Mental illness and running

Comments

• I have had two appointments with a new Clinical Psychologist, I really like her but I feel really bruised as we are still in the assessment phase. Today was very very hard

We did an OCD assessment thingie today, was soul destroying I thought I'd made so much progress but the results make it sound horrific still. It scores in the most extreme band still :'( I know it's just the way the test works but it feels a bit miserable when I've worked so hard. 

It sounds suspiciously like I am about to be slapped with an ED diagnosis too, and my homework focuses on that. 

I do really really like the psychologist she actually listens and she seem really intelligent and her approach sounds good. Essentially she wants to work out what function the unhelful strategies are playing. She thinks that otherwise it'll just keep coming back or sneaking up on me in a new disguise. 

She doesn't know whether it'll be OK for us to work on it all or if it'll undermine the amazing progress I've made elsewhere though. I am trying not to mind either way but I really want to keep making progress now

• I used to be on prozac, takes 2-3 weeks to kick in,

• Hey Solb image

My "hay fever" seems to have disappeared, maybe it was just a cold

• Been a bit of a rough time lately but have been doing a bit better this week on the back of a bank holiday weekend where I had plenty of time to myself.  Another thing I've tried lately is reiki.  First session was when I was having a bad week last week and she was amazed how nervous I was - but I did feel more relaxed by the end of it.  Felt a bit better for this weeks session.  Not sure yet how much benefit it will have in the midst of all the other ups and downs.

SOLB - you've certainly shown how much progress you've made with the OCD so I'm sure it must be disheartening to be told that you're still in the highest category - but try not to let that get you down when you've done so well so far.

• Glad you've had a better week LR, reiki sounds kind of interesting. I'm crap at anything aimed at promoting relaxation it took me ages to realise that the truth is I just feel really unsafe if I've let my guard down enough to relax so therefore I should stop aiming for it even though everyone always tells me it's a good thing. 

Thanks I've decided to stop being grumpy about the categrisation it is probably helpful really cos the reason the Psychologist is unsure about whether to work with me is because she is worried that we would be risking all of my progress so far to make improvements. Truthfully if it looks like I haven't achieved as much then it'll help sway her towards helping and that is what I want image 

• i am ok. RW doeant like me using my phone. I Make too many mistake and that upsets me.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

My hayfever has gone today too Bear.  Rain tends to do that

• I like your mistakes *gives by eck a kiss*

• It hasn't rained down here the last few days image

• Mine is horridable today, send rain

• Got really cold last night at an orienteering event on the common.  Fortunately dodged the showers though.  Same again this evening helping out at a trail race that the running club were hosting.  Quite amusing watching the spot prizes being handed out to every 15th finisher.  On a couple of occasions there were two people racing each other in a sprint finsh who then found that the person who lost was the one who was in line for the spot prize. 

Unfortunately, looks like neither the running club nor orienteering club are doing their Saturday training sessions this week which they've been doing recently so I'm left with the challenge of trying to get out there on my own.

• And in other news, I've got an appointment with a Psychological Wellbeing Practioner next Tuesday.

• Good news LR image

I've had too much caffeine image

• Not usually too much of a problem for me.  About to start on the wine though.

• I used to drink way more than this when I was teaching but I'm out of practice

• Well I'm justifying it on the basis that practice is needed for next weekend.

• Ha ha ha parties YAY!

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Looking forward to the party.

• I've been feeling really lonely the last couple of days ... have decided to be a bit brave and go to a gay bar on my own tonight. Not really on the pull but I figured a girl on her own in a straight bar on a Saturday night might be a bit misleading! I just dont have any local friends and that sucks (though I am stupidly blessed with the incredible friends i have in far away places) that said the nearest gaybar is a 45 minute drive away so not that local anyway!
    Kinda nervous and kind of excited, I've never been to a gaybar before (well except for a nervous one drink wonder when I was 19)

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I'll be with you in spirit Solb, supporting you from afar.  You can do this, my brave little chicken.

• It was a bit of a spontaneous decision, truthfully though I've got nothing to lose. If I go and hate it I can just slope off home. Hope it's fun though *wibble* 

• Go for it SOLB and beat the wibble!  Hope it goes well for you.  I'll join Caz in the cheerleader squad.  Pom poms at the ready, Caz!

Just found out that there's an urban orienteering event on in Chesterfield tomorrow so I might get a trip out for that.  Certainly having an unproductive day today.  Even my usual can't get going till after midday rule hasn't applied today.

• Thank you guys image 

I sometimes have days like that too LR, sounds like you need a rest day or two. If you can't get motivated there's no point in beating yourself up about it, pushing against a brick wall will only make you tired for longer!

• Well that's why I'm thinking I might has well go out tomorrow as I'm struggling to achieve anything here.  Had a quiet three days last weekend which at least made for a better week at work this week.  Still difficult to get moving on days off though.  Just hoping that the change in medication may help things in a while.

On a positive note though, I have cheese.  Oops, wrong forum!

• Ha that's OK you can bring your nasty cheesy stuff here, the mundanies let me play over there despite my dislike of said flavoured fat (and I love my cheese loving mundanie Tshirt all the same)

Good call on the snoozy day LR, I think I might have a little walk, nowhere to go but the hayfever is still ganging up on me with asthma so I've not run all week. I have a docs appointment on Tuesday to beg for better antihistamines and to ask for some advice about a nasty trapped nerve in my back that has refused to heal by itself in 6 weeks - I love running. Hurry up and remember that body!

I skipped my a/ds yesterday and have only just taken them today. Forgot the dreadful sinking sick feeling I get every time I move my eyes in withdrawal. Ooops! I'm taking Duloxetine at 90mgs though the psych said there's no evidence to show that 90 is better than 60 so I want to reduce them. Anyone else take them?

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

My hayfever has been bad too.  I've had three asthma attacks in the last 24 hours.  Prior to that it had been months since I needed my inhaler

• image you OK Scaz? Sounds like you could do with a docs appointment too!

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I'm fine, but I don't think it helps that my hayfever tablets and inhaler are both out of date.  I didn't need to use either last year.  I will request a repeat prescription on Monday