Speedo Q&A 6: How to juggle three sports

2»

Comments

• just read back through and noticed that your and M.tri's questions were ignored.....................maybe he had not ben informed of how the screens work..............i would have thought TW were keeping track and would have picked that up..

bad luck....good questions

• What must the impression be to the experts who come in to give their time and knowledge to be faced with half a dozen people?

Agreed with the above, a little bit more notice would create a far better impression of RW/TW as a whole

Poor show again
  • I hit the mod alert button so hopefully we'll get a response... just in case our questions are missed.
  • Hi all,

Sorry that you don't feel these Q&A sessions have been well-advertised. They have featured in a number of RW and TW Latest newsletters (which reach hundreds of thousands of members) as well as being flagged up on twitter and facebook. There is also a full calendar of dates, experts and topics on the TW homepage here: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/triathlete/triathlon-swim/pose-your-questions-to-speedos-experts/6738.html

I have also now added a carousel on the TW homepage which takes people through to the thread (on the day of the chat) or the main intro page (the rest of the time).

It's always helpful for us to know how best to reach you all with info like this - it is a fantastic series of experts we've managed to get on board and obviously I want you all to benefit as much as possible. If you could let me know how we could have reached you all to flag these up more in advance I'd be very grateful!

Alice

• Alice I would think even flagging the thread the day before would do the trick, I suspect a few of us 'residents' rarely look at home pages
    It is apparent by the number of new posters when these sessions take place that your external advertising is working but you are missing the in-house bit

• yes agree with meldy..............i rarely visit the home page....image
  • Flagging the thread the day before would help. There may be some trial and error in terms of when to open the thread so the 'experts' don't get bombarded with questions and then not have the time to answer the questions in full.  Maybe they need a scribe if they are a slow typist image Also, can you publish a list of upcoming speakers so we know who is due to be online?  

As a side note, last week two questions were missed so maybe some from RW can keep an eye on the questions in case there are x-posts.

Ps. I can't remember his name now but I thought the sports psychologist swim coach came across really well. Please  bring him back image

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    Home. Page.

wassat then??

do people really get to these forums via the Home page?? I haven't for years.

and one other thing - get rid of the sticky the day after it's finsihed