Options

Enduroman 1st - 10th June 2012

Comments

• Options

Doing the triple swim last year I was in the water for 4.5 hours.  I cant recall feeling cold at all, swam in wersuit and 2 swimcaps.  I did have a flash of soup which I swigged occasionally as a precaution, but didnt really need it.  Ive also a high body fat so that would have helped.

The lake wasnt particularly cold in my opinion, as its small and shallow im guessing it'll warm up quite a bit over the next few weeks, especially with the warm weather we're having now.

Its the Quinn's and Deca's that will suffer, understandably their bodies wont be as strong/able to cope with the cold after theve been at is for days and days.

• Options

In other news:

Ive booked meal tickets for Fri, Sat & Sun, 3x Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day.  had anticipated id need them for myself and a support crew of 2.

Im not going to be using any of the Friday ones now, and will have at least 1 spare for each meal over the weekend. 

If anyone wants these meal tickets for themselves or supporters please send me a private message?  Id rather give them away than see them wasted.

• Options

Who knows, if it stays this warm for a week or so with the shallowness of the pond they may be looking at non-wetsuit swims image

• Options
    Barlow - if the worst comes to the worst, you may be able to rid of them on the days that they are due to other supporters/participants who are there
  • Options

evening

Its a scorcher out there....image

• Options

It is up north as well. Did a 13 mile run in the mid day sun. It was warm. Went through nearly a litre and a half of liquid. Last longer run for me. Bike Sunday early hopefully and swim in the evening.

• Options

good running chilli...............i have done nothing all day but watch the torch relay..............i am so proud of my middle son who did the torch.......... from him being on the news this morning to doing interviews and carrying the torch..........its been amazing.........I have had  such a lot of proud mummy moments today

• Options

im sure he will have a few proud moments of his own too in a few days time Seren, Good luck to all 

• Options

thanks DK.......He was the one who helped me get my first sub 4:30 marathon...he supported me at the lakeland 50 last year meeting me at 5:30 am in the morning in the village to run in with me and he was also a volunteer at IMW where he worked all day in transition...........so I'm sure he's going to be a great crew member for me at the double...........

And I will try my best to make him as proud of me as I am of him........if anyone will get me through the double .he willimage

• Options
    Awwww Seren! You two obviously have a very loving relationship. It's made me go all warm and fuzzy inside image
  • Options

All,

Re lake temperatures, I swam at Lake 32 today, 2 weeks ago it was chilly, such that even with neoprene socks, gloves and 2 hats I was cold after an hour.

Swam there again today in just my wetsuit & 1 swim hat, it was lovely, must have increased 5 degrees in 2 weeks (apparently it was 12 last time).

• Options
    Do you still have that swim cap, Barlosimage
  • Options

Yes, must be in my swim bag.

• Options
    Is it still wearable?
  • Options

5 hour cycle for me today - it was warm ! image

Very pleased the lakes have warmed up, lets hope they stay that way.

• Options

This just appeared on Enduroman website:

http://www.enduromanlive.com/

• Options

good spot purple.and good training

I swam 3k OW yesterday and the lake was very warm........

i did the chilterns today but with the weather changed it down to the medio.so only 75 miles..........but it was so hot and I really do not do hills well in the heat.so sufferred...........but finished and have no aches and pains so a sucess.,

took the positive from the start time that if it is hot on the day we only have about 6 hours on the bike in the sun before it starts to cool down...........

and the run is mainly shaded......

• Options

Nice one Seren, glad you are more positive about it.

I finally did the distance for the swim tonight, in the pool though. 156 lengths in 1 hr 19 mins 22 secs. Pleased with that. Ran 13 miles on Friday as well. Really going to try and get a long bike in on Wednesday. I'm lacking on distance there at the moment.

Hopefully going to get in the OW tomorrow night. Need to jiggle a few things tomorrow and try and get someone to cover in work for me for a couple of hours tomorrow evening. If not got an offer for someone to swim with me on Wednesday night. The Speedo swim session I was booked on this Saturday at a place called Talkin Tarn has been moved to Windermere. Didn't mind a 1hr round trip but 4 hour return trip isn't going to work for me with the family so I'm off that.

Hang in everyone not long to go nowimage

• Options

Seren - well done with coping with heat, I was thinking about you as I was out on my run, it was hot.

Chilli- be careful not to do too much now. Anything you do should be short with a mixture of high tempo stuff.

I have nothing long in my plan now, 75 mins bike is the longest session. 

I am getting excited now imageimage

• Options

i was thinking 30 miles as my longest bike session in the next 10 days.........

good going Chilli............that is a fast swim time for around these parts ...you will be out on the bike whilst i'm still on there..............if so can you drag me up braggers lane.....

everytime we got to a hill yesterday i was determined not to get off.........each time i would tell myself.......that i had got to Braggers lane again and so had to do it one more time.............they were all harder than the one on the AT course but in my mind it was another of the 20 times we haqve to do itimage

• Options

Sounds like people's plans are coming together just at the right time. Wish I could do a sub 1-20 swim image

• Options

Symes so do I... but I did hear some people managed to PB in the lake last yearimage

• Options

Yeah, I've heard that too, only a couple of times though image

• Options

Seren - what was your average time for each run loop?

Just trying to figure out how long it may take me

• Options

Very best of luck everyone. We as always will be following your progress.

• Options

16:24  including transistion
    12:53   ran whole way
    14:09
    14:16
    13:41
    14:10
    15:23
    14:24
    15:06
    14:25
    15:05
    15:16
    first 12 not too bad then

17:59
    16:42
    16:10
    16:37
    15:44
    17:41
    16:33
    15:39
    17:20
    17:34
    19:45
    18:33
    19:26

total 7:01:54

the laps were suppossed to be 1 mile but they were much longer than that..and the mud in parts was so thick that it was difficult to even walk through.and the steep banking was lethal.(this is gone this year)........

• Options

and bike splits

1:01:58
    51:10
    49:58
    49:26
    53:10
    51:09
    51:57
    58:58
    51:21
    56:06

11.6 miles each total 116 miles in 8:55:16

the first included transition...........the 5th,8th and 10th included a stop for food as it was too wet and windy to be able to eat on the bike............the rest were just a stop to exchange bottles 

• Options

I cant go to this now. Do you think I should formally withdraw? I'm only doing half so shouldnt think it will matter......

• Options

That's a shame AJH, I guess it would save them having to make up a goodie bag if nothing else