Which forums do you visit

2»

Comments

• I read URWFRC, General, Events, then Beginners, Injuries and Gear if I have time. Never Bugs or FLM due to lack of interest. I wouldn't say it's cliquey. I don't post often but I read lots of the content (I'm a voyeur, clearly) and like the vibe and the mutual support and respect.
  • URWFRC
    General
    Training

That is in ascending order of seriousness. When I log on I've usually lost my va va voom and am in need of a laugh (already had one on this thread with the "Tim is such an @rse" comment). I only log on to Training when I have aspecific problem - I have no help to give being too inexperienced.

I too find it very hard to keep up with the speed threads disappear. Could we have more posts at the beginning Rob so we could find the thread we were looking for ?

Tim, I know this is going to sound strange, what with my anti ironing/housework/what the hell hygiene comments - but that ironing board - I kinda miss it....
  • Yeah, I miss the ironing board. And I've been away for a few days and BK seems to have turned into a wine glass. What's that all about?
  • I tend to check out the "hot threads" first, then URWFRC, training, general then events. I don't really look at the others, unless they appear as a hot thread at some point in the day.
  • URWFRC, then general, events, FLM.
    Rarely beginners, training, gear, bugs.

I miss the ironing board as well.

• Oops, forgot about the "ouch it hurts", but visit that one rarely.
  • Mungus, I like red wine and get bored of looking at me
  • And it's kinda scary in an "am I drinking too much" sort of way...
  • Yes I do drink too much but its not above my knees yet. Its not helped by the fact I'm missing my favourite Badger
  • I look at URFRWC and then General. When injured I felt a fraud looking at training and events. Have started to take more part in training and just recently, events.
    I like the Gear threads, and have posted on FLM, so as I recuperate, I'm taking a fuller role. As I'm still not 100% I don't feel qualified to be a 100%er on all threads, however if you've had an injury, I've 'probably' been there first!
  • I go from top to bottom. Don't look at the racing one much as I don't race.....yet.
    ;-)

What is URWRC? Am I being thick but I can't see any of the forums that can be abreiviated into this?

Beth
  • Unofficial Forum, then health (for fat club)
    Then general
    I find the training section rather intimidating, cos everyone seems so fit
    I only have hard training days!
    I havent turned the E mail notification off yet cos Im a sad cow and like to have 100 messages waitng when I come home
    Dont get many mails otherwise
    I do sometimes find the unofficial forum cliquey, but I expect thats a time thing
    Beth, the U whatsit is called the Unofficial forum
  • Beth 30

It stands for Unofficial Runners World Forum Running Club (or something close to that) It's the club that was started after the London Marathon and it means that whenever you go to a race you can hope to find some people you know (electronically at least).

Is it very hot today. I do so envy you your weather. I grew up in Cyprus and I just can't get used to this silly English climate - every day the weather just seems WRONG !
  • A funny thing happened on the way to the Forumn
  • I dip in an out of them all apart from FLM and the bugs one.

It's just a shame really that my job gets in the way of following the threads!

As for cliquey-ness, I haven't found this at all.

Happy Shambling!
  • URWFRC
    General
    Training
    Events
    Beginners

sometimes the others.

Sorry to hear that some people find it cliquey. The attraction for me was that it WASN'T cliquey. I guess now, being a fairly lomg time member of this that I don't notice it but I've always liked the idea of new people joining and the number of those has increased hugely with the new format.

All the best,

RB
  • Training definitely first
    General
    Events
    Beginners/FLM every so often
    UFRC for any reasonable threads.I agree with points raised already that the topics scroll too fast and by the time I get to have a look then there is sometimes upwards of 100 posts.I tend to look at the title and see if it interests me.
    Don't always get enough time to spend all day looking though.

Gear/health - only if I need specific advice (then I do a search)