Options

Midweek Madness Delamere Forest 10k

Comments

• Options
    I was at Delamere tonight going over the course with some of the event team and was that distracted marking out the course and checking the km markers against gps that I ended up going over the handle bars of my bike image ouch! but the good news is, the gps signal along the route must be good as it was spot on against the official course measure km markersimage so good news for all the garmin wearers taking part!
  • Options
    Will be in Chester on the Wednesday evening on business. Is Delamere forest sign posted and the race easy to find?? any directions would be useful.

thx
  • Options
    Wannie wrote (see)
    Will be in Chester on the Wednesday evening on business. Is Delamere forest sign posted and the race easy to find?? any directions would be useful. thx

Hi Wannie

It is around 10 miles from chester, the event starts/finishes at the Linmere visitor centre the postcode for which is CW8 2JD this is near to Delamere railway station.

Hope this helps

Mark

• Options

hi wannie, if you want more detailed instructions here goes. from city centre take A51 toward nantwich.

after 5 miles A51 turns right at a roundabout, ignore this and go straight on (A54 manchester).

ignore signs for delemere on left and continue up the big hill ahead..

after 9 miles  the A54 becomes the A556 manchester, northwich. (ignore the sign A54 winsford.).

continue for another mile. turn left signposted B5152 frodsham, delemere forest at (opposite abbey arms pub).

continue for mile and a half. station, forest park on left (also go ape forest adventure).

keep left all the way to car park.

all this sounds over complcated, but basically once on A51 just keep going straight on for 10 miles until B5152 turn off.

• Options
    Thanks capp66 for providing directions image
  • Options

Hi StDomingo

I was the lad on the bike with my young daughter who passed you on the trans pennine route on sunday.

My daughter asked me if we can ride over Marks 20 miler training race,and so we decided to do some of the course. I myself shall be running this race as part of my training for the Liverpool marathon.

Have a great race in Delamere on wednesdayimagehaving ran this course with my brother Mark and others can deffo say you will enjoy it. Look forward to seeing you there as myself and my younger daughter are water marshalls at 5k markerimage

• Options

Well just one more sleep image I hope you are all suitably excited and ready to take on the challenge of the Delamere forest "MIDWEEK MADNESS" 10k

If you have still not entered but would like to, entry online is available untill tonight, there will be entry available on the day (entry on the day will be subject to a additional charge of £2)

If you enter online your race pack will be available at the registration point near Linmere visitor centre.

Bit of additional information, the race day photography will be done by Mick Hall photography, and we also have Sports injury UK along providing pre-post race advice & rub downs.

The cafe at the Linmere visitor centre will also be remaining open late tomorrow for runners & spectators.

Mark

• Options

Mark & cap66, thanks for you help.

will see you tomorrow night

• Options

I have come late into this thread

For what its worth - bloody well done Mark-at least you have got off your backside and provided something which has been missing for a long time - that is a midweek event with awards !

An event is miles better than trundling around by oneself on a training run

Towels and mugs I can do without - medals and wicking t-shirts are my choice.

As for value , as they say in Yorkshire " tha gets wot thi pays fer !"

Keep up the good work - I eagerly look forward to more of the same.

See you on Wednesday hopefully

• Options
    Wannie wrote (see)

Mark & cap66, thanks for you help.

will see you tomorrow night

Great, see you tomorrow Wannie image
    ROD HEYWOOD wrote (see)

I have come late into this thread

For what its worth - bloody well done Mark-at least you have got off your backside and provided something which has been missing for a long time - that is a midweek event with awards !

An event is miles better than trundling around by oneself on a training run

Towels and mugs I can do without - medals and wicking t-shirts are my choice.

As for value , as they say in Yorkshire " tha gets wot thi pays fer !"

Keep up the good work - I eagerly look forward to more of the same.

See you on Wednesday hopefully

Rod, thanks for your kind words.

Hopefully see you on Wednesday too.

• Options
    Mark race starts 7pm, What time do we ideally need to pick up race packs, Before 6.30?

You mentioned something about special or free instructions for parking but can't find it now
  • Options

Hi Fit running cat,

Yes the earlier the better, registration will open around 4:30pm, with it being a evening race the main aim is to avoid delay.

In your race pack you will recieve a parking permit to allow you to park in the forest for free.

See you later image

• Options

Good morning everyone,

I Wont be on this untill after the event now as I am leaving to go setup shortly image I would just like to thank all those that have supported our event and wish you all the best of luck in the Delamere forest "MIDWEEK MADNESS" 10k later on today image

Happy running everyone.

Mark

• Options
    What an awesome event! The hills killed though.
    When can we see our results from the timing chips? Loved the event. Thank you!
  • Options
    Hi Mark. Great event with some surprising up & down bits :0) love the over sized medal too. Suspect a few of us went home with our timing chips still on our shoes. Do you need them back & if so....what address do you need them sent to. Many thanks . David
  • Options

Agreed good run, nice course particularly enjoyed the narrow twisty parts around half way. Cheers Mark

• Options

posted similar in the Liverpool Marathon thread.

I have to say the delamere 10k run was the hardest thing I've ever done, compared to half marathons, long 20 mile runs, really nasty circuit classes.

I've never done a trail run before so real experience.. I loved it.

600metre climb in the first 1-1.5k, then down hill, through forests.. more hills later on, and all the worst hills revisited on the way back. Real test of character.

After the Delamere 10k, I have no fear about the hills & tunnel section in the marathon. Awesome.

Mrs FRC loved it too... I didn't warn her about the hills so... image.

• Options

Great Run, very tough but good evening had.

Only note was that no one coming through got medals, just mugs. What happened there. My Mug will get used but starting to gain a nice collection of medals and that hill twice deserved a medal.

• Options

Hi Everyone,

Just back from Delamere now, it has been a long day! but another great day!

Thank you all for your kind words & really pleased you all enjoyed what BUGRUNS! "MIDWEEK MADNESS" had in store for you all image

Mark Gould 2 wrote (see)

Great Run, very tough but good evening had.

Only note was that no one coming through got medals, just mugs. What happened there. My Mug will get used but starting to gain a nice collection of medals and that hill twice deserved a medal.

Mark, really sorry if you didnt get your medal they where placed in the mugs it must of just been one our event team missed image but please email me your address to info@legendevents.org.uk and I will pop you one in the post! the medals where really good ones to reflect how hard you all worked tonight image

• Options
    Great run and challenge - that hill at the end was the killer for me! I would scrap the medal and mug and go for a 'technical t shirt' next year - Great race, well organised and tough!
  • Options

I agree it was a great evening but the course was so tough!! I usually get round a 10k in 45/46 minutes but think I was about an hour tonight!!  First time I've ever had to stop and walk in a race too image

I love the medal and the mug. I'll be back (hopefully with a bit more hill training) to try to beat it next year!

• Options

Just to let you all know the results are now online visit www.bugruns.org.uk on the right hand side of the page there is a link to the results!

pinkstars wrote (see)

I agree it was a great evening but the course was so tough!! I usually get round a 10k in 45/46 minutes but think I was about an hour tonight!!  First time I've ever had to stop and walk in a race too image

I love the medal and the mug. I'll be back (hopefully with a bit more hill training) to try to beat it next year!

pinkstars, hopefully we will see you back again next year to beat your time image

Everyone done really well tonight, it was a tough course and a hot evening, but I think we sent a lot of runners home really proud of what they had just achieved and rightly so because the course is tough, but it is also rewarding & scenic.

Hope to see you all at another BUGRUN! soon image

Mark

• Options
    Photos are up too..

http://www.mickhall-photos.com/mp_client/pictures.asp

Pinkstars you've cheered me up. Only got a 10k flat time from 4-5 years ago of 47-48mins and did this tonight in 48 something... So 10k flat would be way faster now, sub 44-45 even.
  • Options
    Thanks for another great event Mark. Throughly enjoyed it, even the hills image. Just check the results and nearly hit the floor to see I finished in 19th place. I really love running off road I'll have to find some more off road races.
  • Options

What a good event - I was really proud I finished what was a bloody tough course- who would have guessed we would have to tackle THE HILL twice - I have never seen as many " walking " runners.

A really good medal " sod the towel !!!!"

The weather made it a festive atmosphere which I am sure was enjoyed by both spectators and competitors,

And finally - a good choice of music instead of the modern inane stuff usually pumped out!

Next year I will be prepared for the you know what.

• Options
    PPPP ✭✭

Hi Mark,

Another great event! It was a tough but really good course. Very well organised.

A big thanks to you and all the volunteers.

Pete

• Options

Well done on 19th place Robert (StDomingo). That is impressive. Just need to improve by 8 mins & 7 secs now to win it :0) Some of us were 7 mins+ slower than for other 10Ks

• Options
    I was 6 mins off my PR for a 10k, so I was pleased. Did anyone happen to have a garmin or like device and know the total elevation loss/gain? Really curious about what was really going on. Or even an elevation profile would be brilliant!
  • Options
    David Traxler wrote (see)
    I was 6 mins off my PR for a 10k, so I was pleased. Did anyone happen to have a garmin or like device and know the total elevation loss/gain? Really curious about what was really going on. Or even an elevation profile would be brilliant!

Hi David,

One of the runners who completed the course yesterday posted his garmin stats on facebook;

CLICK HERE FOR COURSE DETAIL

Thanks for taking part, and hope to see you at another BUGRUNS! event soon image

Mark

• Options

Elavation gain was 199m and loss was 202m

Mark - great race and well organised. Totally different from pounding the pavements.  I'll have to make sure I'm nearer to the front at the start next year!