Options

Mental illness and running

Comments

• Options
    Gonna try it tomorrow, drank some grapefruit juice and feel much better physically and not too distressed. Think it'll be OK image

Soup prob doesn't work cos there are lots of other things in, don't want salt and chemically things in. Though am sure it'll ease up a bit to the usual 'safe' list
  • Options
    Breakfast done (am feeling quite bad about it but hopefully it'll pass.)

See you on the other side of whistling down the ski slopes on a sledge.

Really hope today is positive for all image

• Options
    I ate today, had loads of energy; went sledging, did some gardening, ran and played with my gorgeous niece. I felt thoroughly converted and now I feel dreadful, feels like an irreversible mistake and all the self loathing is back.

if I could make it all shut up and go to sleep maybe it'll be better tomorrow.

on the plus side solbsis' hen party went really well and she seemed to really enjoy it image

you guys are all quiet, hope everything is ok

• Options

Hi SOLB

Great to hear about you enjoying having loads of energy. Not so good that you came down with a bump afterwards.

Take care! - That goes for the rest of you guys too.

• Options
    SOLB, I'm so glad Saturday went well for you. I'm sure solbsis appreciated you being there and having the energy to join in.
  • Options
    Interesting day today. Fell apart mentally (quite publically). cried a lot. went for a bimble to improve my mood. it worked. had an asthma attack cue ambulances and hospitals. home now tired but OK.

Looking forward to a new day tomorrow image

• Options
    No one forced you to read it Nick, I don't mind if you choose not to come back, though you are always welcome of course
  • Options
    Thank you kk, it's a bit of a silly, unnecessary post but I don't think it really matters. I don't deny its a bit 'self indulgent' it's supposed to be. I didn't want to keep writing lots of mental health related stuff on other threads for fear of irritating people and sounding self absorbed etc. If you are in an acute phase you can't deny it's happening as the illness consumes everything and compromises running. I wanted somewhere I and anyone feeling the same would be able to write freely without imposing it on others as we would on existing threads. It's named appropriately so if you don't want to read stuff about mental health problems you don't have to click on the title 'Mental Health and Running.'

I like having a place where I can talk openly about how things really are instead of putting on a brave face. I'm glad people know they can post here without worrying whether its self indulgent or socially acceptable and I like knowing no one is forced or tricked into reading it

It's a nice opportunity to say to all; please be as self indulgent as you please, no judgement here (from those that choose to be here and read it) image
  • Options
    There is kk but there's an awful lot more support and love out there than people who are that prejudiced. It's worth being honest for that alone.

I had a quick curious look at recent posts 6 all for different threads and all critical/rude ... I wonder whether the derogatory opinions are covering up a fear. It's not exactly normal to feel the urge to set up accounts and anonymously insult people ... sounds like a true need for attention rather than our brand of honesty and support.

Have had a really good day today image
  • Options
    Just realised that sounds wrong, I'm not sayin Nick has an attention seeking disorder just that maybe he fears it enough to try to convince himself that people with mental health probs are nothin like him. I wouldn't presume to diagnose someone.

I just escaped a parking ticket by about 3 seconds so the good mood has intensified ( disproportionately) image
  • Options

I just hope no one here is put off posting by someone being inappropriate and rude (just my opinion image )

Signed Frodo - long time lurker, occasional contributor.  

• Options
    My favourite type of lurker! Hi sweetie x
  • Options
    *Frodo* wrote (see)

I just hope no one here is put off posting by someone being inappropriate and rude (just my opinion image )

+1  Signed USB, occasional lurker

• Options
    Well if its a petition then +1

Signed SOLB occasional lurker, somewhat frequent poster image
  • Options
    + 1 from someone who doesn't post any more because of pointless trolls. Have made an exception in this case in support of SOLB x
  • Options
    an honour TDS image x
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Another +1 vote from me. First time i've come across this thread. People should think more before they post hurtful statements. Keep posting SOLB and others

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭
    Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)
    *Frodo* wrote (see)

+1  Signed USB, occasional lurker

another vote.

Think this thread is brilliant. It's not depressing in the least. There's real support here for those who need it. image

• Options
    Hi Pammie *waves*

Thank you mouse (((mouse)))

xx
  • Options
    Slight dilemma, the doc in A&E has given me steroids to take to help with the asthma. They are water soluble, I've dissolves them but now can't bear to drink it. It feels dirty.

Do I persevere though its making me distressed or just throw it out, and get some normal tabs from the GP on Weds?

I was planning on a test bimble tomorrow but started wheezing and coughing at about 9.30.

Hope everyone is having a good bank holiday though all the fun, frivolity and pressure to be social can be tough in itself.

• Options
    Is there anything else you could bear to take them in, SOLB? Though I understand the sense of them contaminating other stuff, they will help the asthma. My mum used to grind paracetemol up into a teaspoon of jam (in the days before Calpol) image
  • Options
    That's a good idea Frodo.

Am a bit hung up on water being the only thing that is pure but then I've escaped it to start eating so its possible to get through

I'm gonna leave it 10 mins and make another effort at JFDI.

I wonder if taking them without dissolving them first would be so bad. I could then throw the ones I've already dissolved away cos the docs will be open before the course is over.
  • Options
    I often think the anti psychotics are contaminated but I just throw them in my mouth and then its too late to change. Too much thinking time with all that dirty water ... I have to fix the asthma, I need to run. (and love it)
  • Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Sod the contamination. Go eat a worm, it'll do you good. I know the world will end and we'll all die, but that's going to happen anyway. image

Be brave.

• Options
    Thanks so much Frodo, I just JFDI'd it but with a fruit chaser so I missed out the gagging afterwards. That's that done until tomorrow night. Really wasn't going to try again - thanks for the push Frodo imageimageimage
  • Options
    Ha ha xpost mouse. That produced a rather husky laugh. I don't want the world to end and everyone to die.

I'm still laughing, nawty irreverent mouse image
  • Options

I'm glad things are going good for you SOLB. It's lovely to see so many people being supportive (why wouldn't they be?).

I agree a bit with mouse, fear won't kill you though we think it might so sometimes it's worth jumping right in (Feel free to point out my own hypocrisy).

Did a 10k race yesterday and beat my PB by 90 seconds which I'm well pleased with. image