Kingston Running Festival

Comments

• John@humanrace,
    Thanks very much for dropping the race pack in last night. It was very kind of you.
    Cheers.
  • Hi Caz

Managed to write down my number today it's 528.
    Good Luck everyone , hope 2 c u on Sunday.
  • Caz,
    Did you say your putting nicknames on backs?

Think I'd rather be anonymous as I will probably be really hanging out for the last couple of miles, & maybe the middle 4, & maybe even the first 2 !!
  • Bootie, you can remain anonymous if you like, no worries.

There was talk of putting nicknames on our backs for big meet ups at races, such as Brighton and other ones being arranged. I suppose since there are only a few of us at Kingston (by comparison) then I don't suppose we'd have much bother remembering who is who.
  • I second snoops excellent suggestion. We must fix a meeting place as lots only seem to log on at work.
  • Well I know Kingston quite well, & Snoops right, Natwest would be a good idea.
  • Fine by me. I can't really add much to the meeting point debate because I don't know the area, but a NatWest bank on the market square can't be that hard to find!
  • Good luck to all of you and may you all get the times you want. I am disapointed at not being able to make so will do my last NY training run on Saturday.
  • 8 Miler

Jon 0:57:00
    Brunswick (1407) 1:00:00
    DavidP (2267) 1:00:00
    John Tadman (2056) 1:04:00
    Caz (1991) 1:08:00
    Bootie (2176) 1:10:00
    Annajo (1940) 1:19:00
    Chris Hall
    Josie Jump (2346) 1:20:00
    Mrs Dodgson
    Triathlon Boy (2069)

16 Miler

Jason L (540) 2:30:00
    Snoop (1058) 2:18:00
    Romford Runner (528) 2:22:00
    Superdaz (399) 2:30:00
    Karen Hardy

Marathon

Andrew Smith (86) 3:45:00
    Nicholas Beale (163) 3:55:00
    John Smith
    Richard Dodgson (59)
    RichardR (37) 3:15:00

So 8am outside Natwest on the market square.

See you there folks, enjoy the weekend and good luck!!

Cheers

Caz
  • good luck, weather forcast not too good.
    hope you all run well and achieve your goals.
    John
  • Also anyone fancy taking a photo at c11:45 of finishing?
  • Sounds like I'd better dig out the beanie. Ah well.

Oh by the way. I belive on the stuff you get with your number that we are entitled to a visit to a Holmes place of our choice. There is really nice one in the Bentalls Centre so if you ring and make an appointment it could be free shower/sauna/pool.
  • Well what fun. My occasional running partner Natalia took Katy's place (officially) and did her 16 in a leisurely (for her) 1h55. My 'walk while you're ahead' race plan really worked and I came in in 3h46m32 which is >25min better than my previous PB of 4h12m10s. I'm convinced I could have done 3h44m55 if I'd either stuck more rigorously to the plan (ie walked more) or been willing to cripple myself - but sub 3h45 is a good target for London 2003.

[for those who don't know, and are interested, Walk while you're Ahead means:
    a. Set a realistic target pace with target times for each mile.
    b. When you reach the mile marker ahead of the target, WALK until the time you should have reached the mile marker.

Results: always refreshed, less bored, you know you have something in reserve and you know you will hit your target time it you stick to the plan]
  • I agree ... great fun thanks to this afternoon's rain holding off. Ran a 59:40 in the 8.2 thanks to some bloke called Martin pulling me round. The Walk While you're Ahead plan sounds like a good one ... especially for idiots like me who went off too fast.

Hope everyone else had a good time and didn't get sick in the custard paste in the "godie bag".
  • My legs hurt! Targetted sub 3.15 and cracked it with 3.08.25..PB by over 11 mins so pretty happy, even with achy legs! Hope everyone else enjoyed the morning...I was looking for Caz, but didn't see a rabbit anywhere!
  • The Gatorade running festival is over for another year......
    hope you all got the time you were shooting for. Lots of distance combinations were run today and so we are still trying to sort out the " anomalies", where people started in one race and did another distance etc. Some told us, some didnt. We had people enter the 16 run the 8, enter the marathon and do 18 miles (1 small and 2 big laps) etc etc. At the moment the results are meaningless and it will take a bit of time to sort out so please be patient.
    hope you enjoyed your day out in Kingston and hopefully we'll see you back on the 23rd of March for the adidas breakfast run. After a 4am start we need some sleep-John
  • HUMAN RACE & John

Another great day, many thanks John. You do a grand job. Look forward to 23rd March 2003. Well organised, marshalled, and plenty to drink. Just one thing, what an earth was that custard thing-ie. I left mine for any takers.
  • WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Aargh. Runners tummy troubles struck, so I was one of the 'entered the 16, did 8' brigade. Sometimes even immodium doesn't even work. Still suffering now. did 77.17 with walk from 6 to 7, and then a bit more in the last mile. At least now we know the great Paula even has 'trouble' sometimes!

Bumped into Snicks, Romford Runner and 'Jason'. How did you all do? I missed the rain - sorry.
  • Thanks to John Lunt and Human Race for another great event and I had a dry weather race.
    See you at the Ball Buster - 8 mile run 24 mile bike 8 mile run, argh!
  • Good morning everyone.

The rain held off long enough to complete the racing in comfort.

Sorry to hear of your discomfort Womble; you did the right thing by cutting out the second circuit.

Paul (Romford Runner) and I went round together, and finished in 2'17" 14sec, which was ahead of target, and accompanied Superdazza for a few miles.

Thanks to Jon and Caz for hanging on to support us as we came through the first circuit. How did you sprinters get on?
  • Morning All

Big thanks to Snoop , probably would have tailed off . if we were'nt running together , smashed last yrs' time by over 4 mins.
    Went home to watch Paula R , quality performance
  • Did 55:31 by my watch... very pleased indeed! 6:45 min miles!
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    went just under 80 mins for the 8 miles, by my watch, so Im relatively happy (slowest time ever though!) Think I saw Caz at about 2 miles, but she flew past and I was caught in some 'traffic' so didn't say hello at the time. I tried to find you all before the start but I hadn't checked the last messages on the forum before the end of Friday and so didn't know about Natwest, but never mind, hopefully Ill see people at the Cabbage Patch. Really enjoyed myself, but for the price we paid for entry, it has to be the 16 miler next time...
  • Hi all, sounds like everyone had a great time and the weather was kind, except it was bl**dy freezing watching you 16'ers and marathoners, but at least the rain held off.

I beat my target time, did 1:04:48 at the 8 mile mark and 1:06:20 at the finish. I averaged 8:10 min miles. I'm very pleased, I just need to up the pace for Brighton now.

Met Jon, Josie, Romford Runner, Jason L, Snoop and DavidP (I hope I haven't missed anyone). Well done to Josie who smashed her target time by 5 mins, well done Josie, the 4 day week plan is really paying off for you. And well done to Jon (the sprinter) who legged it the whole way round!

I didn't see you Snicks, I didn't realise you were running it either, no doubt you did a very good time.

I really enjoyed the course and am looking forward to doing this again in March.
  • Hi annajo, well done in the race, hope you enjoyed your day and sorry we missed you. I'll see you at the Cabbage Patch on Sunday.
  • Didn't realise snicks was doing it either! She must have wanted to keep a low profile!
  • Morning all

Finished the 16 in 2:27. I am very pleased.
    First 8 1:13, second 8 1:14. If it wasn't for a call of nature on the second lap I'd have finished must faster!

Jon/Caz thanks for the support after the first lap.

Well done everyone else on your times.

Hope to see some of you next week at the Cabbage Patch 10!

Jason L

P.S.
    Was it just me, or did anyone else find the Blackcurrent Gatoraid disgusting?

• Need your assistance.
    We are still ploughing through the results trying to put them into some sort of sense.
    We have them in time order, however, before we put them up on the web we would you to verify them.
    If you would like your own copy of the results on an Excl file to check that the info we have for you is correct, then please email me privately at: results@humanrace.co.uk
    John
  • CONGRATS to everyone who took part, sounds like another significant RW forumites outing and also sounds like you all had a great time.