Running in St Jean de Monts France

This time next week I'll be in transit to St Jean de Monts which is in the La Vendee area of France for 2 weeks. Please don't feel too sorry for me image

I was there last year and loved my morning runs from the campsite along the beach and the promenade and I covered up to 20 kms some days (usually before my family woke up).

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had experience of running through the trails in the woods in the area ? Is there anywhere I can get a map ?

Comments

•  Hi,

I live in France but not in this area. However you could try the local tourist office and ask them. I know that where I live (in Normandy) they do give out this kind of info. Have just been to check their website which is in English (http://www.en.saint-jean-de-monts.com). Maybe you could drop then an email to check?

Have a good trip.

• RedjeepRedjeep ✭✭✭

Thanks Louise. I'll check that link and ask around when I get there as well.

I'd just booked the ferries yesterday evening and am starting to get into holiday mood ! I'm also hoping to be better prepared than when we went last year when I got completely lost on my first run.....image (and yes I did have to ask for directions, despite being a bloke !).

• RedjeepRedjeep ✭✭✭

That's a great website, thanks Louise.

I've just realised that the Tour de France goes thro' when I'm there, but my 18yo son is grief stricken as he's found out that there's an International Beach Volley ball competition just AFTER we leave....