PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    Done as copy & paste from iPhone so apologies for any errors.
  • m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    And the last bit it seems to have missed

Had a quick chat & she disappeared. At this point I was really start to think about my foot & the pain.

The pain when running was still here but no worse - but it when walking it was actually hurting more. I was annoyed because I wanted a good race - I hadn't put in all the training & everything else I've done just to walk another IM mara!

So after 10-11 miles & suffering walking past all the massive pirate cheers at the grandstand I decided not to continue.

Sorry to OC if I was miserable or rude I spoke to you.

Could I have walked the last 16 miles? Probably. Would it have hurt? Yes. What would it achieve? Don't know; I'm already an IM. I only have two feet.

I put this next paragraph on my club forum "I'm sure not everyone will agree with my decision. So far I've only had supportive comments (to my face anyway!) and I'll stick with those. It has been my time, money & effort invested & me who had to deal with that."

I am fitter & stronger overall than I've ever been & have achieved so much this year. Yesterday was meant to be the icing on the cake..... Or maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

So again, thanks again to the pirates. I think I have found my new club x
  • M.itten - It's was great to meet you and it sound's like you made the right decision

It's not always about finishing, hope you're sorted soon

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

great to see everyone and help marshall and support you all to what was overall fantastic times - so many PB's and with Melli winning the ladies race what can you say??  superb

and hats off to OSB who put on this event. they do a cracking job to make it a great experience for everyone involved - chapeau Ian and team.

• Thanks to you pirates for your inspiration...the Fink for outlaw thread seemed to fizzle out but I got on with Fink and despite fading in the run I achieved a fantastic time a little over 13 hours, far better than I could have imagined when I signed up for this.

Great show of yellow suits and by coincidence my cycle top was yellow so I felt like an honorary member! Excellent service at the feed station and great support from other pirates at the scoreboard.

I had an amazing day....first text home  "Never again".... !! ........

A great event and so many comments from people that it was better than the M-dot branded events.

Well done everyone.

• I'm back after a long day at the bike feedstation. It was awesome to have so many pirates to cheer on, and it was a fantastic day. My skin in burnt from the sun and wind,my arms ache, and my throat is sore from shouting "High 5" "Gels" "Go Pirates" and of course "Raaaaaaaargh!"  image.

Had a great time, caught up with old friends and made many more new ones imageimage

• Not sure if anyone has posted this but - this is in Triathlete Europe daily email today...

http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2012/07/02/gallery-the-2012-outlaw-triathlon/

Well done everyone image

• Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Excellent report M.itten, and I reckon you're absolutely right - you have nothing to prove, and you only have 2 feet! 

I had an ace day too (and thank you to Fraggle for being my feedstation mentor!) Lovely to meet so many of you (although it was such a day of confusion I'm not even entirely sure who I met...)

Short (and extremely shabby - sorry!) video of Podds finishing is here...

https://vimeo.com/45057927

• What an absolutely fantastic day yesterday. I loved (nearly) every minute of it and I can honestly say that I couldn't have done it without the fantastic support that the Pirates give.

Every time I was starting to feel drained I'd hear an AAAAAARRRGH or be given a nod by a fellow Pirate (there were a few exceptions where my greeting was met with a look of disgust but thankfully they were the exception to the rule) . Pirate cheers were just the little boost we all need to get through the day and I was quite overwhelmed by the fact so many people would give up so much of their time to support those out on the course. Absolutely second to none.

I'm thinking that was my first and last but who knows?image

Was hoping for sub 13 and was just over that by 12 mins ( the 30 mins I spent in transition may have played a part in that!!)

Congratulations to all those who participated yesterday and a massive massive thank you to the unparalleled support network that is the Pirate Ship of Fools. Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!image
  • Dr Daffs wrote (see)

Excellent report M.itten, and I reckon you're absolutely right - you have nothing to prove, and you only have 2 feet! 

I had an ace day too (and thank you to Fraggle for being my feedstation mentor!) Lovely to meet so many of you (although it was such a day of confusion I'm not even entirely sure who I met...)

Short (and extremely shabby - sorry!) video of Podds finishing is here...

https://vimeo.com/45057927

nice to meet you too Daffs image  how are the arms today ? image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Just wanted to say that it was great to meet everyone yesterday - you lot are all insane and huge congratulations to everyone for the immense effort! Hopefully I'll be there next year to pop my ironman cherry image

Oh, and cheers to Septic Tank for nearly talking Cake into wearing a kilt image

I have some photos...

/members/images/509622/Gallery/pirate3.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/pirate2.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/pirate1.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Melli.jpg

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Viking.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Swim.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Steve-and-Tom.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Pirate-feed-station.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Pirate-drinking.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Cake-and-Gastank.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Barlist.jpg

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

The last one really needs a caption... "Is this a donut I see before me?"

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Thanks to everyone, my first go at long distance tri. I did the swim and run as part of a relay team The Rock Steady Crew.
    My partner wearing a harlequin cycle jersey found out how the pirates support and was so happy, after 112 miles in that wind and rain, he wants to do the whole thing next year.

Individual thanks to HappyChap for the hug when my back and hip were hurting on the run(sorry for the tears), Kittenkat for the sip of  beer (it did help for 500m),Meface for his cuddle when I was down and walking on the way back from County Hall turn around point, Cake for trying to massage my back to ease the pain. But most of all thanks to all the pirate supporters whose names I don't know, it really makes it possible.

Finish chute was incredible, 2014 remains a possibility in my mind.

• Typical - Barley is always eating!

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Steve.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/pirate6.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/pirates.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Monkey.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/pirate7.jpg

/members/images/509622/Gallery/Holgs.jpg

• A massive Thank You to everyone there yesterday, the support was incredible and my family were completely smitten with the pirate family and friends, I am in a lot of trouble for not giving advance warning so they could jump on the band wagon!

I'm absolutely overjoyed with the fact that I even survived the swim (10 mins of tears on the bike as a result!) and my secret 'A' goal was sub 15 so beating that by 90 mins is beyond anything I could've ever hoped for.

Thanks all for your tips and advice on here, cake from a pirate supporter at mile 18 of the run, shouts of encouragement from a lead pirate female as she lapped me on the bike, the cat and mouse game for 40 miles on the bike with another (I didn't cry!) and the gum when I was unceremoniously vomiting on my shoes (classy this ironman business isn't it?!). Sorry I don't know any names, my brain is complete mush today.

Despite feeling like I've been stamped on by a herd of elephants I'm completely hooked and already planning the next one image

Where do I sign up?!
  • Great to see Cake again in such good spirits (and having drunk some too I suspect).

• To all the pirates that did the outlaw go job To the pirates on the feedstation thank you for haveing me lot's of love . (S.M.T.) AKA BUTTON MUSHROOM.

• Top job everyone, congrats.  All I did yesterday was a marathon and I'm aching like hell .... can't imagine what you're all feeling like!  Looking forward to seeing you all on the TV! 

• Home safe, pizza in the oven and about to open a beer!

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend's racing!

I suppose I now need to write a race report!
  • Little Ninja wrote (see)
    gastank wrote (see)

don't you lot give up? image

No and NO, but I like the flare gun.... close but not dangerous (don't think chasing live flares is good idea) and doesn't glow (would be much better if it did)

gastank wrote (see)

it's not a frisbee.... more interesting than a frisbee

Do those of us who couldn't make it to the pub get to find out what the damn thing was? image

Oh, and someone said they released next year's date in the race briefings, only I *may* have left before the end... anyone know when it is? Thank you image

• 7 July...I wanted to leave but my mum made me stay image
  • HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Erm I want to say 7th July Frodo. And you are welcome Steady. An orsum first performance especially when things were really tough.
  • Frodo minardi says thank you for the loan of the pirate kit, she really enjoyed the support from all the Pirates. She is in the process of washing it. (can you PM me with your address, thanks)