OW swimming in South Wales

Comments

• That sounds good to me image

• OK, 8:00, meet at the weir. Be good to meet up, and fingers crossed the current isn't too high
  • it can't be worse than two weeks ago..............like swimming in an endless pool at times....great fun..........but great coming back down stream................it was very quiet this morning.couldn't feel a flow at allimage
  • Just back from 6 laps of the lake in Bristol, slightly choppy into the wind, but swimming in flowing water will be better practice fir Tenby
  • You know, the good thing about bricking it over the Tenby swim is that I don't have time to worry about the hilly bike!! haha! image

See you at 8am Saturday then guys!

• see you soon.should be good with all the rain this weekimage
  • Great to meet M.Tri......

and Hope as usualimage

It was amzing in the river today.totally different from tuesdays swim.nuch deeper and the current was strong...........total endless pool at one point.............so didn't swim far but managed to get a good swim session inimage

I love swimming outside........having your eyes at the water level as the rain drops bounce of the surface is lovely.........reminded me of the Bambi movie and the song kept on going in my mind

• Good to meet you both, and a good swim. It's on my doorstep, and never used it, but I'll be back.
  • anyone up for a swim this Saturday morning.........maybe a little later as need to drop my son off for the park run firstimage
  • Hi Seren, where abouts is it that you do the river swimming?
  • it's off junction 32 of the M4........you take the turn off for the asda store off the junction and travel 1/2 mile down the forest farm road....
  • Best post code for a satnav would be CF14 7YT. Otherwise, it's Longwood Drive, Coryton, Cardiff.

Hopefully be able to make it this Saturday, but unlikely to be there before 10:15, more issues with ParkRun.
  • I could do that time M.triimage

• boing

• I don't think I'll be able to make this weekend image  Will keep watching this thread though, I'm not doing anything next weekend.
  • Right...who is up for a swim this weekend...............I will not be able to do the two weekends afterwards so my last chance for a few weeksimage
  • I'll have to confirm. Got a 'Big Day' planned for Saturday, and as usual, a few family issues to squeeze in as well. Early, would suit me, as ideally I need to be back home by 8:30
  • I can do this weekend Seren, either day.
  • M.TRIumphants time would be to early for me, but if you end up going later I'd be in image

• PP.......can you do Sunday............saturday i can go early or mid morning  but must be out of the water by 11 am....sunday I can do any time at the moment..................i don't mind doing both days.........
  • right then..................

who is definitely swimming this weekend and when..........I am flexibleimage

• I am definitely swimming this weekend

Can do either Saturday early (long bike Saturday so don't want to start too late) or Sunday any time.

• OK, decision time. I can swim Saturday morning, can get there for 9:15-9:30, and OK for an hours swim, so out of the water at 10:30.
  • That fits with meimage

• Sorted, long bike starts 11'ish then. Might have to squeeze the run in early. Ho hum.

Let's hope the rain stays off, although I do like the endless pool swimming
  • Coolio, that works for me image
  • I'm long biking on Sat so it would be difficult to get there in the morning as it's a bit of a drive, so Sunday would be good if you're sure about doing both days Seren.  Any time preference for you?  I'm pretty flexible though after 10 would be better image
  • yes I'm on for sunday as well.........PP.....I can make anytime in the morning so 10 or 11 would be fine with meimage
  • Sunday would mean that I've done 3 swims this week, first time this season and they're all OW image 

So I'm more than happy to do Sunday too, 10 would be more preferable to 11 so I have more time in afternoon.