Options

PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• Options

bburn plodder

great report

glad we helpped in whatever way we could

• Options

I'll do a race report or in my case how the crash and burn while looking like a muppet in a bit for for now WELL DONE & thankyou !!!!!!!! All of you wether you where racing supporting or just chilling.

Dustboy wrote (see)

Great to see Cake again in such good spirits (and having drunk some too I suspect).

image Might have had an odd sherry by that point you ok mate heard you had problems but couldn't find out if you where ok.

sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Is that 25 metres or miles?

It was great to meet everyone at the weekend. Either I'm easily influenced, or you lot are powerful persuaders - I've been out of the bike today and am looking for a half ironman to enter this autumn as a test for the full thing next year...

image Althrough please wait for the dr to take a look at your knee first before the half ironing.

• Options

I'll do a full race report later on my blog but an overview is below.

I started of with at least half mile of being hit in the swim, I was in good swim zone I nearly swam past the turnaround buoy. On the way back I was still getting hit a bit but also managed not to be drafting. I completed the swim 3 minutes faster than my previous 2.4 mile swim PB time and also beat my youngest brother image

The cycle I went of to fast for me in the first 40 miles or so, which made the last 40 miles a bit interesting especially in the wind and rain plus some aid stations (not the pirate aid station) were running out of supplies.

The run I used the run as far as possible method and got to 16 miles before the wheels fell off and I had to walk the next 8 miles. I then realised if I run/walked the remaining distance I could get under 15 hours. So for the remaining 2.5 miles I ran/walked in about 200m sections and made just few minutes under 15 hours.

Surprisingly that is only about 30 minutes away from my pb yet I did a lot less distance training this year.

• Options
    Slag (iatt) wrote (see)

Yay TST .. so you were the tiger at the roundabout .. brilliantimage .. thanks for your support and the yarring and not faaarrring ..even if the not farrrr was a bit of a fib image.

Glad you don't want to kill me for the faarrring bit!  image  In a way it wasn't far, think it was about 10 miles from us to the finish, which considering you'd already done 100 kinda means it wasn't far!  Am really pleased lots of you were cheered up by the hat and my general over enthusiastic supporting, it's great to feel I've helped a little with getting people round.

Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

i *may* consider IM in 2015 image

Erm, me too!  Marshalling made me realised that I'm not the only slow one out there, nor the only one who's ever missed the cut off and the maybe I've got it in me to do Outlaw.  I've still got an injury to recover from and some other life issues to sort, but if everything goes to plan then 2015 could see me out there.  Plus it'll take me that long to save up the entry fee! image

• Options

I am disappointed to have missed the chance of a few more beers in the Bridge on Monday but pleased to hear both sorrows and successes were drowned in true Pirate style.

I trust the girls had good fun administering my offering for "best lunchbox" during awards ceremony?

Rw

• Options

Outlaw race report

Prerace

Loved camping with all the pirates – we took over an entire field with a few poor souls dotted about! It was brilliant to see old friends and meet new and match faces to names! Some real characters in the campsite – a group I love being involved with!

Fireworks as we were settling down for the night wasn’t so welcome but still a restfull sleep

Swim             Target 1.20    Actual 1.21

The swim was much more manic than I had intended. The plan was to start at the back of pen 2. I got in the water early to make sure I was appropriately warmed up – the kayakers had formed a line to prevent anybody going too far off. As it was a deepwater start I assumed we would be starting at the kayakers – to my horror right before the start they moved everyone back to the slipways and I was right at the front. I secretly enjoyed the washing machine/ wrestling match that was the mass start! I found the one loop quite taxing – 1.2 miles looks a very long way in a straight line! Much more comfortable on the way back

Cycle              Target 7.30   Actual 6.18

I loved the cycle! It’s always been my weekest disaplin & I finally feel im getting competitive it in. The wind was a pain, but I fould the smooth road surface and gentle undulations were a real pleasure to ride on. On a less windy day that would be a seriously quick course. It was great seeing so many cheerful familiar faces. There was a real spirit amoungst all the competitors and pretty much everyone was happy to engage me in conversation! No dramas at all on the bike apart from severe ball ache from about mile 60 – I loved the cycle but if they had let me I would have thrown my bike in the lake I was so pleased to be off the bike

Run             Target 4.30    Actual 4.23

In my first IM I over-ate on the run and ended up with 15 toilet stops (quite literally pissing away ½ hr!) this time I did the obvious rookie error of over compensating and did eat enough early on in the run, my first lap was quick and I felt great, but on the second out and back I felt myself start to slip backwards down the field quite rapidly and turn in a zombie state and was walking a lot more than the planned strategy of just the aid stations. I was GB who was being tended to on the side of the path by his brother while they waited for first aid – for more than just a second I was incredibly tempted to lie down in the grass next to him “I could do a nap” and was halfway down before I caught myself realising that that would have been a total game changer and I never would have got back up!! On I stumbled to next aid station where the combination of flat cola and oranges kick started me back to life. The reminder of the run was quite strong & I felt over the moon doing my last lap. The finish was magnificent – such great support – thank you!

Overall           Target 13.30   Actual 12.13

A massive 2hr and 1 minute pb!! Absolutely made up!

• Options

A close run contest I think Robbie.  Nicko won because he was 'Hugh', or something like that, apparently!! image  I couldn't hear Brian the Snail very well!  image  We only have Nicko's word for that though!!!!  image

• Options

A massive thank you to all pirate competitors and supporters - what a brilliant group to be part over

so many fantastic characters & I'm dead proud to be involved in such an awesome group

• Options

It was great to spend time at the Outlaw this weekend.  Loved helping out on the feed station, loved being part of the great Gladys All Over Relay team and gutted I missed the prizegiving.

I can safely say that I will never do another 5k swim and hots off to SA as the only other Pirate muppet to do it and say in a very un-piratey way he enjoyed a swim!

It was a fantastic weekend to be a Pirate

• Options

And just to add .......... how fecking hard is it being an Ironman Supporter??  All I'm saying is that I am glad I hard dark glasses on when watching the finish chute.  True guts!

• Options
    My OH is convinced it is easier to compete rather than spectate.

She refuses to swap over and let me watch her race for some reason
  • Options
    Official photos are up here

http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/home.py?event=Sports/CPUK/2011/Outlaw Triathlon

Had a nice relaxing day sorting mingy kit out and felt recovered enough to go out for an hours ride on the fixie. What to do next is the question image
  • Options

RBM, I need a training partner for Channel Swim 2013...

Rw

• Options

Loving the reports so far and about to wander over to the race report thread. Congrats on all finishers and commisserations to the DNFs.

• Options

Results on OSB are now including the bike and run splits, but they dont tell you how many miles they are at  image

• Options

Just popping in to say a big thank you for all the pirate support.  I will be doing a race report and it will be blinking long but just wanted to say a big thank you for all the support and advice.  I had a fantastic day thanks to you lot.  A big thanks to Plum my mentor for putting up with me and to Flat.Footed for taking my phone call and filling my head with such great strategy for my run/walk which I was dreading.  Thanks to you FF I got through it without breaking down or breaking my achilles.

Race report will follow but it may take a while cos I do like a waffle.image

It's not quite sunk in yet though.  I keep breaking out into a huge grin from time to time.  I actually did it!!!  I am an Outlaw who'd have bloody thought it. image

• Options

Now I remember! Of course it was Mr Zuvai who yelled the immortal "I'm fine but my balls are on fire!!

You almost won quote of the day with that!  

• Options

When I say a long report, I think it will be even longer than I thought..... One page full and I've not even got to race morning yet!!!!  I may need to cut off some waffle. image

• Options

S'ok .. I am sure there is unlimited space   image

• Options

Is it ever going to stop raining. Twice today, as my rain sodden tent has almost dried it has rained AGAIN image.

Flat.Footed's run/walk strategy got me going.

• Options

I bet it did  image

• Options
    Were your balls on fire too then Cat?
  • Options

Run/Walk is a very good strategy to use be that in IM or a standalone marathon

There is more information here from the guy who invented it and also helps with finding the right formula for you, someeasy reading to fill the time  image

• Options

cat............it has only stopped raining here so my tent hasn't made it out of my living room

• Options

Is your place like one of those Russian dolls Seren?  A tent in a house  ... do you have a kennel in the tent? image

• Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)

Run/Walk is a very good strategy to use be that in IM or a standalone marathon

There is more information here from the guy who invented it and also helps with finding the right formula for you, someeasy reading to fill the time  image

Thanks for the link Melds. 

• Options

Schmunks, you will find it useful as there are lots of numbers and explanations and everything  image