PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• Cheers. Think that rules me out. So the search goes on for the right one next summer image 

• Will do, Postie image 

Come on - spill! What was it?!  

• Thanks for all the support guys, Pirates rock

The feed station was awesome,sorry I couldn't come along today, family called. Fantastic to see Melli win, isnt that against the pirate rules? A 12-25-01 for me a 3 second PB!
  • What was it????? Please somebody tell me what it was. 

• Mitten..... you cant be grumpy in an ironman, just in a ( difficult) moment

You still win the best armwarmer prize though.... and no matter how things went, you get stronger with the effect of the training......

Now, where has that lanza thread link gone.....
  • Superb weekend image

Hi Frodo *waves*- lovely to be your team mate even if we did only speak for a couple of minutes.

I only did the run, but the support and spirit were tremendous. So great to meet so many Pirates and my family had a wonderful time.

KK - thanks again for the loan of your top - was so much more comfortable. Really appreciate it.

• m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    Can I come to Lanza just to support & be part of it all please? Pretty please.
  • All I can say is "Wow" reading these reports. From the sounds of it those racing and those supporting were all rockstars! When I spole to Slower Than I Look he said that in 2011, he felt amost sorry for non Pirate racers because of the support the yellow and black skull and crossbones recieved.

Well, July 7th is in the diary for next year for me and I can not frickin' wait!

• Well done all competitors. I wasn't in pirate rigging  - strange woman in red fleece and jacket instead - but yelled at most pirates at some spot or other. My day was mostly spent saying...Hi 5?   Hi 5?  Hi 5?  Bananas are next (repeat) followed by Hi 5? No we've run out of bananas? Hi 5?  

Moving onto the run it was...keep it going...doing well...brilliant achievement...well done!    (occasional private thought of ...omg he/she looks like death)image

Lovely to see old pirate friends and new.

• A quick messsage to say thanks for all the support from the Pirates, especially at the turn point of the run. where I did hear the shou of   ''The power of the Pirates''  I had a very hard day, although I never expected it to be easy. A full report will follow.

It was great to meet up with pirates I met lastyear and put faces to those I had not, just wish I could remember which faces went with which names. Sorry I couldn't stay for the Beer Fest but back to work today.

• Will scribble some sort of report later....

Someone seems to have taken my ability to walk tho this morning !

• Morning pirates.

Anyone else feel sh1t?

• PodroPodro ✭✭✭

(Very) short report, full report to follow.

Swim: Glub Glub splosh. can't manage freestyle. Switch to breast stroke for almost the whole way. Finish just inside cut-off. Tight wetsuit RRRRRIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPED from my quivering wimpering body by muscular young lady with the manner of school matron. Awesome.

Bike: FB and Petal saw me off at start. Pedal pedal pedal. Slow swim means lots of overtaking and shouting AARRRRGGGH at pedalling pirates. Windy. Unbelievable reception at pirate feed station. Passed Cornish digger who was suffering and Swiss Bobby who was worrying about Little sister. Rain. Hail. Sun. Relieved to finish but legs rather tired.

Run: Plod plod plod. started OK but steadily got slower. Very windy on the draaag up the lake towards the finish. Ended up running with Muffintop and later joined by Coach Barlos. Fantastic support around the course from pirates. Also from the non-pirate support staff. Finall got to the last lap around the lake. Muffintop sprints off into the distance like a startled gazelle. Stagger to the end. Fantastic to run down the finish tunnel with all the pirates cheering. Finished in just under 14 hours.

Great support as always from the pirates. Mrs Funkin tried to persuade me to do Lanza next year. Might think about it when my legs stop hurting.

Stunning result for Melli. Hope the ear gets better.

• Just wanted to drop in and say well done to all the Pirates at Outlaw and that from a marshalling point of view seeing all you lot there really made it worth standing out in the cold, wind and rain for 9 hours!  I was the lunatic woman who was marshalling you at the roundabout kind of between loops, the one you went round three times, and was wearing the wooly tiger (or possibly bear depending on how you looked at it) hat.  I 'arrggghhh'ed at every single one of you every time you came past me, and probably should appologise for the awful pun of saying 'it's not faaaaaaar now' when you came past me for the third time.  Not all of you got it, but I'd started to loose it a bit by then and found it amusing for a while image  Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to all you lot as those of you that 'arrggghh'ed back at me, high fived me as you went past or simply said thank you totally made it worth being there all that time and it truly is a day I will never forget image

• I so didn't recognise you in the hat, TST!!
    I said nice hat the first time, thank you the second, but I may have just grimaced on the last...sorry image

• TST - I remember you and your hat on that roundabout, you were very encouraging with your arrggghhhh's. Massive thanks to you and all the other marshalls, it's a long day for you guys tooimage.

I couldn't possibly high 5 anybody on my bike, I would fall off, but I did plenty of of aarrrggghhhh's and thumbs up's.

• Two-Stroke Tart - I am not going to lie after a while I thought, what with a tiger hat on... that you were just giving me a sexy growl. I was the one who tried to give a sexy growl back. Probably wasnt that sexy! image

• Will post a full review tonight hopefully... what a weekend... full of excitement, banter, commiserations, smiles and more banter... can't really complain despite the result.

Well done guys

and a massive massive thank you to all the marshalls and the feed station crew... you guys were amazing!!!

• TST - you were brilliant and cheered me up when i passed your smilling face..thanksimage

• Pleased to see you then TST - I think it was easier cycling than staying on a roundabout all day. It really helped with the banter from the marshalls. Thanks for all your efforts ! And it was a very nice hat. Hope it kept you warm !

• Hey TST, I was the Pirate who said "Nice hat" every time I went past you!! It was great to see you out there! And great work and thanks or being there!
  • Hey Little Sister

Was that your mum supporting out on the run course who kept on popping up left, right and centre and who I met for the last time at the top of the stairs at the centre after a marshal had very kindly carried my bike up?

If it was can you please say a huge thank you to her as she was phenomenal image

• Pirates Rock     image

• I have very self indulgently updated my forum name imageimage

• TST - top marshalling and loved the hat - it was a bear in my view.

Top pirating to the pirate supporters - you guys rock.

Short Race Report

Swim: Oh look a dead fish, oh the turn around, is this uphill?
    Bike: Aaaaargghhhh - Awesome fun
    Walk: Broke this up with some running from time to time
    Pub: Awesome

M.eface

• IronPodds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

Hey Little Sister

Was that your mum supporting out on the run course who kept on popping up left, right and centre and who I met for the last time at the top of the stairs at the centre after a marshal had very kindly carried my bike up?

If it was can you please say a huge thank you to her as she was phenomenal image

If she ws wearing a blue fleece and had a Frenchman with her then yes it was & will do! She claims to have forgotten her Pirate t-shirt this year, after seeing all the Mini Pirate supporters with "My Mum / Dad's a Pirate" on the back, Swiss Bobby & I got her one that says "My kids are Pirates" on it! image

Iron Muffin wrote (see)

I have very self indulgently updated my forum name imageimage

Me too!! image image