeks and plan to spend all of lunchtime eating Crunchies :¬)
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: a quick check says total rest happened around the 28th March
    Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

What: 50 mins steady minus five minutes early on stretching the calf
    Why: leg strengthening in more ways than one
    Last hard: resisting the temptation to do more
    Last rest: Dec 09

Calf niggled early on, and then settled down. Am wearing compression socks 24/7 at the moment, which seem to be helping.

Lyrics: familiar, but not familiar enough

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hi all

lmuh, know what you mean about the being so slow

pammie, nice one!

what: gym steam and sauna

why: race tomorrow and running is just so flipping hard for me right now

last h ard: a 3 mile run last night that felt like 20

last easy: weds

have a good weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Morning,

Have a good time NZC - as for the mojo, it'll come back. Just enjoy your running and don't put too much pressure on yourself. As Gobi points out, those W35s are probably more worried about you image

Postie - I am incapable of hitting a moving object with another object, so you're bound to be a better tennis player than me.

Good luck with the essay LMUH, what's it on?

Hang on in there Alehouse - the restraint will pay off.

What: Nothing

Why: Friend's 40th party tonight

Last hard: Not sure

Last rest: Wednesday

Lyrics: I think so

Happy Crunchie day! I don't have a Crunchie, but someone gave me a butternut squash at work today. It's not quite the same but I like it very much.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ah pammie's lyrics just came to me!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LOL Madame O. No, a butternut squash is definitely not comparable to a crunchie! I think they sound nicer than they taste, though ...

Nice 5k target, BCDB. I need to dip below 21 first (current PB 21:02) before contemplating something nearer 20 ... 

40: GREAT to see you and best wishes for your 10k tomorrow.

emzap: good luck with the interviews and hope you get the job that you really want!Oh no, not the Hadd stuff. Not that I was around at the time but I stumbled across the thread once and read it, but then got bored with it.
    (((Wabo))) and good luck at the race.

Why is it that you always pick up something or other before a race? I'm about to race a 10k on Sunday but woke up this morning with the shivers and a really bad stomach ache. Funny enough, my appetite is there, I#m sat at my desk at work and don't feel too bad, just slightly weird and I slept over the alarm this morning! May go out for a gentle 3 miler tonight.Happy Friday, all!

• Chickadee - rest and call it a taper niggle - want you fresh for Sunday and if you run today whilst feeling unwell you might prolong whatever it is.

It's about what support people with Asperger's syndrome may need at university MadameO. I'm really interested but it's a whole new area for me academically and my first go at writing at post grad level. The research - and deciding what to include - is taking me ages.

Enjoy the crunchies Gobi.

Hope you feel better and have a good race tomorrow Wabo.

Alehouse - might be worth taking the compression socks off overnight. There's some evidence to indicate that muscles can't make the normal adaptations if continual compression is applied.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chickadee I agree with lmuh,take it easy and good luck Sunday
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

I too slept through my alarm this morning so missed circuits.

However at lunch: 3.54 miles - longest I've run in a while image

Chick  take it easy and good luck Sunday

MadameO I actually think I'd prefer a butternut to a crunchie

THanks for all the good luck

Happy weekend image

• Hi Everyone

Being sporadic again, but I plan to make an appearance everyday from now on! Chick - funny isn't it how we never seem to feel great just before a race - must be subconcious nerves..

Managed 2.04 for the 800 last saturday, so up to 7th in the UK for V35...Good job the rest of them are doing road races or being doting fathers eh?? the lead time nationally is 1.54!! thats mental.. It was at Battersea and David Haye (the Haymaker!) was there doing some sprints with a mate. Seems like a top bloke - had photos taken etc..

Also...anyone else finding the wind a real pain to train in? really feeling tired at sessions. Anyway, have a good weekend

Lyrics - oh yes....loved singing that when I was really small - great tune!!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    SimonCoombes  Yes the wind is a real bu**er.  I have found my times increase rapidly when it's blowing like it is right now!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    SC - training suggests I could run around 2.10 this year so 2.04 sounds pretty fast so early in the year. What do you hope to improve that to mid season.

Oh I am older than you so not competing against you :¬)
  • I love butternut squash (is that how to spell it) Mrs PM does a mean mix with sweet potato!!

LMH - glad your treatment is working. The man says things are cautiously good. Basically I think what he is saying is that its better but there are still some knots to get out and recurrence cannot be ruled out. However i feel that things are much better, and by the way all the better for the rest. I am slightly concerned as i have a few things coming up:

I've just entered a half mara on Sunday week and i have the Olympic Marathon test Run on May 30. The idea with the half is that it'll test me ahead of the 30 may.

Two weeks to the next visit.

For today its 4 miles easy (didn't get a chance to get this in last night due to work and said visit to the Man).

Simon - alas i wasn't so small!!!

Chick - good luck Sunday.

Ale - how do you find the compression socks. I'm considering making an investment!!

Madame - enjoy the party - I hope they play some Metal.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

1.9 miles image

Then wham hit the earth or rather tarmac like a sack of spuds right elbow area very bloody. Lucky a villager saw me. came to see if i was alright his wife was a nurse or used to be, got me dressed up. and got me some water. Panic wheres me door keys had a few villagers who went looking for them lucky one of them did. Whats the date again?

No biking

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Pammie, hope you are OK

What - 11m steady
    Why - 90 min run doing as told....
    Last Hard - Sun
    Last Rest - Tues

enjoying the day off................

• Oh dear Pammie - I do hope that you're ok? It's great that people were so helpful.

Paddy - cautiously optimistic isn't too bad image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Hope you are OK Pammie.

Paddy: compression socks...found them in Lidl...£3.99. And previously in Aldi. And I have a "proper" pair of Skins too. Actually I guess you mean how do I like them: "seem" to be helpful, but you never can really be sure! Certainly don't think they will be doing any harm, although I take LMH's point about not wearing them all the time. Sometoimes wonder if a good pair of long socks would be just as effective!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Got some compression socks on now actually. Cost me a bomb.

Could get the same effect with a load of duct tape but it would rip all my hairs off.

I wonder what the ideal length of time to wear them is? Maybe if I did my run in the morning, wear them during the day then take them off after dinner?

• Healing thoughts to Pammie, doesn't sound too clever.
  • From memory the research I read said that in preventing the stress and normal recovery of the muscles compression wear may prevent the adaptations that we try to make through training and that they should only be worn after particularly long or hard sessions to promote recovery thereby allowing the muscles to do what they're supposed to at other times. If you think about tubigrip (the medical equivalent along with compression stockings to prevent DVT) normal advice is to not wear it overnight (unless the risk of DVT is very high of course in which case the stockings are worn continuously but they're not trying to make muscular adaptations obviously). Hope that makes sense? Personally I normally wear mine after my long run and bike and after races. I may sleep in them for one night after an IM and wear them the next day but other than that will wear them during the day and take them off over night.

• Hey Pammie - i hope your o.k. I had a bad fall a few months ago on the side of a main road. Some cuts and bruises but the dented pride was the main injury.

Must look into the compression socks a bit more. One question or clarification required - do you wear them during exercise and after or just after.
  • Hello again

Hope you're not hurt Pammie.

Mnanged just over 6 which got better as the run went on. First couple of miles felt a bit awkward but found myself flying by the end of the run.

Never got to play tennis in the end which was a bit of releif.

• Pammie ...hope you are not throbbing too much now!

Gobi - doesn't mean I am going to get faster by any means - I tend to waver through the season, but will try to be better this year.

Paddy  - Must have been about 9 when this was out..so not 'really small'....ha cha cha cha image (not too early for a clue is it?)