Options

Tesco fuel vouchers

NessieNessie ✭✭✭

A colleague discovered last week something that I and so far everyone I have mentioned it to hadn't noticed - that you can use up to 3 of the 5p off vouchers per fuel transaction.

As someone who spends more that £50 per week and only fills up once a month, this is good news (I used to give away the ones I thought I couldn't use).

Just thought I'd pass this on to my forum friends (and cost Tesco a few quid in the process image)

Comments

• Options

Nessie, I don't understand what it is that people haven't noticed. Why would I use more than 1 voucher per transaction? Do you mean I can have 15p off per litre for one transaction (using 3 vouchers)? Now, that hadn't occured to me! I await your reply with ...image (saliva!).

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

What is Tesco and fuel?

Anyway on a non flippant note - for those who it will make a difference to - great.

• Options
    I got a coupon today - it says: "Multiple coupons cannot be used in the same transaction". I'm sure that I read the other day though that the petrol offers by purchasing specific items (coke and other stuff that I don't buy) could be used in conjunction. It's all a bit confusing for my tiny brain!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Yes, 3 coupons in one transaction - I got £7.80 off my 52 litres.

It's printed on the back of the pre-printed vouchers you get if you get your shopping delivered (lazy I know, but I'm pregnant and have a 3 year old - not much fun doing a weekly shop in the store).  I used that plus two I had from previous visits. 

Peter - I didn't actually look at the till-printed ones, but I wasn't questioned.  Maybe a mistake at the petrol station.......still, I won't be owning up any time soon. image

• Options
    our tesco petrol is always 3 to 5 p a litre more expensive than asdas...............so not such a great dealimage
  • Options
    I have to travel 8 mile to my nearest tesco garage...kinda outweighs the savings (plus they are more expensive)

We drive to Donegal (not as dramatic as it sounds...just 3 mile away) where the petrol is a bit cheaper and we get 15% allowance on our sterling over euro.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

My Squeeze told me that the woman working in the Tesco petrol station had told him he could use more than one voucher - but he only had one.

The voucher I've got does say "multiple coupons cannot be used in the same transaction" though.

But it's got to be worth a try if anyone's got more than one image

• Options

I used 2 vouchers last week and asked about the multiple coupons statement. The cashier said the policy has just changed and they haven't updated the text yet.

It's not a bad deal on the tuna too!

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Ah, that explains that one Lamb - and means I probably haven't been missing out for ages as I had feared.

Well, I am Scottish AND an accountant.....................

Living in "Tesco Town", I can't avoid them.  Still, ASDA are currently building a new store here, so soon I'll have the choice between theiving Tesco, and a company owned by Walmart.  Joy.