Very fat club Thursday 19th

2»

Comments

• Yum yum... poached eggs on toasted muffins with lots and lots of brown sauce!!! That was the nicest lunch I've had all week.

• Michelle... those legs of yours that fell off... can I have them???
  • Well done Mercury. It feels brilliant when you make these milestones doesn't it. One word of warning. As soon as I could fit into Medium sized clothes and 32" waist trousers I would just buy things because they fitted... I ended up spending a fortune on clothes (which I kinda needed to because my old clothes looked ridiculous). I've still got one old pair of trousers that are a size 44" waist... they are so funny... there like a pair of clown trousers. I put them on every now and then for a laugh.
  • Mercury - tell Mrs Mercury from me 'well done'...it's a fantastic feeling to go down another size. I've posted on here before about my weight but just to join in with a bit of bragging I started as a size 24 and am now a size 12. <smug>
  • Well done Gnash , only down side is that Mrs M has now cleared wardrobe out of all her "fat" clothes ...wonder what shes going to do with all that space ??

Hmmmm
  • So this is where your all hiding.
    Im still waiting for lunch. I got the short straw and ive been working since 6am. There is definatly no peace for the wicked. I must remember to stop that!
  • Help!

I'm having a bit of difficulty with this 'healthy eating' thing.

I know I should be eating vegetables, lean meat, rice pasta, fruit and such like but I'm a bit confused about what proportion of what I should be having, ie how much protein, carbs etc. I have seen some ratios set out in various places but they all seem to be different!

I am trying to cut down on portions also, but I just end up feeling hungry and then keep having cravings for chocolate, sweeties, crisps etc, which is probably what made me tubby in the first place.

I have tried Slimming World and Weight Watchers in the past and lost weight but it all came back on after a bit. I have thought about going back but not sure if it is worthwhile.

I take packed lunches to work, we don't have a fridge so it has to be something that won't go off during the morning - I'm getting a bit bored of rice salad or pasta salad, anyone got any good ideas for something to make a change?

I don't mean to sound weak-willed, I am making a real effort to eat the right things but am feeling a bit disheartened at the moment, any thoughts or tips would be really gratefully received.

Sorry this is a bit incoherent, am writing in a hurry before boss gets back.

Cheers

Tubs

• Keep trying Tubs, don't give up. I find that when I keep a food diary I am much better behaved with my eating - especially as I've told the Mr that he can look at it and be grouchy if I've got chocolate written all over it! It does make me think twice before having something naughty as I think "do I want it enough to write it down?"
  • I agree Tink.. I keep a food diary of sorts.. well me and my friend email each other every day, listing what we've eaten.. it really does make you think twice. I'm not sure myself Tubs about the ratio business of protein/fats/carbs etc.. I just try(!) to eat healthily and when I want to snack, try and snack on fruit or something like that. I think we all know what's good and what's bad for us! Don't give up Tubs and keep running and exercising and gradually the weight will come off. Since I've upped my weekly mileage, I can really see the change in shape of my body.. now just how to lengthen these legs by five inches...
    Michelle x
  • If you're doing a lot of running they most articles say that your diet should be made up of 65% carbs and fibre, fat, and protein making up the rest. Try to eat low glycaemic carbs and try to eat them with a little bit of fibre and protein at the same time. Low glycaemic carbs are things like wholewheat products (complex carbs) high glycaemic carbs are sugary things (simple carbs). The low glycaemic carbs take longer to break down and so you won't feel hungry as quickly. Also, eating some fibre and a little protein at the same time slows down the absorbtion into the blood stream helping to maintain a even blood sugar level (which is what controls your hunger feelings).

Good luck tubs.
  • Afternoon all, I can see everyone's working hard today!

Been picking at grapes all morning then ruined all good efforts being tempted by a sausage roll from the pie shop. Ooops, pastry is one of my biggest weaknesses.

I was going to go to the gym for my lunchtime weights but decided not to, it would've been 4 days in a row which I know isn't exactly overdoing it but my thigh's been a bit twingey since doing daft things at a rugby club do last week.

Did 2.5k on the treadmill last night then sat at the bus stop whilst amazed onlookers stared at my bright red face...

Michelle and V-rap - get kitties! Mum won't let us to get another one since ours had to be put down a few years back.

Gnasher and Mrs Mercury - wow, I am very impressed (if sneakily jealous!), well done the both of you.

• You are such clever people with all this weight loss. Well done everyone! I just get so.................... hungry!

Is it worth joining a gym to use the treadmill? I fancy the idea, but wonder if I'd really bother, or if it would be money down the proverbial.

I love my yoga class though. Anyone else do yoga?

As for diet, the thing I find hardest is to stay away from dairy, particularly as a veggie.

I can't do pussycats anymore as I developed late onset asthma (makes the running interesting sometimes!). However, I have a fifteen month old standard poodle (no laughter - he's very obedient, and a good guard dog, and has a black and decker haircut - no silly nonsense. And......... in four weeks time I'm getting him a baby sister! I'm so excited. But it's going to interrupt my morning runs, all that mopping up of wee, etc.....

Dinner time, I think. Pasta here I come.
  • keep exercising and eat untilyou're full
    How many times do we all ignore the signals(me tonite with pasta meal, but did not want pudding)
    Am 3 stone overweight, but have been so for nearly 10 years, the stability makes me wonder if its meant to be(any excuse!!)
    Vrap, you sound like youre getting too thin, tho i know what you mean about being surprised about looking in the mirror
    My Mr is 6 ft 5 and I never feel small unless I see us in a mirror(Im 5 ft 2 and a half!)
    Well done to all for exercise- I just managed 10 minutes of chest compressions on my course