Enduroman 1st - 10th June 2012

Comments

• I had a lovely rest day today, nice and chilled.

Seren - I hope the ride went well.

12 hours running for me tomorrow, bizarrely I'm looking forward to it imageimage

• 12 x 1 hr loops today, each loop four miles.

2 miles run, 1 mile holly walk, 1 mile run, then rest until the hour.

Doesn't sound too bad does it ???

• Ummm..... no?? imageimage

Hope you have fun and that the weather is better with you than it is here!!

AMAZING training going on!! Well done!

• I totally agree with Hope. Utterly amazing training. I won't hang around cluttering the thread up but wanted to say wow to you all.
  • I think this thread should be renamed the 'Phsychiatric Wing'

Good training girls, excellent stuff .... I believe Barlos is out doing a few laps of MK at the moment   image
  • A bit wet in devon. Up at 6 and ran 13.25 miles. Going to have a long awaited afternoon nap.
  • I don't know what you lot got up to in Wales the other week Seren and Purple, but Barlos definitely has a different approach to his training.

Thank you image

• He hasn't told you of out pact......

What the pair of us would do for him if he finished the double imageimage
  • my god, have we actually got Barlos motivated to train ??

Schmunkee - perhaps best you don't know what we did at the weekend imageimage

Well I hurt now ! It wasn't very pretty at the end but I am very pleased to have done it.

A couple of easy days for me now

Come on Barlos - where's your update ?
  • I have been in bed all afternoon purple........resting....i think its an important part of training..your turn now image

brilliant session for you today both physically and mentally.........

• Just been reading back through all the training exploits, looks like some big miles and hours being done by all concerned.

I hope you get from the race everything you hope for, I'm just sorry that by the looks of things I won't be able to make it this year to support you all in your efforts.

So, best of luck to you all.

Just remember when the going gets tough, and it will, just keep moving forward that way you are always getting closer to the finish.

• Fantastic training Seren & PTL, im in awe of what youre both doing and thats really spurring me on.  Some hideously hardcore training by both of you. 

Over the weekend ive done:

Fri - 3:00 run/walk, Sun 3:30 run/walk and today I did about 90 miles of the 100 mile sportive today having missed a turn at 75ish miles.  6.30 on the bike and I was riding a good pace all the way.  Consolled myself that instead of doing the extra 10 miles id go for a 1 hour run which ive just aborted 2 minutes in as my toe was giving me gip (it was ok on the bike).

Im really pleased overall, especially dragging my ass out the door today as it was wet and wild most of the day.

• GOM, we'll miss you down at AT image

• LOL Meldy, you've got that right... You are all bonkers - in a lovely totally dedicated sort of way...
  • Nice one Purple/Seren. Loads of miles going in. Barley 90 is a fair effort I'd have thought.

Had a nightmare on Friday morning. Went out with my bro in law and after about 6 miles of biking coming down a hill at about 20mph, hit a wet patch, front tyre slid resulting in me hitting the deck. I Giro Atmos helmet snapped in 3 places, 1 bruise on head, right shoulder, right hip and right forearm and a bit of whiplash latter I'm OK. Think I got away with that one. Good summer bike came out ok, a few small scratches on the gear shifter and headset but otherwise all looks good.

A bit sore on Saturday but I did a 12.3mile run in 2hrs so pleased with that and 18 miles on turbo this morning.Run on dreadmill tomorrow.

Looking forward to next week when the kids are back in school to get some longer bikes in but I am working weekdays at the moment and don't like to compromise weekend time with the kids. Good job its light early!!

Keep fit and healthy everyone.image

• chilliboy............glad to hear the bike is ok.............sounds like you had a nasty fall and amazing that you managed to run the next day.thats hardcore.......

Barley....90 miles in this weather was brilliant...i don't mind running in it so much but cycling is hardwork.......

i am going to have a rest day tomorrow and try and have a walk maybe just to ease my knee...it really isn't liking running so will stop running until VLM.......

• Good training by us all this weekend image

Chilliboy - that fall sound horrid, I'm glad you are OK.

I hurt like I never have before today ! Not just my legs, my back and stomach too. I'm supposed to be working but the brain does not want to engage.

I think I may well be back in bed this afternoon.

Resting will not be a problem !

• Glad to hear youre ok Chilliboy, well done for getting back with a run and a turbo.

Seren, Purple, how are you doing on the sleep/recovery front, I had 10 hours sleep last night and am still shattered.  I do kind of like the fatigued feeling, lets me know ive put some effort in image 
  • Barley - looks like we crossed. I am very tired !
  • Nothing much to add, other than the training being posted here is awe inspiring. Keep it up
  • I have more rest days training for the double than the single. My sessions ate longer and I do very few shorter or faster sessions. So I either have a medium or ling session and rest days ate about 3 a week..
  • Purple, did you do the 10 laps which would have been 40 miles?

Massive!! Enjoy the rest.

Puts my 5 mile treadmill at work to shameimage

• Seren, whenare you cycling home ?
  • Friday...in the day...I am trying to gear myself up to getting on the bike this morning....still in my pjs
  • Seren.

You are hearby ordered to be out the door by 10.00

DO IT image
  • Seren - be careful though not to over do it , you have a long ride on Friday.

I am resting today image

My legs are so much better today so I am feeling happier.

My training plan this weekend is

Sat: 4 hr bike am Swim pm (gentle swim just focusing on drills)
    Sun: 26 miles run, done very slowly, if necessarily taking 6 hours.

That's a rest weekend.imageimage
    There is quite a lot of running in my plan for this week and next week. I just queried it with my coach and he said "the reason for the run emphasis is primarily this takes longer to recover from…. so, you need a greater gap between the big runs and race day. Cycling is less stressful, May bank holiday will be a big cycling weekend for you"

So I'm guessing that May will be more cycle focused.

Barley - hope the toe recovers soon

• Thanks PTL, getting a bit frustrated by the toe, if its not better by Monday im going to see a physio.  Could just be that the tendons/ligaments were bruised and need longer to recover.

Good advice about the running, I guess your plan will cut back from May?

This weekend ive got a 112 mile sportive on Sunday, not sure what im doing on Sat but need something to tire the legs a little image
  • I guess if the toe is no better you could cycle on Saturday too? a back to back ride would be good.

• barley missed your post but it must have worked as looked at my garmin and i left at 9:57...image

I am tired.managed 50 miles and it was sunny....but got lost a few times including on exmoor ....and managed to find a few too many 20% hills which drained the legs...........rest now until fridays long bike......sun i will get back into the taff for a swim...and sunday will be a rst day but on my feet for hours supporting at teh Llanelli marathon

does seem a tough run week Purple........a 26 miler so soon after the 50 miler......but it seems to be working so far..........and i see what he means about cutting back running closer to the date.......

i am cutting back running to try and let my knee heal

• can't believe how sunny it is today in devonimage