Kingston Running Festival

Comments

• The story so far (race numbers in brackets)

8 Miler

Annajo
    Bootie?
    Caz (1991)
    Chris Hall
    John Tadman
    Jon

16 Miler

Karen Hardy
    Keith
    Romford Runner
    Snoop (1058)
  • I'm away for the weekend so don't know whether I'm in or not!
  • That's ok, we can remove you on Monday if necessary!
  • You sound as if you'd enjoy it! you little...
  • I'm doing the 8 miler. It's a local race for me as I live in Kingston. No race number yet. I notice a few other forumites say it's local. Does anyone train in Richmond Park? Perhaps we could do a few training runs togetherto tune up for Brighton.
  • Good idea... I'm a Tooting lad
  • David, I've added you to the list. If you are doing this one are you doing the Cabbage Patch 10 the following week? I'm not local to this one otherwise I'd join you on the training front.
  • I hadn't planned to do it. I usually restict myself to one a month otherwise wife and kids threaten to leave me. But as it's local I may get special dispensation. I'll let you know.
  • My wife and I are travelling down to Kingston from Newcastle upon Tyne to do the marathon (my first) and the 8 miler respectively. I have entered a number of triathlon's organised by Human Race and although they are quite expensive, I always think that you get could value for money. I am used to the 8.00 am start as all the triathlon's that I do start at about this time of the day.
  • 8 Miler

Annajo
    Bootie?
    Caz (1991)
    Chris Hall
    DavidP
    John Tadman
    Jon
    Mrs Dodgson

16 Miler

Karen Hardy
    Keith
    Romford Runner
    Snoop (1058)

Marathon

Richard Dodgson
  • I'm doing the Marathon (163) - cos no time for NY - and my v lovely running partner Katy and her equally lovely husband are doing the 16 miler.
  • Hi all
    Been away for a week and see that there are 43 posts for a local run I'm doing.
    Hi David, use to use Richmond Park on Sundays for my training runs when I was training for the London Marathon, and I also did the Nike 10k, great place to train, views, terrain, loos (water stops) etc
    Richard , try swimming in the Thames at 6 am !
    Got to say John Lunt of Human Race does do a fantastic job, I do 5 of his triathlons and both run events a year and I am considering in doing the Ball Buster and all the events are well organised, lots of water stops, results on their web site the next day and are very popular.
    and Human Race were the official organiser for the Commonwealth Games Triathlon.
    Kingston Town is also a great shopping centre with many coffee bars and pubs along the Thames, well worth spending some time after the race chilling out in the Town.
    My race number is 2069 blue and I'm in the 8 miler, also do the Cabage Patch, and sadly haven't got the 'offical' vest
    icial vest.
    Oh, two other things any budding triathletes worth checking out Sigma Sport who are just over Kingston Bridge www.sigma-sport.co.uk, and The Sweat Shop, a great running shop, is in Teddington, apox 3 miles from the finish.
    Hope to bump into some of you guys.

• Caz,

Better drop me off the list, found out that I have been booked into a golf competition on that morning so can't do both :( Guess the long run will now take place on Saturday instead.

Good luck to all that are running
  • Hi Cas, I'll be doing the marathon at Kingston this Sunday. I did it last year and it was a really well organised event, very flat and they manage to incorporate all 3 races really well. Could do with getting a bit more than a mug as a memento though (I'm just a medal hunter!). Recommend it to you, even if it is an unearthly hour.
  • Morning all, all set for Sunday?!

Nicholas, you're friend Katy wouldn't happen to be South African would she? I have a friend Katy from work running in the 16 miler, although to my knowledge she isn't married.

8 Miler

Annajo
    Bootie?
    Caz (1991)
    Chris Hall
    DavidP
    John Tadman
    Jon
    Mrs Dodgson
    Triathlon Boy (2069)

16 Miler

Karen Hardy
    Katy
    Nicholas Beale (163)
    Romford Runner
    Snoop (1058)

Marathon

John Smith
    Richard Dodgson
  • I realise there are lots of Katy's in the world, but I just wondered :)

Oh and typing error, I meant your not you're.
  • Hi Caz

I'm hopefully in the 8 mile race. I posted my application a bit late so I'll have to see if I get in. It's my local too.
  • Not sure if I'm in (sob)
  • Glad to see that so many people are taking part on Sunday. My number for the marathon is 59. How is everyone preparing for the race this week? Marina (i.e. Mrs Dodgson) and I did an easy run yesterday. I also have runs planned for Tuesday and Thursday of this week. All of these are short (60 mins) and easy.

Triathlon Boy - I competed at Windsor in 2000, so I have also experienced 6.00 am in the Thames. Have you done HIMUK? 6.30 in Lake Paddarn is cold and dark. Thanks for the info about Sigma Sports.
  • Caz,
    Recieved my race number & stuff for this one on Saturday. But I've cleverly left it at home. I'm entered in the 8 miler. Will let you know my number tommorow. Looking forward to it now (I think), its only round the corner from me to....
  • Josie/Jon, don't worry, see what happens this week, or call them on the helpline number and see if they can tell you.

Richard, I did a short run of about 4.5-5 miles yesterday, I did intend on doing more, but I had lots to do yesterday. May go for an easy run Tuesday night and I have a tempo run Wednesday night at the club of 4.3 miles. (But I'm doing the 8 miler unlike you, and good luck!)

8 Miler

Annajo
    Bootie?
    Caz (1991)
    Chris Hall
    DavidP
    John Tadman
    Jon
    Josie Jump
    Mrs Dodgson
    Triathlon Boy (2069)

16 Miler

Karen Hardy
    Katy
    Nicholas Beale (163)
    Romford Runner
    Snoop (1058)

Marathon

John Smith
    Richard Dodgson (59)
  • Oh Bootie, glad you're in. I'll get rid of the question mark now.
  • They are fully subscribed I notice! I sent my form off last monday and haven't experienced the 24hr turn over of no. so it ain't looking good! I might still scrape myself out of bed to watch though!
  • Caz

I'm in the Marathon not the 16 Miler.

Katy's not S African and v married to Fergus (who did the NY Ultra last year - NY will be his 1st mere Marathon)

Do put up running nos if known. I'b be in Serpie colours and plan to do 8m30 miles for the 1st 21.

Nicholas
  • Jon,

I only submitted my form on Tuesday (I think) & recieved my confirmation
    ace number on Saturday, so there maybe light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Nicholas, not the same Katy then! I'll change your details.

• Not looking good for me :-( I rang the number on the web site and they said they are accepting entries upto Friday 4th but as this was the day I posted it's not that hopeful. Just out of interest, if someone can't run could someone else use their number?
  • Josie, best call them and ask if it's ok to change names. I did this with Windsor and they allowed it, although I ended up not running as they had promised the number to someone else already.
  • Yippee,

I emailed the organisers and just got an email back to say that I should be OK. Next question is why am I so happy to be subjecting my self to 1 1/2 hrs of serious exertion?