Mo Farah Trains Using The RW FIRST Marathon Schedule

MoraghanMoraghan ✭✭✭

Mr FIRST:  Hi Mo.  We've got some intervals today.

Mo:  Great, I love doing intervals.

Mr. FIRST:  We're after 4 * 1600m @ 10k - 35 to 40 seconds which for you is between 3:38 and 3:43 per mile.

Mo:  Is that a typo?  The mile world record is 3:43.

Mr. FIRST:  Erm....you could do them on a track in spikes if you think that would be easier.  Would you like to try the 800m intervals instead?

Mo:  Looks like I'd better.

Mr. FIRST:  We're after 7 * 800m @ 10k - 45 to 50 seconds which for you is an 800m in about 1:45.

Mo:  But my 800m PB is 1:48.69 and you want me to do 7?

Mr FIRST:  Perhaps we should stick to tempo running.  We want a 4m tempo at 4:18 p/mile pace.

Mo:  But that's only 8 secs a mile slower than my 5k PB over nearly 33% further!

Mr. FIRST:  You'll never get anywhere in this sport with this level of negativity.   Would you like to try 12 * 400m doing each in 50 seconds?

Mo:  Are you sure this is going to give me a good marathon time?

Comments

• Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭

Hahahaha

*trying not to laugh too loudly in my office and draw attention to that fact I am not working*

• RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭
  • Always saw Mo as a whinger.
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    *applause*
  • By the way, did I tell anyone I overtook Iwan Thomas during the Bupa London 10k? He's run in the Olympics! image
  • RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭
    I overtook Jamie Baulch on the Newport Southern Distributor Road.  He's run in the same big race as your Iwan.  image
  • Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    imageimage
  • Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭
    I beat Chris Chataway in race (okay so he is over 70 now but I'm having that!) image
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    I beat Paula Radcliffe in my debut 10k!  You'd have thought being six months pregnant would've given her a bit of momentum...
  • Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭
    Someone on the middle ground got beaten by her when she was 8 months preggers I believe (and she stopped for a pee) image
  • Well, I'm 9 months pregnant!
  • Are you trying to say that there's something wrong with the schedule?
  • You forgot to tell him he can't run with his Ipod !!
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Saffy sweety pea wrote (see)
    You forgot to tell him he can't run with his Ipod !!
    Hmmm... I suppose if he's interval training on the track it might be an impediment to his spacial awareness of those around him/listening to the coach.  I'd let him get away with it on long runs though.  image
  • Love this ! ^

Well I beat that decathlete Dean Macey in a race. Well his name was on the start list anyway - and not on the finisher list. But a win is a win eh ?
  • Genius image.
  • Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    Curly45 wrote (see)
    Someone on the middle ground got beaten by her when she was 8 months preggers I believe (and she stopped for a pee) image
    Yeah true - the press said it was 8 months but I now reckon it was 6 months based on when the child appeared. I'd have whipped her if she'd been 8 months pregnant. image
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Anyone would think that the FIRST programme was a generic programme aimed at slower runners... image

• Nice work, Mr M image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    lol. image
  • quite ironic becasue on the sky special report his coach said his performances in training were sub standard compared to his race times  image
  • Brilliant image
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    'ckin hillarious....well done that man. Mind you, my mate Frank Horwill wasn't overly impressed with that session...he says Tim Hutchins could have done it on one leg.
  • Brilliant! image image

I'll stick with Hal Higdon ... or is that similar ???
  • MoraghanMoraghan ✭✭✭
    ..and Tim Hutchings would deny it all as usual Tom!