Milton Keynes Marathon

1394041424345»

Comments

• Hey Owl - that's very odd - mine is two seconds less...

• Liam68 wrote (see)

think so - it was next to the players tunnel - as you came into the stadium turn right, then left - then half way along...mad wasn't it?!

Well I know I was tired, cold & wet but I'm sure on entering the stadium I turned left, then right, then found the finish line half way along? Has that cleared it up or made it more confusing?!

• SpadgerSpadger ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to get the split timings for the half way point etc?  I can't seem to get them on the site I'm directed to.

• I think my brain is stil frozen - Dave you are right...!

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    Spadger wrote (see)

Does anyone know how to get the split timings for the half way point etc?  I can't seem to get them on the site I'm directed to.

As far as I'm aware the timing mats on the course were for the relay race. They made an audible beep when passing over them, which suggests that the split times were registered.  I was disappointed when I couldn't find them.

• I have been over at Caldecote Lake today and it is impossible to run a circuit of the lake because of the flood water.  The only way we could get away from the pub carpark to run was by crossing the dual carriageway.

• I remember running down the slope, turning left into the stadium then running round the track to my right and then seeing the two red strips and a clock - hope that was the finish! image

• For timings, send a mail to race timing systems. they might be able to extract the information you're looking for.

As far as the race is concerned, having tried to train since a heart attack 11 months prior, being told by the quack that the discs in my Lumbar spine are shagged and walking is the best I could acheive I started the race. The weather was foul but the company was good, the marshalls in the main excellent but the organisation could / should have been better.

I was last but one on the course and despite being in extreme pain at mile 12 pushed on to 15 to get the, advertised, coach back to the stadium. Between 12 and 15 things were being packed away which was quite demoralising. Getting to 15  and being told "oh the coach has gone" was really the worst thing I'd heard for a very long time. One of the guy's handing out water was an absolute diamond and offered a lift back to the stadium to me and the last person on the course. She was intent on continuing but realised that the cold and wet and lack of support going on could result in serious trouble.

Having said all of that if my back can be fixed I'll be back out there next year or the year after.

Final gripe, crap finish line experience I could see that and I didn't cross it. The lack of anywhere to change other than unheated toilets. The medal stuffed in the bottom of a 'goodie' bag that contained nothing good (that includes the quality of the bag itself) was perhaps  the final insult of the day.

• Sorry, just wee bit too late jumping in on this thread

Despite all the crap weather, weak goodie bag and distance issues. I think one thing that really stood out were all the people in the crowd, they stood out in the rain cheering everyone on, when they could have been home in a nice cozy house out of the rain.

My hats off all of them, It's definitely soemthing I'm going to take back to the US with me when I get assigned back there in July