Mental illness and running

Comments

• We can cheerlead with kitchen ... I wonder if it's best to get some order first. I move all the washing up to one space, then throw away any rubbish. Give the sink and draining board a quick clean then do the washing up followed by the satisfying magic wipe down of the sides (which makes everything so much better) then I clean the cooker...I suspect it doesn't matter which order you do it (within reason) but having smaller jobs within the whole that you can tick off and achieve makes it easier if you are feeling a bit overwhelmed. Wish we could help 

• I am building my new "to do" list - just wish I could get up more easily but I lie in a daze then all of a sudden something clicks and I feel compelled to get up.

Yay for my cheerleaders image

We can nag about eating stuff (but really I'm just so pleased to see your progress)

• image thanks me too, it's not that I have nothing left to fight but after so long of fighting and fighting and feeling like I was getting nowhere all of us sudden everything is just clicking into place. I feel like the real me behind all the difficulties in life and in the psychiatric stuff is just so much stronger. I feel like I know who I am at last. The nicest bit of all is that I'm able to be real Solb with the mini's who I've barely wanted to see for the last 18 months cos pretending to be me was just too exhausting. 

I still can't get my head around how much better I am. I don't mind that I'll still have all the little battles to fight, it's just so amazing to be me fighting them image 

• Ooo it's late. I had better get to bed image

Night night all, 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Reads back over the posts from yesterday and beams with pride.

I was contemplating cancelling Alice tonight because moo is poorly and I feel yuck and tbh, I'm scared. But your messages of hope and encouragement made me realise that I really need to grasp this opportunity.

Bear, I need to declutter my kitchen ( and house) but it's a huge task with moo 'helping'. Lots of the stuff belongs to Mr by eck ( it's part of his AS) so it's really really tough to do much.
  • I beamed then, so glad you are not cancelling on Alice.

Hmm I guess having 'helpers' must make it significantly harder to declutter. I think happy, engaged mini's are much more important than tidy houses even through the ocd

We talked loads yesterday image
  • Mummy by eck is coming round for a chat today. She wants to come off lithium because of the side effects. I am concerned because her psychologist isn't keen on switching her to another drug which still works, doesn't have the same side effects, but isn't generally prescribed on the NHS. I know if the drs don't agree she wi'll just stop the lithium and then the bipolar stuff will come flooding back. Urgh! I do agree the side effects are bad.

Anyway, moo is still scooting around without many clothes on so I need to fix that soon. He's reached the 'independent' stage. That means I'm not allowed to do much for him.
  • Oh that sounds really worrying by eck, presumably the docs are aware of the risks that not discussing meds with her may lead to non-compliance.

Will be thinking of you today.

*grins at Moo* I haven't got dressed yet either!
  • Right, I have managed to get the child dressed, put a load of washing on, sweep the living room floor and start to declutter the kitchen. I will save my celebratory cuppa until my mum arrives, but moo is being rewarded by the chance to listen to an amazing piece of choral music. Even his car is enjoying it.

Solb, getting dressed is only necessary if you need to go out, but does help to structure your day. Shall I stick the kettle on for you?
  • Yes please image 

I want to go to the gym and I need to go to the post office so clothes would be a good idea at some point! 

I love the thought of Moo's car enjoying the choral music image 

Hope it goes well with your Mum today, will be thinking of you 

• I am still waiting for mummy by eck. But I don't want to chase her because I don't want to push her.

Tries to waft tea fumes towards a sleeping bear.

Solb, how are you doing with food today?
  • *bounces on Bear's bed* that ought to help image

I've eaten yoghurt for breakfast but I'm looking through recipe books now image what do you all want for lunch? image 

• Mummy and daddy by eck kidnapped moo so I chipped carrots and courgettes for the freezer, and made a carrot cake for moo.

He is now home and eating cheese bread. The cough has returned and he is talking to the Dr on his Olay phone. The only words I can make out are "poorly" and "bye"...
  • Grrr I slept in again, didn't helkp that I forgot to set the alarm clock.  I must get into a routine of getting up as soon as I wake up.  Just the act of getting vertical helps.

What piece of choral music are we talking about, by 'eck?  I've recently started liking choral music thanks to the wonderful Eric Whitacre who writes the most goose bumpingly gorgeous stuff.  I got to see him at the proms and it's even more amazing live image

• Blech it's blowing like a good 'un out there image

• Allegri's miserere mi.

I should be going to hear the sixteen in February for a lovely valentine's day treat with Mr by eck and 2 of moo's Godparents. I would love to take moo as e connects with music in such a magical way. Sadly, I can't trust him to sit still and not join in.

Bear, it's ok to have less vertical days. Don't beat yourself up.

Right, carrot cakes have been iced and are ready for eating. Does anyone want one?
  • Nice image

Trouble is I'm having too many of them lately

• I don't want to do the school run image nearly a mile each way in the rain won't be much fun, especially with miss by eck on the way home. She is aiming for a PhD in complaining at the moment
  • If it's anything like here, it's manky out image

SOLB are you noshing today?

• Little moo may end up at the drs
  • He likes it there. Nice drs who make a fuss of him, lots of toys to play with, and he gets plenty of praise because he knows the ropes so cooperates
  • Can't be nice being ill enough to go though poor thing

• No, I suppose not. At the moment, he is drinking milk, sitting on my knee and cuddling cat 3
  • Aw bless image

I have started to do my to do list

• Hello everyone image

If you would like any choral music recommendations, I might be able to help - I was a choral scholar at university image
  • Evening Frodo - that sounds good, my collection so far doesn't extend beyond Eric Whitacre (although I'm very happy with that).  How are you getting on hun?

My to doing is progressing well, although I seem to be dodging about between tasks quite a lot so not completely finishing one before starting another.  It's all progress but it's making crossing things off a bit tricky!

• Which uni? Mr by eck was a cathedral chorister ( sniggers), and moo's godfather is an orchestral musician. Means I get loads of music stuff bandied around, and access to a great music library. But all music recommendations gratefully received

.Bear, do you need to break things down a bit more?
  • Possibly - or maybe differently.  I had on my list to clear one worksurface bit at a time but what happens was I fetched the recycling bin and it made sense to clear all recycling in the kitchen at once which was productive even though it didn't finish off any individual worksurface.  It's that sort of thing